Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
The gaps between LA Galaxy's defence and midfield made his day a lot easier. Very good performance for what it was. He needs to replicate it against better organised teams.
True. But if we go two up top next season then hopefully it'll mean strikers pulling away defenders more often for the likes of Mkhitaryan and Pogba to exploit (attack) the space. Would be lovely to see because they're fantastic at it.

Litch

They might have been poor but we've seen him do this last season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Personally love seeing him in the middle like that. Have Herrera holding with him next to Pogba against the teams that sit back and we'll have much more creativity.
De Gea
Valencia Lindelof Bailly Blind
Mkhitaryan Herrera Pogba
Rashford Lukaku Martial
Obviouly not in every game, but against weaker opposition or when we need a goal, why not? Creativity and pace all over.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The gaps between LA Galaxy's defence and midfield made his day a lot easier. Very good performance for what it was. He needs to replicate it against better organised teams.
His problem last season was consistency really. He showed his class on occasion but always for a few games before having a few ineffective games, or just in spurts throughout the game and then would be sloppy at times. A lot of people are worried about lack of strengthening in our attack, and we do probably need an actual winger, but the likes of Mkhitaryan, Martial and Mata are excellent players on form, and for the most part they were just really inconsistent last season and we should expect way more from all of them, especially the first 2. Could be like new signings if they find their form consistently.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I do not understand how a player can run faster with the ball than without.

Acole9

Outstanding
When he's got the ball he runs through defenders like Owen did against Argentina in the 1998 World Cup.

Bwuk

I'd definately have him and Mata starting every week.

Would love to see something like this although I know it's impractical.

Dave
Valencia - Bailly - Lindelof - Shaw
Herrera
Mkhitaryan - Pogba
Mata
Lukaku - Rashford​

criticalanalysis

Because it's a not simple case of running in a straight line, i.e opposition players are trying to keep up with the ball, which under the control, precision and speed of Miki make it's a whole different task.

It's zig zagging with the player on the ball, closing tactical space, making the angle for a tackle etc that's really really hard.

Mr Smith

I actually really forgot how good he can be. Devestating with the ball at his feet. He had a very disrupted season last year and was still quite productive; I think he'll be excellent this season.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Lets hope he suffers from inverted second season syndrome and shows what he is capable of doing through all the year, against tougher oppo

Web of Bissaka

Have you ever played football?

It's all about focus/concentration. Having the ball at our feet, we focus much on the ball, keeping it always under control with the right touch/weight while moving rapidly, always making sure our foot are always near it, when we turn here and there, running with the ball. In order to always be near with the ball, we instinctively push all our body forward and increase our paces (the moving of both foot right and left towards the ball in heightened intensity)... it's kind of like chasing the ball when we burst forward with it, in order to always be in control of the ball. It's important to train and sharpen always our football touches.. that's the key to be that fast on-the-ball.

It's very different off-the-ball, there's nothing to focuses on, or aims to target.. plus there are a lot of "distractions" eg. players moving around, noises in games, etc. Well there are those players who are fast without the ball than with, the runners when they run, they focuses on their legs or/and the spaces they're running into, often best at straight line. And then there are those who are that good on- and off- the ball.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Have you ever played football?

It's all about focus/concentration. Having the ball at our feet, we focus much on the ball, keeping it always under control with the right touch/weight while moving rapidly, always making sure our foot are always near it, when we turn here and there, running with the ball. In order to always be near with the ball, we instinctively push all our body forward and increase our paces (the moving of both foot right and left towards the ball in heightened intensity)... it's kind of like chasing the ball when we burst forward with it, in order to always be in control of the ball. It's important to train and sharpen always our football touches.. that's the key to be that fast on-the-ball.

It's very different off-the-ball, there's nothing to focuses on, or aims to target.. plus there are a lot of "distractions" eg. players moving around, noises in games, etc. Well there are those players who are fast without the ball than with, the runners when they run, they focuses on their legs or/and the spaces they're running into, often best at straight line. And then there are those who are that good on- and off- the ball.
I play football. It was not a serious question. It was just to point out one of his more unique abilities.

Dazzmondo

Very impressive start to the pre-season. Hope he can produce in the league because he has immense talent. Some excellent passing and his finishing has been clinical

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Overall performance was okay but that finish was stunning on weaker foot. Very clinical.

He cant, obviously, he just doesn't sprint much off the ball.

Anyway he was our best player today and one of the best against LA Galaxy. Let's hope his pre season form continues to the league.

el3mel

Finally one of our players decided to shoot the ball in a corner rather than keeping shooting in the center of the goal where the GK is present.

This is the sort of finish I want to see a lot next season.

LoneStar

I know it's preseason and all, but he's looked good in both the matches. He's most effective when he plays through the center. I hope we use him a #10, especially against the weaker teams. He really thrives in space and Lukaku will definitely create that for him. I really hope he kicks on from his previous season, cause we really need him.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I know it's preseason and all, but he's looked good in both the matches. He's most effective when he plays through the center. I hope we use him a #10, especially against the weaker teams. He really thrives in space and Lukaku will definitely create that for him. I really hope he kicks on from his previous season, cause we really need him.
His link up playing when placed in the middle is very good. He's very active and connects everybody with one another. The #10 spot should be rotated between Mata and Mkhitaryan, nobody else. If we're in a 3-5-2, you can rotate Martial, Rashford and Lukaku up top and if we're in a 4-2-3-1, we can rotate Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Young and Perisic (or whoever we're gonna sign) on the wings.

LoneStar

His link up playing when placed in the middle is very good. He's very active and connects everybody with one another. The #10 spot should be rotated between Mata and Mkhitaryan, nobody else. If we're in a 3-5-2, you can rotate Martial, Rashford and Lukaku up top and if we're in a 4-2-3-1, we can rotate Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Young and Perisic (or whoever we're gonna sign) on the wings.
We do need signings this summer, but I think a lot of people are forgetting the existing players. We have already signed a proper striker in Lukaku. I expect Mikhi and Martial to be much better this season, this I feel we have already strengthened our attack quite a bit. If we sign a good DM, it frees up Pogba and Herrera who can also contribute more to the attack. I think Mikhi, Martial, Rashford and Pogba will all increase their goal tallies this year.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We do need signings this summer, but I think a lot of people are forgetting the existing players. We have already signed a proper striker in Lukaku. I expect Mikhi and Martial to be much better this season, this I feel we have already strengthened our attack quite a bit. If we sign a good DM, it frees up Pogba and Herrera who can also contribute more to the attack. I think Mikhi, Martial, Rashford and Pogba will all increase their goal tallies this year.
I'm pretty confident of that as well. We just need one winger to add a little depth, but it wouldn't even be that dramatic if we didn't sign one to be honest. I fully expect Mkhitaryan and Martial to take a step forward.

itso 7

I think our attack, in general, will benefit from us playing a 3-5-2 where Martial and Rashford fight it out to play alongside Lukaku whereas Mata and Mkhitaryan would fight to play in behind as #10. With Pogba and Herrera as a double pivot and the likes of Carrick, Fellaini and Perera coming in when we need a proper 3 men midfield. Having attacking wingbacks on both sides plus two uptop will open up the centre of the pitch allowing Pogba and Mkhi the space to carve teams apart.
Speaking of Mkhi, if he can transfer his end of season European form to the league he will solve a lot of problems for us.

Icemav

His problem last season was consistency really. He showed his class on occasion but always for a few games before having a few ineffective games, or just in spurts throughout the game and then would be sloppy at times. A lot of people are worried about lack of strengthening in our attack, and we do probably need an actual winger, but the likes of Mkhitaryan, Martial and Mata are excellent players on form, and for the most part they were just really inconsistent last season and we should expect way more from all of them, especially the first 2. Could be like new signings if they find their form consistently.

The problem is that Martial and Miki only put in a couple of great performances and several abject ones. They are also players that represent square pegs in round holes. They have a lot to prove this season and the coaches have hopefully devised better systems for the mismash personnel we have..... otherwise we will struggle again.

Acole9

Outstanding
Very good start to pre season. Hopefully he can be more clinical in front of goal this season and show a bit more consistency.

AshRK

Only if he becomes even more consistent , this guy can be lethal. He can score and assist almost every game. I can easily see him scoring 15-20 goals in all competition with 15+ assists.

Eddy_JukeZ

He is frustrating to watch, but he's our best player at attacking a defensive line from the middle IMO.

Just need more consistency with that final pass.

Walters_19_MuFc

Can be a bit rash with his decision making, but his ability to drive with the ball through the middle of the park will be key if Mourinho wants us to play on the counter. Unstoppable when he's in full flow. Just needs to focus on that final pass and we've got ourselves a top, top player.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He's lethal when breaking down the middle. Hope he plays most of his games in that position.

kundalini

Erratic performance. Absolutely horrible one moment, then intelligent play the next.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's lethal when breaking down the middle. Hope he plays most of his games in that position.
Yeah, he is very good player. The way he plays, he losses possession few times but that shouldn't be a problem as he creates chances.

ike

A bit erratic as others have said. Still pre-season and some cob webs to dust off I'm sure.
I think he'll come good once he gets more games in and players gel a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.