ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

MDFC Manager

Thank you and good night. Hopefully it's not the last we've seen of Dhoni in ODIs as we don't have anything near as good as a replacement

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
So, Oz vs NZ final it is :)

The tournament as a whole has been really underwhelming, but at least the semis have had their interesting moments.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Indian team didnt want the hindutva nationalism to run rampant. For the greater good :wenger:

NinjaFletch

Thanks Sky.

Didn't want to watch that wicket anyway, was much happier seeing the adverts/

Sylar

rofl, that was funny. See, no stupid bowling, no stupid short balls. Just bowl it at the wickets and they will miss.

NZ vs Au will be a good final.

Sylar

Well played Australia. Brilliant and deserved to go to the final.

India did well to get to the semi final here, but a step too far. Shame their batting let them down.

Come on new Zealand :P

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Terrific performance from Australia. Very comfortable in the end.

The final I wanted to see, in my opinion the two best sides in the tournament. I think it will be difficult for New Zealand to win, but I hope they do it.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I expect Australia to win on Sunday, but pressure does funny things to people. New Zealand won't have the same pressure.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
7 on 7 performance by Australia in semi final! Great record. Deserve to be in final. A cracker in store. Fancy Australia for no. 5.

MDFC Manager

Indian team didnt want the hindutva nationalism to run rampant. For the greater good :wenger:
:lol:

Still a very good tournament for us given the circumstances. Especially the bowlers. The batsmen need to introspect as they've been pretty mediocre given their reputations.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
The Aus fans in here think Clarke should be dropped? Or the less changes going into the final, the better?
He'll be there. Bailey who would be next in line hasn't played in 6 weeks, and you wouldn't make Smith ODI captain for only the second time in his career in a World Cup Final.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
NZ need to bundle Australia out again if they need a chance.
Rohit's wicket was pretty much the end of the game today. He was at the precise stage where he goes for lift-off and he had the class to face and attack any of their bowlers. We all know what he does once he's settled.

kps88

:lol:

Still a very good tournament for us given the circumstances. Especially the bowlers. The batsmen need to introspect as they've been pretty mediocre given their reputations.
They did fine as a unit. Made 300+ each time batting first and chased whatever was asked of them. Unfair to expect much today when being asked to chase 330 in a semi final.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
They did fine as a unit. Made 300+ each time batting first and chased whatever was asked of them. Unfair to expect much today when being asked to chase 330 in a semi final.
I'll go with this.

We had a good tournament overall.

MDFC Manager

NZ need to bundle Australia out again if they need a chance.
Rohit's wicket was pretty much the end of the game today. He was at the precise stage where he goes for lift-off and he had the class to face and attack any of their bowlers. We all know what he does once he's settled.
Yeah, both him and Dhawan couldn't have chosen to get out at worst times.

Well what I meant was, even prior to today, none of the batting performances were convincing in a manner befitting their reputations. Add to that, none of them had consistent performances either. I do agree that they did their jobs and sure, chasing 330 tonight was extremely difficult. Bottom line is that the bowlers were punching above their weights, the batsmen were punching just below. This isn't whining by the way, as I'm very satisfied with how things went on the whole. Australia were the better team, just wish we faced them in the final instead

Moonred

Deserved win for the Aussies. The best two teams in the tournament will make for a cracking final. Hope NZ wins it now. As for India, have done well to come this far after a very average summer. The bowling was always concerning and until today did quite well. Disappointed with Kohli in this tournament, but that's more because of the expectation that he brings and will continue to bring in the future. Good on Dhoni. Wonderful career as a ODI captain and hope I get to see him play again. And Steve Smith is a special player.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Yeah, both him and Dhawan couldn't have chosen to get out at worst times.

Well what I meant was, even prior to today, none of the batting performances were convincing in a manner befitting their reputations. Add to that, none of them had consistent performances either. I do agree that they did their jobs and sure, chasing 330 tonight was extremely difficult. Bottom line is that the bowlers were punching above their weights, the batsmen were punching just below. This isn't whining by the way, as I'm very satisfied with how things went on the whole. Australia were the better team, just wish we faced them in the final instead
Agree with this. Kohli was kinda crap all tournament, as was Rohit, and Rahane, although Rahane has been up and down the order. Dhawan and Raina were the best of the lot, and neither felt consistent. I don't think our batting line up was tested, till today, which is why we failed.