ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

PoTMS

How do reserve days work? If India start their innings tomorrow morning, what a great toss it was to lose.

prateik

Oh. just realized 3 overs for Bumrah and Bhuvi.. forget 250.. 230 is more likely

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
But youre saying its a washout for today and we resume tomorrow right?
Yes, only in case of washout. If rain stops for even a while and they reduce the match to less than 50 overs then that will stick for tomorrow too.

Sanche7

Chahal has been disappointing, although he got KW, an economy of 6.3 on this pitch is very poor

ChrisNelson

I'm sure NZ will reach a good score by the close of play on day one :). Sarcasm aside I'm not watching it but obviously the score seems low looking at the scorecard, unless I'm missing something? India are far too good of a chasing side to let this one slip.

Interval

Level
Would rather this rains out today. Would rather have both teams completing 50 tomorrow than some rain curtailed 20 over joke of a chase

PoTMS

RESERVE DAY MATCH RULES

If any of the two semi-finals or the final don't finish on the scheduled day, play will resume from the same position (score) on the following day. So it will be a continuation, not a restart. If no play was possible on the scheduled match day, then a full 50 over a side match will start on the reserve day, if the weather permits.

Wherever possible, the effort will be to make sure that the match is completed on the same day. For this, the match could be reduced to 20 overs a side or extending the match by upto 2 hours.