ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Picked Shankar but not Shaw whos clearly 1000 times more talented.
Christ stop putting in Shaw. He's not ready for international odi cricket. You and a few others were advocating dropping one of Dhawan Or rohit for him before the tournament started too.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
His 4 ODIs?
Yes. Unproven in this format. Innings building in ODIs is different to both tests and T20s. There is no resolution to this debate. We just fecked up the task of establishing middle order before the WC. Just look at Iyer's record. He has 2 50s in his 6-7 innings and then just got dropped from squad. Team will persist with Shankar for one more match at least since the other option is unproven too. Pant may get a chance against Lanka or Bangladesh given Kartik is not preferred....

MDFC Manager

His ODI record is nothing to write home about yet.
If he's good enough to be first choice to be the first choice for test matches (away to Australia no less), then imo he's good enough to be in the ODI squad at least. Same with Shaw to be honest.

AshRK

Yes. Unproven in this format. Innings building in ODIs is different to both tests and T20s. There is no resolution to this debate. We just fecked up the task of establishing middle order before the WC. Just look at Iyer's record. He has 2 50s in his 6-7 innings and then just got dropped from squad. Team will persist with Shankar for one more match at least since the other option is unproven too. Pant may get a chance against Lanka or Bangladesh given Kartik is not preferred....
Yeah I forgot Iyer. I thought he could have been given more chances but they were too loyal with Rayudu and then dropped him too. Shankar should not have gone to WC in the first place and to make matter worse they are playing him as a number 4 batter when he is more of lower order batsmen.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Christ stop putting in Shaw. He's not ready for international odi cricket. You and a few others were advocating dropping one of Dhawan Or rohit for him before the tournament started too.
Never said that. I said Rohit could be a possible solution at 4. And, of course, hes ready.

Di Maria's angel

He's barely had a run, though. In and out of the ODI team and his role has always been to just smash it. Also, similar to Shaw, if you can overcome the challenges in test cricket, ODIs should be easier.

stepic

he better hope Dhoni doesnt go on and get a big score

pretty hopeless at stumping, that guy.

hopefully he just puts it behind him and gets on with the game.

crappycraperson

Scout
Never said that. I said Rohit could be a possible solution at 4. And, of course, hes ready.
Just stop. There is no sense in moving out second best batsman away from his best position. He has multiple double hundreds as opener, would be heights of idiocy to remove him as an opener.

Di Maria's angel

Just stop. There is no sense in moving out second best batsman away from his best position. He has multiple double hundreds as opener, would be heights of idiocy to remove him as an opener.
Just stop what? Thats something I suggested weeks back and its not as if I'm a decision maker for team selection.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Still bonkers that Vijay Shankar got picked and then got these games having done absolutely nothing in the IPL and with zero international 50+ scores

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
he better hope Dhoni doesnt go on and get a big score

pretty hopeless at stumping, that guy.

hopefully he just puts it behind him and gets on with the game.
Hope for your sake you don't pursue a career within stand-up.

Di Maria's angel

He's not ready. One look at his IPL innings will tell you that.
Bloody hell. He was due to open in test matches in a tour of Australia. Possibly the hardest place to tour - if hes ready for that, hes ready for any other challenge. We just haven't planned well at all.

Him and Pant should have been 12th and 13th men not Shankar and Karthik.

AshRK

ANother pathetic innings by Dhoni. I understand you don't want to get out but rotate the freaking strike. I feel bar Kohli no one in this side is great at rotating the strikes. Too many dot balls.

Sylar

That happens cos Dhoni is not rotating the strike meaning Kohli has to go for them.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Really soft dismissal, lucky WI.

crappycraperson

Scout
Fair play to Holder. He has been very good today with his line and length. Got a wicket with shit ball though.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Kohli failing to convert a 50 into 100 4th time in a row.

These feckers are not helping him by starving him off strike.

Sylar

Big issue with Dhoni not taking singles like he used to. It wouldnt be much of an issue if he was smashing fours / sixes, but hes not.

crappycraperson

Scout
18 off 36. :mad: Not even running quick singles. I got false hope after that 100 against Bangla in warm ups that Dhoni might just turn it on, one last time before retiring.