Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
A lot of fans were asking why Jose kept playing Miki, even though Miki was playing consistently bad.
Jose mentions this.

"I was not happy with his last performances," said Mourinho of a player who has scored twice in 16 games this season.

"It's not one or two, I am talking about three, four or five."

And it seems that Dortmund have a situation where their players do well for them, but when they move to a big club, they suck!

Dortmund have a history of buying back big-name players they have recently sold.

Midfielder Shinji Kagawa returned to the German club in 2014 after two years at Manchester United.

Germany playmaker Mario Gotze arrived back in Dortmund in 2016 after three seasons at Bayern Munich while Turkey midfielder Nuri Sahin had a season at Real Madrid and a loan spell with Liverpool before returning, initially on loan, after a two-year absence in 2014
The interesting thing is that a lot of MUFC fans want us to buy Pulisic. I believe that if he came here, he'd be another Miki/Kagawa.
Some people never learn.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Think he will be sold in the summer or maybe even in winter window if we can get Ozil. Think united are just above his level, he needs consistency and hasnt got it in 1.5 years. He can be a bench option here but starting option has to be a level or two above.
This is something that a lot of people forget.
The guy has been with us for 1.5 seasons and he sucks.
We are not talking about a player who has been here for 3 weeks and must be given time (Lindelof comes to mind, here). In fact, Miki's performance has gone further and further down and the worry is that if we keep playing him, he'll get even worse, which will ultimately effect his re-sale value.

I think the best place for him is Dortmund.

Kapardin

The interesting thing is that a lot of MUFC fans want us to buy Pulisic. I believe that if he came here, he'd be another Miki/Kagawa.
Some people never learn.
The way some talk, it was as though Dortmund was full of only world class players. Reus was the flavor some time before it fizzled out, then Weigl was the favorite last summer, most wanted him over Matic. Now it is Pulisic.

If Dortmund players are that good, they would be top of the Bundesliga and through to the Ro16 in the CL. Enough buying from them.

Bwuk

Game over for Mkhi.

Great player at Dortmund, hasn't worked out for him here.

ThanhlongTDK

Supports
Dortmund
The way some talk, it was as though Dortmund was full of only world class players. Reus was the flavor some time before it fizzled out, then Weigl was the favorite last summer, most wanted him over Matic. Now it is Pulisic.

If Dortmund players are that good, they would be top of the Bundesliga and through to the Ro16 in the CL. Enough buying from them.
Because Reus was genuinely class. So is Weigl. In fact, Dortmund only has Weigl and Guerreiro as their WC players. Even in 2015/2016 when Mkhitaryan was gorgeous, the only 3 i would consider WC are Gundogan, Hummels and Reus (Weigl was a bit young).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Ilkay was doing brilliantly for City before his injury, and it’s no secret what Lewandowski has done since leaving Dortmund either.

If people are genuinely trying to push some sort of theory that a player who does well for Dortmund isn’t really a good player, as some sort of rule, then the caf is still managing to outdo itself I see.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
That's spot on, Mkihitaryan was doing well at the beginning of the season, but he got worse and worse. Lots were saying that it was like playing with 10 men with him on the pitch.

Kostov

The sight of him standing still or galloping slowly around, while everybody even Zlatan was chasing balls and putting pressure on the Brighton defenders got on my nerves. I lost my patience with this guy.

FanBoyRed

The sight of him standing still or galloping slowly around, while everybody even Zlatan was chasing balls and putting pressure on the Brighton defenders got on my nerves. I lost my patience with this guy.
He barely played any minutes and was actually lively. I dont get the hate for the guy on Red Cafe, giving him a bad rating even though he barely played and was rated second worst next to Mata. There were at least 5 other players that played worst, and had much more time on the pitch.

Sgeorge

For me Mikhi needs to be given another opportunity, even Jose thinks so. He was excellent at the start of the season as was Man Utd. But even without him we have been poor lately. I think the system and injuries have played a part in his decline. With Pogba back and almost a completely fit squad,IMO both Man Utd and Mkhitaryan can reach top form soon.

Kostov

He barely played any minutes and was actually lively. I dont get the hate for the guy on Red Cafe, giving him a bad rating even though he barely played and was rated second worst next to Mata. There were at least 5 other players that played worst, and had much more time on the pitch.
It's no hate, I've defended him before and will defend him again if I find he didn't deserve some criticism. Today he didn't do anything that showed he wants back in the first 11, I felt he should put more effort and commitment.
And please do tell us who are those 5 players that were worse than him?

cyberman

I think he'll start v Watford, Ibra for Lukaku and Herrera for Pogba.
We've played an awful amount of football this week so its either rest Pogba on Tuesday or he'll be fecked for the Arsenal game.
We need Mkhi at his best on Tuesday.

FanBoyRed

Im not singling you out buddy, I just think people are just rating this game bad because he played bad before in other games, more of a biased opinion and not based on the match at hand. I agree that he has been poor previously... question is what did he do to deserve a 4/10 in this game? Did he loose the ball, did he not complete passes, was he not running around playing defense, did he not carry the ball up transitioning to attack? Only on one occasion i saw him get dispossessed right after Zlatan got tackled... and in that occasion he was stuck between 2 defenders and lost his footing after making the initial move to loose the first defender. Ya he didnt shine and I definitely think he should have made a better impression after being rightfully left out of 2 games.. but 4/10 average for this game????

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was in no way lively though, and he was jogging around to close people down.

Roy Keane_Tough

Could have had a chance to score a couple of times he was in the box when he didnt receive the ball, overall an average display by no means a terrible one.

Ekeke

A lot of fans were asking why Jose kept playing Miki, even though Miki was playing consistently bad.
Jose mentions this.

And it seems that Dortmund have a situation where their players do well for them, but when they move to a big club, they suck!

Some people never learn.
Its very simple. At Dortmund they are believed in, play good attacking football and if they have an off match its no worries because they are still the guys. Miki and Kagawa come in and they dont have that here. Its a battle to get into the team, then a battle to keep their place and either the manager or the fans can see just 1 bad performance and you're out of the team for months. They lose their confidence, dont believe in themselves as much and then lose their edge. It happaned with Kagawa who used to score plenty of goals at Dortmund but wasnt often on the sheet here, its now starting to happen with Miki. But it goes for players at any other club with lesser expectations too.

el3mel

Its very simple. At Dortmund they are believed in, play good attacking football and if they have an off match its no worries because they are still the guys. Miki and Kagawa come in and they dont have that here. Its a battle to get into the team, then a battle to keep their place and either the manager or the fans can see just 1 bad performance and you're out of the team for months. They lose their confidence, dont believe in themselves as much and then lose their edge. It happaned with Kagawa who used to score plenty of goals at Dortmund but wasnt often on the sheet here, its now starting to happen with Miki. But it goes for players at any other club with lesser expectations too.
First, Mikhi has been terrible under Klopp who's supposed to be an offensive manager as well. He had only one good season there so let's not pretend as usual that the problem is all in our club while the players are fantastic and needs another club to shine. For once let's think that the problem maybe in the player himself.

Second, Kagawa is a complete different case than Mikhi.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
Stop making things up.

Donsangre

First, Mikhi has been terrible under Klopp who's supposed to be an offensive manager as well. He had only one good season there so let's not pretend as usual that the problem is all in our club while the players are fantastic and needs another club to shine. For once let's think that the problem maybe in the player himself.

Second, Kagawa is a complete different case than Mikhi.
Dordmund was terrible that season. Klopp was simply done. Dont overreact please.

Donsangre

He was in no way lively though, and he was jogging around to close people down.
Total nonsense. Every player jogs around. You simply cant just run all the time. He did run quite a lot. Watch it again. He had one chance but he slipped and lost the ball. He kept the ball pretty good in the last few minutes and saved precious seconds which allowed us to keep the advantage and the 3 points. I think CAF fans are just overreacting here.
We are going to park the bus against Arsenal and City. Jose will be thinking that 2 points wont be bad. The season is long and he will be counting on Christmas. This puts all of our attacking players in a peculiar position. They will generally be shit. Rashford and Martial will dribble and lose the ball and the rest will run around aimlessly. Lukaku will drop and try to pick up the ball and lose it. Zlatan will come in to show his Lion Face and pretend that he is still a world class. I may sound like a couch surfer but I m seriously tired of the bullshit tactical setup Jose offers every time. I want to see attacking football.

Status
Not open for further replies.