ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

MJJ

Their middle order isn't great and their fifth bowler is maxwell. I think kiwis will take this
True, kane needs to bat till the end and not let the run rate get away from it.

If it gets to 7 ish with starc having his overs left, they aren't winning it.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
True, kane needs to bat till the end and not let the run rate get away from it.

If it gets to 7 ish with starc having his overs left, they aren't winning it.
Starc is like a train isn't he?
You know he's going to bowl a full ball but you can't do anything to save yourself. It's incredible.

zing

Zingle balls
:lol: All Australia needed was a strike bowler to take pressure of cummins and starc, they are winning this again.
Said this earlier in the thread - their problem was the middle overs being carted around with NCN. Behrendorff allows Cummins to bowl in the middle and Cummins is class.

Disturbing Behrendorff's new ball spell is key - it compounds the middle order issue because Behrendorff doesnt have the pace once the ball is a bit old. Can't let him bowl 6 first up if you want a tactical advantage against Aus

It allows Starc a breather as well with 3 bowlers bowling the new ball - he did this last match too which I think is very clever.

Leaves a lot of Starc overs for death.

MJJ

Starc is like a train isn't he?
You know he's going to bowl a full ball but you can't do anything to save yourself. It's incredible.
Yup, they showed a stat where half his bowls or something where full and he doesn't even go for off cutters or slow bowls. Just relentless.

Amazing bowler. Dont think anyone touches his level in ODIs although I haven't seem much of bumrah outside of the WC who is supposed to very good too.

KM

Oh he was unlucky, the ball grazed Carey's pads.

rotherham_red

Everyone who's saying Gulbadin fixed it obviously haven't seen much of Afghanistan. This is the same guy who wasted a review in each innings of a match during this tournament. One where he was batting and it was plumb, and the other when he was bowling and was never out.

The fact he's an average trundler with the ball and barely average with the bat yet still opens both innings and almost always bowls the final over, should tell you all that you need to know about him.

What happened today is not fixing; it's what happens with barely average talent meets excessive ego.

KM

This pitch is extremely slow. NZ going for 2.7 an over.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Everyone who's saying Gulbadin fixed it obviously haven't seen much of Afghanistan. This is the same guy who wasted a review in each innings of a match during this tournament. One where he was batting and it was plumb, and the other when he was bowling and was never out.

The fact he's an average trundler with the ball and barely average with the bat yet still opens both innings and almost always bowls the final over, should tell you all that you need to know about him.

What happened today is not fixing; it's what happens with barely average talent meets excessive ego.
Why was Asghar Afghan sacked as captain? He’s much better than this moron.

zing

Zingle balls
Behrendorff seems like a bowler who'd do well in England.

Cloud7

New Zealand are fecking brutal to watch aren’t they? Don’t get me wrong, they’re a very good team, but very rarely do they entertain.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
New Zealand are fecking brutal to watch aren’t they? Don’t get me wrong, they’re a very good team, but very rarely do they entertain.
Team lead by Brendon M was an entertaining one. Right now their big hitters up top are flopping - Guptil and Munro. But in general they have always been a very clinical team, somewhat lacking in flair.

Moby

Dick
I know we are a brilliant fielding unit and incredibly athletic in our own right but Aussies in the fields especially when taking catches are just incredible to watch. Especially whenever they have to take a tough one in the deep they make it look so easy and you never doubt anyone ever not taking it absolutely cleanly let alone dropping one. While we have opted for the lean diet and fitness model making us incredibly agile, Aussie fielding unit always has been monstrous with those massive frames being so swift and smooth across the fields. Great to watch.

Cloud7

While we have opted for the lean diet and fitness model making us incredibly agile, Aussie fielding unit always has been monstrous with those massive frames being so swift and smooth across the fields.
This reads like a piece of RAWK fan fiction :p

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
New Zealand are kinda crap in their own right. They're lucky they played all the garbage teams at the beginning. Think England will beat them.

zing

Zingle balls
Funny how they are the team to beat and the team that has already beaten them quite comfortably and still hasn't lost a game isn't actually the team to beat.
They brought Behrendorff in after that match and seem to have improved a lot. I think their batting doesn't have holes the way ours does, especially with Dhawan out.

See above - silly of you to laugh. Do teams not improve over a tournament, especially one as lengthy as this?

zing

Zingle balls
NZ vs England is potentially a 3rd/4th place match for both teams now.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
They brought Behrendorff in after that match and seem to have improved a lot. I think their batting doesn't have holes the way ours does, especially with Dhawan out.
Don't think their middle order has been that much better than ours. Maxwell been in horrible form and Stoinis has not done better than Jadhav or Shankar either. Pandya > Carrey. Bowling wise, I still prefer our attack due to spinners giving us more options. Behrendorff can easily turn into a liability on a flat wicket too (see match against SRL). I think their main advantage is that their tail is better.