ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Cloud7

New Zealand are kinda crap in their own right. They're lucky they played all the garbage teams at the beginning. Think England will beat them.
They’ve been far from convincing. Could very easily have lost to SA. Very much should have lost to us if Braithwaite had a brain, and we didn’t see how they would have done against India.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
They’ve been far from convincing. Could very easily have lost to SA. Very much should have lost to us if Braithwaite had a brain, and we didn’t see how they would have done against India.
Man your hate for Braithwaite is amazing :lol:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
NZ got super lucky with that washout against India or they would have been in similar position as England now. Pak and Bangladesh got unlucky with their washouts.

Cloud7

I struggle to think of many better ODI bowlers I’ve seen in my life than Starc.

crappycraperson

Scout
Who would have thought that Afghan-Pak game would be more of a cracker than Oz-NZ. Would love to play NZ in semis.

Cloud7

Man your hate for Braithwaite is amazing :lol:
Come on mate. Six runs off ten balls. Why would you go for a six in that situation, knowing you’re the last wicket. That’s the definition of brainless :lol:

Moby

Dick
I think their batting doesn't have holes
They made 243 runs today with their openers both failing. Maxwell is averaging 23 while Stoinis is averaging 16 in this tournament, they are their no. 4 and 5. Their openers average less than Rohit and Kohli - Warner 73, Finch 63 vs Rohit 84, Kohli 63. Somehow getting Rohit and Kohli out exposes our batting - when the latter has scored 4 50s in 5 innings being the most difficult one to get out early whereas getting Warner and Finch out won't be bad for their middle order especially given the fact that we have Chahal and Kuldeep bowling in middle overs for us compared to the likes of Zampa/Lyon.

Fair to say it's nowhere given that we will win if we face them in the final and it will take a solid effort to beat them but they are hardly faultless and easily have issues themselves which funnily we are the best placed to exploit. Everything isn't based on last couple of games especially when we already have a h2h to refer.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
NZ got super lucky with that washout against India or they would have been in similar position as England now. Pak and Bangladesh got unlucky with their washouts.
Nah if they lost to India, they only would have lost to them and Australia beating everyone else. Even if they then lost to England they probably would have still got a semi spot.

England’s problem was losing to Sri Lanka and Pakistan rather than Australia.

KM

Come on mate. Six runs off ten balls. Why would you go for a six in that situation, knowing you’re the last wicket. That’s the definition of brainless :lol:
Well he did kinda single handedly put them in that situation too after rest of your batting failed.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Quite a few rubbish players at this world cup but I think Latham is the one that tops them all. Absolute dogshite player in this format.

crappycraperson

Scout
Nah if they lost to India, they only would have lost to them and Australia beating everyone else. Even if they then lost to England they probably would have still got a semi spot.

England’s problem was losing to Sri Lanka and Pakistan rather than Australia.
They already lost to Pakistan, without that point against India they would be at 10 points now.

crappycraperson

Scout
What do these two results mean to the semifinals? Can NZ get into the 4th place scrap? Or can both the 3rd and 4th place be up for grabs?
Their RR is too good right now they can lose this by a big margin to reduce that advantage. Pak's RR is shit though so only Bangla realistically can overtake them on RR if it comes to that.

crappycraperson

Scout
Agree with commentator, very good for OZ to already play two matches at Lords. India is not going to play any round robin game here...

Sanche7

NZ lucky that the game against India got washed out, otherwise they would be struggling to stay in the tournament
Aus and India the best teams so far, can see an Aus India final

Cloud7

NZ lucky that the game against India got washed out, otherwise they would be struggling to stay in the tournament
Aus and India the best teams so far, can see an Aus India final
With Aus-England and India-Pakistan as the semis :drool:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If England smash New Zealand after beating India.. could New Zealand finish 5th?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Aussies looking like they’re the team to beat. Very good performance

crappycraperson

Scout
If England smash New Zealand after beating India.. could New Zealand finish 5th?
Theoretically yes but Pak needed to defeat Afghanistan big today or will now need to beat Bangladesh big. Bangla's RR is actually not too bad so they have more of a chance to overate NZ on RR.

AJ10

NZ played crap teams at the start, India match got rained off, Lost to Pakistan and If windies had a brain that should have been another loss.

They really aren't as good as the table suggests.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Theoretically yes but Pak needed to defeat Afghanistan big today or will now need to beat Bangladesh big. Bangla's RR is actually not too bad so they have more of a chance to overate NZ on RR.
Pakistan really missed a chance today.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
They brought Behrendorff in after that match and seem to have improved a lot. I think their batting doesn't have holes the way ours does, especially with Dhawan out.

See above - silly of you to laugh. Do teams not improve over a tournament, especially one as lengthy as this?
Improved? Won 3 from their first 4. People are acting like they were poor at the start. They've looked solid since the start of the tournament and their only loss was against the "team to beat".

KM

What's the record for having the highest number of wickets in single tournament? Starc has 24 right now, I think which is fecking insane.

Skills

Snitch
What's the record for having the highest number of wickets in single tournament? Starc has 24 right now, I think which is fecking insane.
I'm pretty sure McGrath set the record in 2007. Not sure how many he got

Edit : I was right. McGrath has the record with 26 in 11 matches in 2007. Starc has 24 in 8 matches.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_series.html?id=12;type=trophy

Starc averages 12 runs per wicket in world cups, being the top wicket taker in 2015 (Player of the Tournament) with 22 in 8 matches.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
:lol: I know but we really could do with an easy win for NRR purposes and to stop me from having a cardiac arrest.
If you run the numbers, Pakistan couldnt improve their run rate significantly (for it to be better than the kiwis) unless they heavily, heavily beat both bangla and afgh while kiwis also suffer heavy defeats. An extremely unlikely scenario and wouldnt be worth it.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Will be India or Aus to win this tournament.

Incredible considering the state of the Aus team only 3-6 months ago. Suppose Warner & Smith’s return has helped. Starc & Cummins being fit as well.

MDFC Manager

That over from Gulbadin was so needless in the game at that time, spin was getting it done

Can’t see England progressing now, fully expect us to lose today and more than likely against NZ as well

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That over from Gulbadin was so needless in the game at that time, spin was getting it done

Can’t see England progressing now, fully expect us to lose today and more than likely against NZ as well
I couldn't understand that either.......I can't remember him bowling well all tournament. You knew they would lose as soon as he took he ball for that final over.