Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bringbackbebe

Today was much better, great to see.
I didn't see it that way. He made several poor decisions, gave the ball away cheaply and slowed down the game in the final third while countering. He was terrified to take on defenders who had no trouble dealing with him. Antony has had some questionable games in the past but has in general been reliable. I truly don't see anything in Sancho to suggest he's going to make it in the premier league. He may have improved over his previous games but those terrible performances of his in the past aren't really any benchmark to judge a player.

Sgreddevil

His biggest issue is definitely decision making in the final third. Frustrated to keep seeing him got stuck at the corner of the field because he did not know what to do with it. Complete opposite from Antony tends to make up his mind his next step quite early although not all are perfect choices. However it us still better than dilly dallying with the ball and ended up losing possesion when got crowded out eventually.
This was an issue which we noted happened with Rashford when he was still relatively inexperienced. He has already overcome this problem. I'm surprised that Sancho who has good amount of first team experiences in top leagues having this decision making problem at this stage of his career. Hope ETH can help him overcome it as Sancho obviously has the technical skills for a PL level player.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

He is such a frustrating player. Probably the best footballer we got when it comes to ball control but his end product is not enough. He was better yesterday and I really hope he builds on that until the end of the season. I still hope he will come good.

Meep

Thought he was better last game. As some has written, he holds on to the ball (the longer passes) to often missing the run of another player unless it's some short passing back and forth where he thrives. Feels he need to work on this part to spot the runs before he gets the ball.. Maybe it is in his head. He want to make perfection instead of making the easy passes and overworks it. Still a step forward all in all.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He’s one of the main reasons I will never overrate technical ability - there’s so much more needed to be a top quality footballer - strength, aggression, power, pace, footballing awareness, mental ability, positioning, vision, timing, physique, anticipation etc

Keanes Magic Hat

When we have Rashford Martial and Antony fit he won't start but I still have hope he will come good. I guess good depends on everyone's individual expectations of what is required but there is definitely so much more there. Hopefully if he can get some goals and assists we will see a more confident aggressive player. Time is definitely ticking though

MiceOnMeth

Still can't believe how much we pay him :lol: he was always a huge risk coming from the bundesliga and we of all clubs should know that by now (Kagawa, Mhki)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Still can't believe how much we pay him :lol: he was always a huge risk coming from the bundesliga and we of all clubs should know that by now (Kagawa, Mhki)
73m is not that much for a young English talent who could play in multiple roles and had off the charts stats. The mistake made was to ignore his behavioural issues (ex coming late to training) and to give him a ridiculous salary at such a young age and without having proven himself with United first.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Utterly pointless player unfortunately. He'll probably excel somewhere else but it's not going to be here.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Everything about him would usually give me cause for optimism. Tricky player, still very young, shown glimpses, etc.. But even I'm struggling to see it. He is just so meek.

Dorris

Needs to get angry. If he had that nasty streak he’d be a top player, I just don’t know if he’s got it in him. If Dortmund tempted us with some of the Bellingham money this summer I think we should probably take it.

Mainoldo

He’s one of the main reasons I will never overrate technical ability - there’s so much more needed to be a top quality footballer - strength, aggression, power, pace, footballing awareness, mental ability, positioning, vision, timing, physique, anticipation etc
Look at Fergie’s teams. Not 1 step over until we brought in CR7. Football is more than just looking pretty.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
At the moment, I think the bar is so low for him, that if he doesn't do something catastrophically bad, he's seen to have had a good game. I've fallen into that trap with him. He didn't do anything awful, ergo, he had a good game. When in fact, he was just incredibly meek again, IMO. Again, far from his worst performance, but absolutely nowhere near we he should be.

luckypepper

Thought he was better last game. As some has written, he holds on to the ball (the longer passes) to often missing the run of another player unless it's some short passing back and forth where he thrives. Feels he need to work on this part to spot the runs before he gets the ball.. Maybe it is in his head. He want to make perfection instead of making the easy passes and overworks it. Still a step forward all in all.
Was thinking the same while watching the game. He seems to be a player lacking confidence but liked that he cut inside with conviction in the second half even though the shot was off. As pointed out several times, have come to realise he isn’t going to run past players but can create some space with neat touches/ off the ball movement (similar to how Grealish has been performing off late). Would def like to see what he does in the next few games (being more decisive which comes with confidence) against stronger oppositions.

Jeffthered

This player needs to make some decisons about himself.. otherwise he may become another Adam Lallana, Wiltshire, Dele Ali... great, talented young players who simply couldn't sustain, or make that step up.

Sancho is playing Div One quality football at the moment, and he is lucky to have such a good coach right now. I do not see what he brings to the team, at all. He seems quite uncertain about his own game... as I have previously asked, what type of player is he? I watched him yesterday and he seems so hesitant about his own game. Antony also has this problem, although he seems (just...) seems to be working on this. They both have to.. people have seen through the hype, transfer fees, International Caps. Sancho has to step up and get us through the last couple of months of the season... he is good enough to do that.

You know what I would do? I would play him No 9 (if Martial injures himself for example..). Sancho may not like it, but that role means that he has to play more instinctively, and benefit the team.. become more direct... look at Rashford, Garnacho, Bruno, Ericksen, Martinez, Casimero.. all very, very clear about their games.

Sancho needs to define his game. He'll get left behind if he doesn't.

Last edited:

Stacks

73m is not that much for a young English talent who could play in multiple roles and had off the charts stats. The mistake made was to ignore his behavioural issues (ex coming late to training) and to give him a ridiculous salary at such a young age and without having proven himself with United first.
I agree. The fee was justified. Actually thought it might be a bargain

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I just cant believe its the same 20 goal, 20 assist in a season player Dortmund had.

Physically he looks soft. He seems slow off the mark like running is a proper struggle for him. And when he has the ball he's so indecisive.

I'm truly baffled as I dont think its a case of him being overrated at Dortmund.

Stacks

I just cant believe its the same 20 goal, 20 assist in a season player Dortmund had.

Physically he looks soft. He seems slow off the mark like running is a proper struggle for him. And when he has the ball he's so indecisive.

I'm truly baffled as I dont think its a case of him being overrated at Dortmund.
every now and again I look back to this think where this player has gone?

Telsim

every now and again I look back to this think where this player has gone?
Absolutely nothing in common with what we got. Then again, wouldn't be the first player made to look much better than he is by Bundesliga defenders.

Revan

Assumptionman
I have yet to see anything from him that convinces me that he will ever make it here. One of the least threatening wingers in the league. He is essentially another version of Kagawa.

Stacks

Absolutely nothing in common with what we got. Then again, wouldn't be the first player made to look much better than he is by Bundesliga defenders.
I try to not bring myself to the conclusion that the defence is simply that bad over there but I don't study it too closely so can't say for certain

Red00012

He was better but this stopping and turning back after carrying the ball annoys the feck out of me

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
He was better but this stopping and turning back after carrying the ball annoys the feck out of me
It because he just can't get away from the right back, he's way to slow. If Rashford is back for Thursday maybe Sancho can be an alternative at 10 with Bruno and maybe Sabitzer out.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I agree. The fee was justified. Actually thought it might be a bargain
That salary makes no sense irrespective how Sancho (or any player in his early 20s) performs. I mean let's consider the three main possible scenarios

a- He does extremely well. If that happened then once its time for his contract renewal then he'd be expecting a serious salary increase. All other players will be on the look out for that as their salary demand will reflect on what we give to the highest earners. If let's say we give an all firing Sancho 600k then someone like Martinez whose doing very well but maybe not at that level will expect at least 300k. That's what I like to call the Messi effect and the reason why Barca is in such financial mess

b- He does enough to achieve expectations but not enough to be considered WC. In that case he'd be asking to at least retain his salary. Again players will gauge their salary on the top earners which means that those who are doing better will want more then 350k (ex Rashy) while those who are at Sancho's level will be asking similar salaries

c- He tanks badly. Then it makes it impossible for United to sell him on that silly salary. Considering that no other club will match that salary it will be within Sancho's interest to stay with United till the end of his contract and then walk on a free possibly with a salary/bonus close to what he had (due to him being a free agent)

20 year old something players will negotiate their contract 2-3 other times in their career. That's because a 5 year contract will need to be negotiated 1-2 years before its expires which means that a 20 year old will probably come at the negotiation table at 23-24, then at 28-29 and again once he's 32 (the last contracts are often shorter). That explains why the best young talents in the world (ex Gavi at 100-130k euros, Osimhen (104k euros), Camavigna (130k euros), Vinícius Júnior (£186k)) aren't paid anywhere near to Sancho.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It because he just can't get away from the right back, he's way to slow. If Rashford is back for Thursday maybe Sancho can be an alternative at 10 with Bruno and maybe Sabitzer out.
That's a good shout. Rashford / Sancho / Antony behind Martial and in front of Eriksen and Casemiro. Only worry is that we really have noone on the bench from attacking players (I don't count Wout as an attacker).

But we also don't have many midfielders. We could start Casemiro with Fred and Eriksen with a bit more freedom to attack, and keep Sancho as backup on the bench.

Skills

Snitch
Really annoyed with him yday. That cross from Bruno he needed to attack it and get a shot on target in the first half.

Stacks

That salary makes no sense irrespective how Sancho (or any player in his early 20s) performs. I mean let's consider the three main possible scenarios

a- He does extremely well. If that happened then once its time for his contract renewal then he'd be expecting a serious salary increase. All other players will be on the look out for that as their salary demand will reflect on what we give to the highest earners. If let's say we give an all firing Sancho 600k then someone like Martinez whose doing very well but maybe not at that level will expect at least 300k. That's what I like to call the Messi effect and the reason why Barca is in such financial mess

b- He does enough to achieve expectations but not enough to be considered WC. In that case he'd be asking to at least retain his salary. Again players will gauge their salary on the top earners which means that those who are doing better will want more then 350k (ex Rashy) while those who are at Sancho's level will be asking similar salaries

c- He tanks badly. Then it makes it impossible for United to sell him on that silly salary. Considering that no other club will match that salary it will be within Sancho's interest to stay with United till the end of his contract and then walk on a free possibly with a salary/bonus close to what he had (due to him being a free agent)

20 year old something players will negotiate their contract 2-3 other times in their career. That's because a 5 year contract will need to be negotiated 1-2 years before its expires which means that a 20 year old will probably come at the negotiation table at 23-24, then at 28-29 and again once he's 32 (the last contracts are often shorter). That explains why the best young talents in the world (ex Gavi at 100-130k euros, Osimhen (104k euros), Camavigna (130k euros), Vinícius Júnior (£186k)) aren't paid anywhere near to Sancho.
I meant the price we paid. The Salary is O.T.T.

fezzerUTD

If he could just get stuck in, like Anthony, or show some passion, like Dalot..

But he doesn't.

He's a luxury player that lacks desire and I just don't see Ten Hag putting up with this for long - especially on £350k per week.

Loan him out to a Championship team and let him get kicked for a season to toughen him up.

One thing I did notice however was that he rarely gets the return ball - I think sometimes he looks indecisive because he's trying to setup a play, but if he doesn't get the return ball, it never looks like it paid off. I do think that if he now gets a run with Martial, Eriksen and Bruno in the team, we might see an improvement but I'm not holding my breathe.

Overall he looks like a lost little boy and that's a massive shame. Today was a great opportunity to step up and he failed to do so.
Cuckoo cuckoo.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He must be sold. Especially as we need to raise funds and cut wages. That said, I can’t see any viable options for him. Except maybe Newcastle, or maybe even Villa. I hope his reported salary is heavily incentivised otherwise he will be impossible to shift. If his basic wages are more reasonable, then I’d take anything above £40m for him. Garnacho will erase any impact his loss could possibly have on us.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
If he had got both 1st minute goals vs Sevilla and Notts, his conficence levels would surely have risen.

He seems to 2nd guess himself rather than take the risks. Still, overall thought he played better than his average game. Not to a level I would expect from his transfe fee or wage, but little improvements are happening.

Woziak

He must be sold. Especially as we need to raise funds and cut wages. That said, I can’t see any viable options for him. Except maybe Newcastle, or maybe even Villa. I hope his reported salary is heavily incentivised otherwise he will be impossible to shift. If his basic wages are more reasonable, then I’d take anything above £40m for him. Garnacho will erase any impact his loss could possibly have on us.
He won’t be sold next season, Homegrown , and his salary is ridiculous no one will buy him on £300-350k per week, so we have to develop the player, wasn’t there a report last year that one of his closest friends died and he clearly suffered with depression which is why ETH tried to get him out of the uK to rebuild his mental and physical fitness.

He can still be important for us to the end of the season, he has never been super quick, but he’s a playmaker winger, when you have Eriksen and Bruno, he’s always going to get overshadowed but I think he’ll come good as a a squad option, not a definite starter, the question is who gave him the basic wage and 5+1 contract that’s he’s on ?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I thought he did ok but obviously still needs to do more. What I'm looking at from him though is his movement, energy, taking on his man, all the signs of confidence, effort and willing. He's never lacked talent and he's obviously been fragile so for me it was positive steps again yesterday, albeit still not the level he and we will hope he can achieve. We dominated possession with him, Antony and Eriksen and he made some good runs, tracked back, took his man on from time to time. Little steps, keep going Jadon, pleased with the progress.

RuudTom83

I'd give him a decent run of full 90 min games now, its the perfect time with Rashford/Garnacho out injured.

He has 5 goals and 2 assists which isn't great but its not useless (considering he had some sort of mental breakdown mid-season)

Stacks

He won’t be sold next season, Homegrown , and his salary is ridiculous no one will buy him on £300-350k per week, so we have to develop the player, wasn’t there a report last year that one of his closest friends died and he clearly suffered with depression which is why ETH tried to get him out of the uK to rebuild his mental and physical fitness.

He can still be important for us to the end of the season, he has never been super quick, but he’s a playmaker winger, when you have Eriksen and Bruno, he’s always going to get overshadowed but I think he’ll come good as a a squad option, not a definite starter, the question is who gave him the basic wage and 5+1 contract that’s he’s on ?
I think his auntie passed middle of last season. I would be very upset if one of my fav auntie's passed so I get it. That said we cannot afford to wait 3 years for him to get over this (not to be heartless). Ronaldo lost his daughter and his performances were still assessed based on contribution and if not contributing he was sold to Saudi Arabia. For me Jadon wasn't very good from the moment he arrived here

Status
Not open for further replies.