ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

kps88

Excellent innings by Dhoni. Great way to answer all the criticism. Sure he could have gone quicker at the start, but we'd have been all out in 40 without him.

Sylar

Dhoni loves finishing an innings with a six eh?
Look at his strike rate now. :smirk:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Some poor bowling.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Completely brain dead bowling.

Sanche7

I really don’t think the big hitting in the last over justifies that innings. By refusing singles he just puts other batsmen under pressure. Dhoni’s biggest strength used to be his running between the wickets,but right now either he’s not fit enough or not bothered to do it. Also why wait till the very last over? He should have tried to keep strike and hit them the moment Pandya got out

JohnnyKills

I really don’t think the big hitting in the last over justifies that innings. By refusing singles he just puts other batsmen under pressure. Dhoni’s biggest strength used to be his running between the wickets,but right now either he’s not fit enough or not bothered to do it. Also why wait till the very last over? He should have tried to keep strike and hit them the moment Pandya got out
Agree. Plus if he gets out at any stage, the entire strategy is a disaster (as he showed in the last game).

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Dhoni is usually very smart about game management though , India have nothing after 7 so he has to be cautious. Interesting to see this lineup having to chase a biggish score

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
How far Dhoni has fallen that 56 off 61 is somehow silencing the critics
Definitely not silencing the critics but that was a valuable innings in the context of the match. Not an easy wicket to bat on but he stuck around, built a good partnership with Pandya and got the team to a defendable total

AshRK

Brilliant recovery. I still think we need to shake up our batting line up. Pant needs to be drafted in and Dhoni should not come at 4 down, too late for the type of innings he plays.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He hasn't silenced anything. He was batting with kohli and was around 18 off 35 with struggling to rotate the strike. When he leaves this late then it's always a gamble. It didn't happen against Afghanistan and it was an horrible innings.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
That last over though why is the guy bowling short so much , great Yorker on the 5th ball and then decides to go short again . Just completely brainless

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I believe the hysteria surrounding the world cup being shit after a couple of washouts has died down now? Been a series of excellent contests with a quality race for semi qualification on the cards and what people thought would be dead rubber games in the end are straight up deciders.

Been brilliant so far overall.
Not at all. A good few days due to upsets but it still feels like such a weirdly stitched tournament. The rain days still plague the tournament.

KM

I'd open with Pant and bat Rahul at four. Rahul despite the scores hasn't been impressive for me.Dhawan Rohit partnership works cos Dhawan provides the impetus giving Rohit the time.

kps88

He hasn't silenced anything. He was batting with kohli and was around 18 off 35 with struggling to rotate the strike. When he leaves this late then it's always a gamble. It didn't happen against Afghanistan and it was an horrible innings.
I'd rather he make a slow 30 than get out early in situations like these. Particularly when our middle and lower order aren't able to bat for long now that Rahul is opening. We'd have been bowled out without Dhoni today.

KM

I'd rather he make a slow 30 than get out early in situations like these. Particularly when our middle and lower order aren't able to bat for long now that Rahul is opening. We'd have been bowled out without Dhoni today.
Not necessarily. As I said he did the same against Afghanistan and it almost turned out to be a match losing innings.

JohnnyKills

100%

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Dhoni's super slow starts put his partners under immense pressure to score. Kohli for instance, in this game, would have taken us past 280 quite easily if Dhoni had not put pressure on him to deviate from his natural game. A few boundaries in the end doesn't make up for it.

I think he'll call it a day after the WC. He's too smart to not be aware of his own decline.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Dhoni's super slow starts put his partners under immense pressure to score. Kohli for instance, in this game, would have taken us past 280 quite easily if Dhoni had not put pressure on him to deviate from his natural game. A few boundaries in the end doesn't make up for it.

I think he'll call it a day after the WC. He's too smart to not be aware of his own decline.
He did better in IPL just recently to call this a decline. He's definitely not at this peak, but this seems to be a strategic decision and not due to his decline.

AshRK

Never thought I would say this about an Indian team that their bowling gives me more hope and confidence than their Batting.

Sylar

Never thought I would say this about an Indian team that their bowling gives me more hope and confidence than their Batting.
Crazy right? Especially when you have Kohli in the team, but theres a definite imbalance. Dhawan getting hurt wasnt good, and to think, hes only one player.

AshRK

Crazy right? Especially when you have Kohli in the team, but theres a definite imbalance. Dhawan getting hurt wasnt good, and to think, hes only one player.
Yes, dhawan's injury is a huge blow. I also think we have one of the weakest Middle orders. Having said that we have the most balanced bowling attack that it becomes impossible for the opponents to just take it lightly.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He did better in IPL just recently to call this a decline. He's definitely not at this peak, but this seems to be a strategic decision and not due to his decline.
It's a decline even if it's a strategic decision. He's lost so much confidence in his abilities that he won't take any risks at all even to rotate strike with the best batsman in the world?

JohnnyKills

West Indies getting themselves in a bit of a hole here. They're not going to be able to catch up against the leggies. Need to go now.

AshRK

West Indies getting themselves in a bit of a hole here. They're not going to be able to catch up against the leggies. Need to go now.
Good luck trying to hit Bumrah and Shami. They may go for some runs but then you will get out. Not that easy.