Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The same happened when Bvb went to shits under Klopp.. Klopp tried to change his approach and our Invicible man went Invicible..
Nice try there mate, we all know Klopp is as one dimensional as a straight line.

Donsangre

The Hater club is back. You guys forget so fast! Although, Mkhi really dropped form. Doesnt do his accelerations, quick linkup play. I think, that Jose kept giving him defensive duties which completely wiped his attacking abilities. Im still hoping that this charade will end soon. Lingard might have had a good game but you will see the lack of organized attack on Saturday. Its going to be a kick the ball and run type of game.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
The Hater club is back. You guys forget so fast! Although, Mkhi really dropped form. Doesnt do his accelerations, quick linkup play. I think, that Jose kept giving him defensive duties which completely wiped his attacking abilities. Im still hoping that this charade will end soon. Lingard might have had a good game but you will see the lack of organized attack on Saturday. Its going to be a kick the ball and run type of game.
Those people who hate think every player will fit it into any team irregardless of the tactics the team uses. He can't defend, so why force him to do something which he doesn't enjoy? Just for example, you aren't going to ask players like Mane, Hazard, etc to defend. Even Mata has struggled this season because of the same reason, but he is criticised less just because he "works hard".

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
His talent doesn't warrant to be totally relieved of defensive duties, especially in a Mourinho team.

Even Rashford and Martial who are bigger talents than Mkhi needs to track back a lot.

You would have to be something utterly exceptional to be allowed to scuff your defensive duties under Mourinho.

Kapardin

Those people who hate think every player will fit it into any team irregardless of the tactics the team uses. He can't defend, so why force him to do something which he doesn't enjoy? Just for example, you aren't going to ask players like Mane, Hazard, etc to defend. Even Mata has struggled this season because of the same reason, but he is criticised less just because he "works hard".
Mkhi has been shite in attack, and it has nothing to do with his defending. Same goes for Mata as well.

Donsangre

His talent doesn't warrant to be totally relieved of defensive duties, especially in a Mourinho team.

Even Rashford and Martial who are bigger talents than Mkhi needs to track back a lot.

You would have to be something utterly exceptional to be allowed to scuff your defensive duties under Mourinho.
Lots of coaches over the years tried to add defensive duties to Mkhi. Never worked. He does his best when he roams freely. Scored a record number of goals in ukraine after being forced to play a CM.Then record number of passes in Germany after he was given freedom. Jose will never give him freedom and I think it ll be better for Mkhi to move on to Athletico, Arsenal type of team.

Donsangre

Martial yes, i disagree about Rashford. The guys has not developed team play brain yet. He thinks he can do it all by himself.

Donsangre

Mkhi has been shite in attack, and it has nothing to do with his defending. Same goes for Mata as well.
Not true. I think his shit form coincided with both Pogba and Fellaini being out. He kept playing worse and worse with less and less support from teammates and eventually from the coach. Its the way it goes in life usually. One thing brings another and you feck up and you are done. Mkhi will still have his chances to show us his abilities. Lets hope he does. He used to be good. Even if he doesnt its ok, he will move on and we will get someone else. We will still remember his awesome scorpion kick goal.

AndyJ1985

Not true. I think his shit form coincided with both Pogba and Fellaini being out. He kept playing worse and worse with less and less support from teammates and eventually from the coach. Its the way it goes in life usually. One thing brings another and you feck up and you are done. Mkhi will still have his chances to show us his abilities. Lets hope he does. He used to be good. Even if he doesnt its ok, he will move on and we will get someone else. We will still remember his awesome scorpion kick goal.
More bullshit excuses. He should be able to show his talent with or without Pogba.

AndyJ1985

Thats a total nonsense. Its a team game. It all falls apart once you take an important piece of it out.
A player constantly losing possession, easily getting knocked off the ball, misplacing passes, missing chances, and generally being useless, is not the fault of the team. Stop passing the blame on to others for Mkhitaryan's failings.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
They both are being asked to defend too which they might not be enjoying, which leads to frustration and loss of confidence. Because of defending they have to take up different positions they which might want to. There are many things which affect a player.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They both are being asked to defend too which they might not be enjoying, which leads to frustration and loss of confidence. Because of defending they have to take up different positions they which might want to. There are many things which affect a player.
Yeah imagine football player asked to work hard for the team, cnut of a manager isn't it? Forget all that, in most games we dominate possession and play in attacking third, still Mkhitaryan has been disappointing in the last few games. He does few things superbly, like carrying the ball forward at pace but when in the last few games he was poor in every game and didn't contribute anything at all.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
A player constantly losing possession, easily getting knocked off the ball, misplacing passes, missing chances, and generally being useless, is not the fault of the team. Stop passing the blame on to others for Mkhitaryan's failings.
It has been happening to many of our players not just Mkhi. Mata, Lukaku, Matic, Herrera, Valencia, Rashford all have been struggling. Not just in one game, it has been happening constantly.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
Yeah imagine football player asked to work hard for the team, cnut of a manager isn't it? Forget all that, in most games we dominate possession and play in attacking third, still Mkhitaryan has been disappointing in the last few games. He does few things superbly, like carrying the ball forward at pace but when in the last few games he was poor in every game and didn't contribute anything at all.
I am not saying that Mourinho is wrong in asking them to work hard. I am saying that every player is different, their mentality is different. Would you ask Hazard or Ronaldo to play defensively? I am not saying Mkhi is as good as those 2 players.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I am not saying that Mourinho is wrong in asking them to work hard. I am saying that every player is different, their mentality is different. Would you ask Hazard or Ronaldo to play defensively? I am not saying Mkhi is as good as those 2 players.
Mkhitaryan didn't play defensively. Attacking players helping in defence is different from attacking players playing defensively. Like I said, we were top side in most games and attacked the opponents, where was Mkhitaryan defending? Also he was playing behind the striker and it's not like he was asked to cover the fullback either.

Rajma

Lots of coaches over the years tried to add defensive duties to Mkhi. Never worked. He does his best when he roams freely. Scored a record number of goals in ukraine after being forced to play a CM.Then record number of passes in Germany after he was given freedom. Jose will never give him freedom and I think it ll be better for Mkhi to move on to Athletico, Arsenal type of team.
Did I just read it right, Atletico and freedom? That one team is one of the most hardworking teams in the whole europe, and Simeone wouldn't have any passengers in his team. Imo you lost little credibility you had with this statement.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
Mkhitaryan didn't play defensively. Attacking players helping in defence is different from attacking players playing defensively. Like I said, we were top side in most games and attacked the opponents, where was Mkhitaryan defending? Also he was playing behind the striker and it's not like he was asked to cover the fullback either.
As I have said before in this thread. Mkhi is suited to a different type of team which plays faster football and creates spaces, our passing is usually slow which leads to the opposition players getting into position and he doesn't have space. Maybe he is being asked to defend but he is not able to and gets criticised by Mourinho for not defending, no one was this critical of him when he got those assists at the beginning of the season. The Watford game would have been perfect for him to get back in form. I think it is better for him and for United if he leaves and joins some other team which plays faster football like City or Arsenal, then when he starts playing well people here will start crying that we shouldn't have let him go.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Mkhi couldn't pass five yards, couldnt hold off players half the size of him, all because he had defensive duties.

For all he defensive duties Mkhi had, we were pretty fecking defensively open in the games he was shite in.

The problem with Mkhi was that he was not helping the midfield whatsoever, any defensive duties he had he wasnt fulfilling.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I hate this line of reasoning. "You don't agree with me, therefore you have an agenda"

I don't hate Miki at all, in fact i was thrilled when we signed him and i really want him to succeed here. The truth is though, apart from some purple patches here and there he has been really underwhelming during his time here. He might be brilliant when in form, but right now he is competing with Zlatan, Mata, Rashford and Martial among others, and does not deserve to start ahead of them

arthurka

You might want to mention that entire team was bad in that season.
And he did too didn´t he? This was a thread about HM not Schmelzer and Auba?
His time with BVB is way overstated his first season was ok, second he never got going at all but under Tuchel he got his act together.. If we bought him as a 10 he never really shined there.. When he was good he played in a free role more out on the wing and could do what he wanted not tracking back all the time and defend..

Dave46

And he did too didn´t he? This was a thread about HM not Schmelzer and Auba?
His time with BVB is way overstated his first season was ok, second he never got going at all but under Tuchel he got his act together.. If we bought him as a 10 he never really shined there.. When he was good he played in a free role more out on the wing and could do what he wanted not tracking back all the time and defend..
I agree about him not being 10 for sure.

Dave46

Did I just read it right, Atletico and freedom? That one team is one of the most hardworking teams in the whole europe, and Simeone wouldn't have any passengers in his team. Imo you lost little credibility you had with this statement.
He will not move to Athletico for political reasons, unless they stopped using their shirt logo.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Do we blame his defensive duties for him passing straight to opposition players? Not even under pressure, because that has quite a number of times.

The excuses are just getting silly now.

Roy Keane_Tough

I really enjoyed watching him last 12 months, yes his form dropped but when in form he was very entertaining.

Donsangre

No one says that Mkhi isnt hardworking. On the contrary, he will do fine in a hard-working team. The way Man Utd plays is very depressing for a player like Mkhi. I have to be honest his form dropped considerably lately. That doest take away neither his abilities nor workrate. After first 5 games Jose was very happy with Mkhi. Praising him at every occasion and saying that finally they both started to understand eqch other. Fans forget thing like this super fast.
No one says that Mkhi isnt hardworking. On the contrary, he will do fine in a hard-working team. The way Man Utd plays is very depressing for a player like Mkhi. I have to be honest his form dropped considerably lately. That doest take away neither his abilities nor workrate. After first 5 games Jose was very happy with Mkhi. Praising him at every occasion and saying that finally they both started to understand each other. Fans forget thing like this super fast. Right after Pog got injured then Fellaini one game after things started to fall apart.
What I meant by mentioning Atletico was the fact that these sort of teams are not Madrid, Bayern, Barcelona or Man United. There is always less pressure to win everything

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
No one says that Mkhi isnt hardworking. On the contrary, he will do fine in a hard-working team. The way Man Utd plays is very depressing for a player like Mkhi. I have to be honest his form dropped considerably lately. That doest take away neither his abilities nor workrate. After first 5 games Jose was very happy with Mkhi. Praising him at every occasion and saying that finally they both started to understand eqch other. Fans forget thing like this super fast.

No one says that Mkhi isnt hardworking. On the contrary, he will do fine in a hard-working team. The way Man Utd plays is very depressing for a player like Mkhi. I have to be honest his form dropped considerably lately. That doest take away neither his abilities nor workrate. After first 5 games Jose was very happy with Mkhi. Praising him at every occasion and saying that finally they both started to understand each other. Fans forget thing like this super fast. Right after Pog got injured then Fellaini one game after things started to fall apart.
What I meant by mentioning Atletico was the fact that these sort of teams are not Madrid, Bayern, Barcelona or Man United. There is always less pressure to win everything
So you are basically saying he has a weak mentality to play for the biggest clubs where the pressure is always high?

That wouldnt explain some of his poor seasons at Dortmund though.

acnumber9

Why is every single post you make about Henrik Mkhitaryan? You're clearly not a Man Utd fan and simply just a Mkhitaryan fan.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Mkhitaryan looks like a very mature and intellegent guy, with the skillset he possesses for the life of me i really have trouble understanding why things aren't happening for him. Others have mentioned it before he gets easily knocked off the ball and makes mind boggling decisions when on the ball.

Some BVB fans mentioned it back in the day that because of his fragileness he won't make it under Mourinho. I think United's attacking 'system' doesn't suit Mkhitaryan at all nor does the aforementioned one.

The big question remains why Mourinho bought him in the first place, because the good and the bad was there to see.

Ekeke

When he was in form for us at the back end of last season he was able to dribble past players when it looked like he might lose the ball, showing good balance and not being knocked off the ball. The end product wasnt always there but that was partly to do with the finishing of our team.

This season he started well with more productivity and then had a big dip. He's still one of our most creative players but we don't see him going past players as much as he did previously. Seems like hes lost his confidence to do it as often as when it comes to dribbles, this is his statistically his lowest amount since 10/11 at Shakhter in the champions league.

People complaining about his passing, well in his best season at Dortmund he had a 75% pass completion and this season he has 83%. The difference is that with that 75% pass completion at Dortmund he managed 15 assists. And then theres the goals. In 2 seasons at Dortmund he had a decent goal return of 9 and 11 respectively. Last season he managed 6 and this season he has only 1.

So for me the two realistic areas where Miki needs to get back on form are gaining the confidence to beat players more often again and getting on the scoresheet. A goal or two will hopefully see him straight.

Donsangre

So you are basically saying he has a weak mentality to play for the biggest clubs where the pressure is always high?

That wouldnt explain some of his poor seasons at Dortmund though.
He is not weak mentally.Not everyone is meant to play in the biggest clubs. If he was mentally weak, he wouldve never recovered from difficulties during his career over the years and come back even stronger. It is very normal when a player is pushed aside to lose confidence. It is temporary. One or two goals and assists will bring his confidence right back. Lets see what happens.

Donsangre

Why is every single post you make about Henrik Mkhitaryan? You're clearly not a Man Utd fan and simply just a Mkhitaryan fan.
Did i miss something? Isnt this Mkhitaryans performance page? I do like the guy. Ive always have. However, Man united was my first football club and is still is numero uno.

Status
Not open for further replies.