View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He is beter than Falcao because he had his first good game this year were he wasnt totaly invisible and scored his first goal in the entire season. Makes sense.
Yep Akash has obviously got no time for Falcao and is talking drivel to be fair :)

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He is beter than Falcao because he had his first good game this year were he wasnt totaly invisible and scored his first goal in the entire season. Makes sense.
Unlike Falcao, he has a very legitimate excuse of a)Not playing as much and quite often when we were seeing games out and b )Having zero chances to work with. In fact this was first chance he's had this season not created by himself.

It happens and if he keeps getting these chances and hopefully more watch this guy go. He looks much better than RVP this season for me.
It's not the first time this has happened. If you want to keep your hand in the sand feel free.

Mister Ed

Was really impressive in his cameo. Him and Falcao looked to combine quite well together a few times, as well.

It makes such a difference having a striker with pace who can stretch the pitch - which presumably was what LVG was trying by playing Di Maria there. The key problem being that Di Maria looks completely lost there and is so much more effective when attacking players from midfield.
Di Maria doesnt work as a striker simple as that.

If you want to play 2 strikers you need one with pace, he had Robben in the dutch squad to make his gameplan work if he plays two slow strikers like Falcao and Van Persie upfront together it will never work.

The thing is I tought Wilson linked up with falcao far beter than he ever linked up with Van Persie so I'd really like to see those two playing for the next couple of games.

-----------DDG-------------
----Jones-------Rojo-----
Valencia--Carrick----Blind
-----Fellaini--Rooney-----
---------Di Maria-----
----Wilson-----Falcao----

For the next couple of games for me

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I really like his confidence. Others might have laid it off to the more established player instead of taking on the shot like he did. Glad he scored from the rebound as it means he won't get criticized like he did after his chance against Stoke, which I thought was unfair.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His composure when on goal, skill, and good burst of pace, he has shown glimpses of them. Combined with his height and good body frame, I can see we have a gem in hand. But then, I was so ecstatic about Welbeck potential, too.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Unlucky not to get a couple of assists. He was absolutely right in those positions to cross unlike the one he got stick for. Took his goal like someone who was full of confidence but we need to get him facing the defender more often because he knows how to score goals

Silverman

Can this guy kick on and become our main man? Van Persie, Rooney and Falcao are getting on and can't see any of them being here in 5 years or so.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Another Premier League experienced gained by not even being loaned.

Goals like this one may unlock the potential, further.

ottosec

His best game this season. Delighted for him, I hope he gets more chances, maybe even a start in the Cup.

Kakeru

I was really happy to see him going in with a lot more purpose today and scoring that goal. I hope things will kick off from there for him.

Boycott

Hopefully he builds on from this. He has a good instinct already for his age and speed which can help get at defenders. He's been unfortunate that many of his appearances have come at the end of games when the tempo has dropped, or when we're hanging on so he can't really play with freedom. Or he's been on the wing. But he has natural ability in front of goal. I like how he went for the shot twice himself rather than letting it fizzle out, or passing to Falcao or Di Maria.

NoPace

He did a bunch of positive things and showed great composure and pretty good pace, but did anyone else feel like he walked around when we were in possession? He doesn't need to be constantly coming to the ball, but there were times he could have made a run in behind and just didn't. Looked like Balotelli has at Liverpool.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wouldn't mind a front three of him, Rooney and Januzaj against Oxford.

datura

He did a bunch of positive things and showed great composure and pretty good pace, but did anyone else feel like he walked around when we were in possession? He doesn't need to be constantly coming to the ball, but there were times he could have made a run in behind and just didn't. Looked like Balotelli has at Liverpool.
I get the feeling that he's playing a bit under instruction and wary of that so not playing his natural game. He usually plays as the furthermost striker running the channels and looking for the balls behind the defence, but with Falcao there he's playing a more withdrawn role with defensive responsibilities.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Very promising showing today. Best this season from Wilson I think.

He's a bit lightweight but once he finishes growing, and Ronaldo's himself in the gym, he could be a real star.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Can this guy kick on and become our main man? Van Persie, Rooney and Falcao are getting on and can't see any of them being here in 5 years or so.
Wilson and Dybala with mix of two a bit more experienced strikers sounds like a well balanced attacking formation.

There's a chance and hopefully plan for that.

ZDwyr

Good cameo and glad he scored. Think he needed a goal. Wouldn't be against seeing him get a start.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Good performance today. Why does he always have wrong jump timings when he tries to head the ball?
It's not timing, he just jumps to try and look like he is doing something. He doesn't fancy the physical battle in that situation (and really, there is no point him trying to out muscle a big defender), so it would look stupid just standing there while the other guy jumps. A lot of strikers of younger players do it.

NoPace

I get the feeling that he's playing a bit under instruction and wary of that so not playing his natural game. He usually plays as the furthermost striker running the channels and looking for the balls behind the defence, but with Falcao there he's playing a more withdrawn role with defensive responsibilities.
He might also be under instructions to focus on sprinting, since he's mainly out there for his pace. It's not a major worry yet, but our off the ball movement has been so poor for a while now, so I'm always concerned by it.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
We have three legit talents in him, Januzaj and Periera. I hope all three are given a fair chance to make it here.

NK86

Di Maria doesnt work as a striker simple as that.

If you want to play 2 strikers you need one with pace, he had Robben in the dutch squad to make his gameplan work if he plays two slow strikers like Falcao and Van Persie upfront together it will never work.

The thing is I tought Wilson linked up with falcao far beter than he ever linked up with Van Persie so I'd really like to see those two playing for the next couple of games.

-----------DDG-------------
----Jones-------Rojo-----
Valencia--Carrick----Blind
-----Fellaini--Rooney-----
---------Di Maria-----
----Wilson-----Falcao----

For the next couple of games for me
Put Rooney instead of Falcao and Herrera/Mata in Rooney's position and we are golden.

NK86

It's not timing, he just jumps to try and look like he is doing something. He doesn't fancy the physical battle in that situation (and really, there is no point him trying to out muscle a big defender), so it would look stupid just standing there while the other guy jumps. A lot of strikers of younger players do it.
I posted this thing I noticed earlier in the thread. He should make a better effort. He misjudges it by such a margin that I am starting to doubt his ability to perceive depth :p

legball

We need to worry about making top four this season and kicking on next, but let's worry about 5 years time.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Thought of the day, Wilson & Januzaj should be our new Ronaldo & Rooney, going into next year and beyond.
Sir Alex would have begun buliding a team around those type of youth talents.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We have three legit talents in him, Januzaj and Periera. I hope all three are given a fair chance to make it here.
Can't see it happening for Periera. He should have been out on loan this season.

MDFC Manager

That goal should settle down the lad, although he never shows any nervousness anyway. Well taken finish!

Put Rooney instead of Falcao and Herrera/Mata in Rooney's position and we are golden.
Correct.