ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
You can get away with it in 20 overs but not 50, that’s a lot of overs. Exactly the situation now, lose a few wickets even halfway through the innings and if the middle order aren’t offering anything it’s very difficult to build any momentum. Let’s see how they do today

Sylar

Can see India struggling in the semi final. They do rely on a big score from Rohit or Kohli

Cloud7

A recurring theme for us this WC has been an inability to get the other team’s best player out. Happened with Aus and Smith, NZ and Kane, and I can see it happening today with Kohli. He’s guaranteed to make a century here.

Varun

Staff
Yeah, ofcourse, get them both and very little chance we put up a strong score. Dhawan is a huge miss for us.
Made worse by our selection after it. Pant should be in the side instead of shankar and our 4-7 should be flexible based on the situation

Sanche7

Can see India struggling in the semi final. They do rely on a big score from Rohit or Kohli
Well tbf take out Kane Williamson from the NZ lineup or Waner & Finch from the Aus lineup and their batting will also look very average.
I think India had the perfect balance with Dhawan opening and Rahul at #4(he looked comfortable at that position), but Dhawan got injured and thus they had to move people around. I don't understand why they have Shankar in their team though, they have enough all-rounders, why not go for a pore batsman? Especially considering the lower middle order lacks any big hitters once Pandya gets out.

AJ10

2 useless players did nothing, I.am.shocked.

We have Pant/Jadeja but rather play these two clowns.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
If India get above 250, they should win, can't see the WI chasing that down.

AshRK

High time Shankar (and even Jadhav) is dropped. Pant has to have soem game time before the sf. Having said that I also feel people overrate Pant. He is another hit and miss batsmen.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
High time Shankar (and even Jadhav) is dropped. Pant has to have soem game time before the sf. Having said that I also feel people overrate Pant. He is another hit and miss batsmen.
Over rate? He just had a phenomenal series against Australia with the bat and didn't he become the first Indian keeper to score a hundred there?

Sanche7

A loss would do good for India IMO. Right now the reasoning behind the team selection seems to be if it aint broke dont fix it. There is nothing else that justifies the inclusion of Shankar in the squad. I can understand why Jadhav is in the squad as he can play as an anchor in the #4 position, taking singles and rotating strike while the big hitters attack on the other side. But Jadhav, who can’t hit big at #6 makes no sense. Promote Jadhav to #4 and bring in Pant at #6. By the looks of things, India’s biggest enemy this WC is going to be their team selection strategy

AshRK

Over rate? He just had a phenomenal series against Australia with the bat and didn't he become the first Indian keeper to score a hundred there?
Don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of Pant (Being a Delhi fan makes that even more) but he can be very inconsistent too. He can easily blast a 100 by no time and he can also easily play a reckless shot and give away his wicket. Anyways I will still prefer him to Shankar or Jadhav.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of Pant (Being a Delhi fan makes that even more) but he can be very inconsistent too. He can easily blast a 100 by no time and he can also easily play a reckless shot and give away his wicket. Anyways I will still prefer him to Shankar or Jadhav.
So far, all we've seen is that he's very consistent. And only 20 years old.

AshRK

A loss would do good for India IMO. Right now the reasoning behind the team selection seems to be if it aint broke dont fix it. There is nothing else that justifies the inclusion of Shankar in the squad. I can understand why Jadhav is in the squad as he can play as an anchor in the #4 position, taking singles and rotating strike while the big hitters attack on the other side. But Jadhav, who can’t hit big at #6 makes no sense. Promote Jadhav to #4 and bring in Pant at #6. By the looks of things, India’s biggest enemy this WC is going to be their team selection strategy
You are right but I don't think a loss would change much. The Afghan game should have been a wake up call in itself. Our batting is way too one dimensional but the selectors have been too thick to understand that. Pant should have been groomed and asked to make number 4 position his own but they were experimenting with Rayudu, Pandey, Shankar and Karthik and barring Karthik none of them have any hitting ability so this mess was going for long but even then the selectors did not feel the need to change anything. I think they will draft in Pant at the last minute and put extra pressure on him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Tactical move by Windies to not dismiss Dhoni there.