g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
NZ have played all their games at home on small grounds with a friendly atmosphere.

Playing Australia at the MCG is an entirely different scenario.

I think it will be too much for them.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Good try India. Most of this team will be back for another. Let's go NZ! I think Aus will smash them though.
I'm very confident heading into Sundays game. Kiwis won the battle at Eden Park, but I feel AUS will end up winning the war.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
We'll be hearing about the underarm incident a lot heading into Sundays final I guess.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Just an example:

And just a few days back, sections on the media wanted the whole country to show pride.
Setting it up for Arnab's show I guess. They should invite that dopey joker Ravi Shastri there.

The Man Himself

Aaj Tak's coverage as well. Painting it as national tragedy with sad songs from 1970 bollywood films playing in background while dissecting team's performance. Embarrassing :houllier:

The Man Himself

What did Star Sports say in the post game after the match?
Didn't hear as I was in office and people left cafeteria in hordes after Dhoni's wicket so I left too thinking it is rude to still sit there :lol:

As long as Ravi Shastri didn't come up to talk shite, it should have been decent and sensible. I guess they must have praised Australia for performance and given credit to India for overall play this tournament. And some analysis of match in normal way. The stupidity and overreaction is being done by usual news media. Star Sports is quite sensible in it's coverage and won't overreact, particularly how well overall India played in the tournament.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

This is just stupid. How are these people allowed to run a news channel?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

This is just stupid. How are these people allowed to run a news channel?
Wtf?! :lol:

They did much better than most expected. Credit to them, but the 2 best sides are definitely in the final.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
One of the questions posed on the ticker was "should virat kohli apologise to the nation?". It's not surpring though. Timesnow is a joke of a news channel.

MDFC Manager

One of the questions posed on the ticker was "should virat kohli apologise to the nation?". It's not surpring though. Timesnow is a joke of a news channel.
Yeah another one said 'Did Virat play a distracted shot?'

Yeah right, a professional cricketer got distracted by images of his girlfriend sitting in the stands.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
All of the big news channels in South Asia are.
Not really. Ndtv is miles better than timesnow even if they aren't as good as they used to be. I don't watch much of headlines today but rajdeep sardesai is an actual person unlike that self obsessed, loud,crass psyhco that is arnab goswami.

kotha

Good thing I read this thread before switching on the news.. I think I'll avoid it for a couple of days.. Don't know why it is so difficult for some news channels, to accept that we just lost to a better team..

Edit: Apparently Dhoni's wife has delivered their daughter recently and he hasn't even seen her in person yet.. How is that for commitment..

Last edited:

zing

Zingle balls
We did well. 3rd or 4th best team in the tournament sounds about right. The bowling collectively performed much better than they have in the last few years but cannot expect India to do better than semis with the quality we have there -- unless it turns.

Do't think there's any chopping and changing required. Would be good to have a few better bowlers, but there's no one out there.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
God our media are such cnuts when it comes to matters like this.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Those angry team India fans broke CRT TVs? Who even uses those anymore? Looks like a fecking wreck from the scrapyard that was clicked to make news. :lol:

Anyway Aussies were better than us but we did well overall this tournament. Easily the third best team and that's not bad considering we were playing in Australia.

Congrats New Zealand, you just gained a billion supporters for the final.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Just saw a graphic of the different cricket grounds in terms of size. The MCG is only marginally larger than the Wellington stadium. The Wellington stadium more round whereas the MCG more oval in shape.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
We did well. 3rd or 4th best team in the tournament sounds about right. The bowling collectively performed much better than they have in the last few years but cannot expect India to do better than semis with the quality we have there -- unless it turns.

Do't think there's any chopping and changing required. Would be good to have a few better bowlers, but there's no one out there.
I think the top 4 sides are so close that it could have been a SA v India final. Any slagging off of India in the media is unjustified

The Man Himself

Good thing I read this thread before switching on the news.. I think I'll avoid it for a couple of days.. Don't know why it is so difficult for some news channels, to accept that we just lost to a better team..

Edit: Apparently Dhoni's wife has delivered their daughter recently and he hasn't even seen her in person yet.. How is that for commitment..
To quote from Batman.. Dhoni's the hero India deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight :)

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

How about congratulating a team who looked like they would struggle to get out of the group stage for making the top 4? How about being proud of outnumbering and out singing the Aussies on home ground while behaving impecably. Lots to be proud of.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Why exactly?
Watching one team dominate a sport is never fun, unless it's your own team. It's not good for the sport that a single team wins 5 of the 11 world cups it has had.

I have never liked the Australian cricket teams, respected them, but never liked them. Can't think of a single Australian player that I have liked through history, and I can name Pakistani and English players that I do. They are either too cocky or too cnuty. They always start behaving like assholes when losing.

Some of my finest moments as a cricket fan was when Ganguly started giving it to them and putting them in their place.

Those angry team India fans broke CRT TVs? Who even uses those anymore? Looks like a fecking wreck from the scrapyard that was clicked to make news. :lol:

Anyway Aussies were better than us but we did well overall this tournament. Easily the third best team and that's not bad considering we were playing in Australia.

Congrats New Zealand, you just gained a billion supporters for the final.
Exactly what it was. Kept replaying the same two clips on every fecking channel.

PS: @Dumbstar - You ain't keeping up with your end of the bargain. Have replied to the Skrtel posts but have carefully avoided posts I made on the Rodgers, Gerrard or Liverpool. Not cool, bhaijaan, not cool at all. :) Be a man and pay your debts.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Second tweet is crazy too. It's just a game of cricket FFS.
They are the kind of tv sets that you see on upper shelves of second hand shops which have been lying there for years. I bet some of these were hoping for a loss so they can get rid of that stuff by smashing them without looking like a lunatic.