ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

AJ10

It’s a good surface with the weather but the way you were saying it, there is nothing for the bowlers in the pitch when there clearly is.
Just because its a 300 wicket doesn't mean bowlers get nothing, its more of batsman pitch than bowlers.

Run giver giving runs :rolleyes:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
What’s pathetic about it? They didn’t think it was out so they didn’t review.
The way Hardik appealed he looked quite confident, furthermore India desperately need a wicket it’s worth reviewing even if it’s 50/50

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
The one day I start supporting India and your boys start playing rubbish.

60-0 cmon! We need some wickets.
It looks a very easy wicket, actually. Might slow down over time but with the short boundary theres not a whole lot we could have done better. Thought we bowled well.

prateik

This easily looks like a 300+ wicket.

And we might lose this, but I dont think 270+ is a difficult chase. Not even 300..

There will be the added pressure of chasing.. but we are pretty safe, so not sure how much that pressure of the 300+ total will actually affect the batsmen..

The pitch should be fine to score on even in the second innings.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very good start from England. Wicket looks to be a great one for batting. Should make 300+

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Roy being back is not good news for the rest of the teams, vince was the perfect opener for them :(
I can’t tell you how much better it is waking up and not seeing fecking Vince’s name on the team sheet :lol:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This easily looks like a 300+ wicket.

And we might lose this, but I dont think 270+ is a difficult chase. Not even 300..

There will be the added pressure of chasing.. but we are pretty safe, so not sure how much that pressure of the 300+ total will actually affect the batsmen..

The pitch should be fine to score on even in the second innings.
You’re looking at chasing 350 here

AJ10

Yesterday English fans must have been pissed with Afghanistan and now Pakistan fans must be cursing india so far.

IMO Most used line from them ....... India are doing this on purpose. :lol:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Brilliant batting from England, pummelling the best attack in the tournament isn’t easy.

Sanche7

Can't see England scoring anything below 320-350 going by the start. They have been lucky though. As I said,they will target Pandya

prateik

You’re looking at chasing 350 here
Likely.. England have started very well and are probably favorites at this stage..

My post was about the posts in the previous page saying 270+ would be difficult to chase on this pitch.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Likely.. England have started very well and are probably favorites at this stage..

My post was about the posts in the previous page saying 270+ would be difficult to chase on this pitch.
Yeah, but 270 is a sub par score on this pitch.

prateik

Even if India can put the choke on and restrict England to another 100 off the next 25, England would still be set for 300+ if they dont lose wickets.. they have some big hitters to come.

The way they are going, there seems to be no signs of slowing down.. It'll be closer to 400 than 300.

kps88

Easily a 330 plus game with this pitch and the short boundary.

prateik

There goes top spot.. and we'll probably play England again in the semis.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Honestly, all England need is three more flat wickets and they can win this world cup. They're the best when conditions are super easy. They'll be regretting not having flat conditions in the last few matches.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
There is nothing in this pitch. The ball doesn't stop, not much in terms of swing, the turn is predictable. Even if you bowl the right length, power hitters will clear the short boundaries.

England won the game with the toss, just like the Test series when India toured.

prateik

Imagine the fireworks if Rohit and Pant are on form. Dont care about the result.. bring out the fireworks.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The pitch is the pitch, I'm just glad to see our openers sticking in to take advantage. Between Bairstow's ducks and James Vince we've flattered to deceive at the top in this tournament, so I'm happy to see us blasting along.