Jermaine Jenas in line to replace Gary Lineker - Ian Wright leaving MOTD

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He’s the worst comms ever, I swear. What producers see in him, I’ll never know.

Silence is better than any contribution he’s made.

RUCK4444

He’s the worst comms ever, I swear. What producers see in him, I’ll never know.

Silence is better than any contribution he’s made.
Yeah I’ve been saying the same for ages as well, he’s terrible.

He adds absolutely nothing, his voice is just purely annoying as well.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Should have just stayed as a HT pundit. Commentary isnt his thing

Superden

Pat Nevin and Ally Mcoist. the best 2 pundits out there by some distance, and yet hardly on TV.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Found myself watching a program called MOTDx on the BBC because they had an interview with Musiala, and he was perfectly fine as the casual presenter there.
Just as long as he doesn't have to do punditry or commenting on football he's probably just fine.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Found myself watching a program called MOTDx on the BBC because they had an interview with Musiala, and he was perfectly fine as the casual presenter there.
Just as long as he doesn't have to do punditry or commenting on football he's probably just fine.
Yeah, I think he'll do fine as a host, I sometimes catch that tea time magazine programme he hosts and he's fine at that

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Does this scrote ever shut up?? Talks more than the commentator

Tiki-Taka

Doesn’t know much about football, suppose he doesn’t need to as the host?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I hate him.

He's simultaneously bland as feck so he bores you and says absolute bollocks that enrages you.

cyberman

He keeps cheering on who we play. Oh he can score this, they’re just coming into this a little bit, they’ve got so much they can improve on.

acnumber9

I watched the match on delay. Does he get paid by the word because he never fecks up? Who hires him and why?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Also how’s he given Eriksen MOTM? He wasn’t bad but clearly Dalot, Varane or Martinez were much better. Knows nothing.

galwayfa

He was desperate for Leicester to score tonight. Chump.
I dont get this, on this forum, everyone that reports or talking about utd, they hate the club, is their anyone that works on the game we can say they favour us( apart from mutv,)

Tyrion

Does this scrote ever shut up?? Talks more than the commentator
He does seen to talk way more than Neville or Carragher. Not sure why.

I dont get this, on this forum, everyone that reports or talking about utd, they hate the club, is their anyone that works on the game we can say they favour us( apart from mutv,)
Some posters are convinced that Gary Neville has it out for us. :lol:

4evareddevil

Actually wasn’t too bad as a pundit. They’ve had far worse on at the beeb. As a host it may even be easier, just have to keep things moving, stick to the clock, keep up with the program director and you’ll be fine. The best paid job at the Beeb, plus he won’t have to worry about injuries cutting his career short….

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
He talks constant bollox, it’s like he actually knows pretty much nothing about football sometimes. Just random thoughts and ideas about what he sees in front of him that have very little relation to reality.

Tyrion

He talks constant bollox, it’s like he actually knows pretty much nothing about football sometimes. Just random thoughts and ideas about what he sees in front of him that have very little relation to reality.
Most pundits do just talk in clichés to be fair. You could have the easiest game of bingo ever with football pundits: "wanted it more", "tough place to play", "moment of magic", "dictate the tempo", "threat from set pieces" etc.

Flying_Heckfish

I actually thought he wasn't at his worst tonight. Still terrible, though.

Him and Murphy both have this tendency to end every observation with the word "but", even though it seems half the time they don't actually have any follow up observation to offer. Like they've done half the co-commentator training course or something.

crossy1686

career ending
I don’t mind Jenas on MOTD because I can turn it off after United, and I’ll only be watching it if we win anyway, but having him commentate on games or as a pundit in the studio is annoying. There’s people with way better takes and entertainment value than him currently working the punditry scene. He’s as beige as flan.

GlasgowCeltic

No idea how this journeyman pro is engineering his way into being the face of football on telly

Tyrion

Roy Keane would be my choice with a censored version for Sunday morning
I can't decide whether Keane would not bother watching a match for 90 minutes or if he could but not without swearing.

No idea how this journeyman pro is engineering his way into being the face of football on telly
Nor me. He wasn't that good and has 20 England caps to Nevilles 80. Maybe some people think he's good looking?

I actually don't mind "journeyman" pundits. Richie Sadlier is the best pundit in Ireland and he only got one cap in a friendly. Eamonn Dunphy was hilarious and he wasn't as good as the other pundits as players. But Jenas doesn't say much interesting or entertaining.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
What everyone has to remember, he’ll be there to present & not give any football punditry/analysis. That’s not what Linekar does. Rarely, if at all.

I think he’ll be good at it

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I can't decide whether Keane would not bother watching a match for 90 minutes or if he could but not without swearing.

Nor me. He wasn't that good and has 20 England caps to Nevilles 80. Maybe some people think he's good looking?

I actually don't mind "journeyman" pundits. Richie Sadlier is the best pundit in Ireland and he only got one cap in a friendly. Eamonn Dunphy was hilarious and he wasn't as good as the other pundits as players. But Jenas doesn't say much interesting or entertaining.
He played for England at every level, won young player of the year and won a league cup. It was a decent career that was clearly above journeyman level.
No idea how he got this gig though, unless blandness is seen a virtue by dint of his inoffensiveness.

Acole9

Outstanding
He must have a brilliant agent because he manages to get this talentless cnut on everything.

Tyrion

He played for England at every level, won young player of the year and won a league cup. It was a decent career that was clearly above journeyman level.
No idea how he got this gig though, unless blandness is seen a virtue by dint of his inoffensiveness.
Journeyman by the standards of football pundits. Carragher has a European Cup, Neville has over 10 league titles, Lineker and Shearer are two of England's best ever strikers. Jenas was promising when he was young and that's about it.

That's the thing, I don't even dislike him. He's just completely interchangeable with every other pundit.

kaku06

This isn’t entirely true. I don’t know how you came to this conclusion. Whoever reports or commentates in biased manner gets called out. You can also stop hating the caf.

NoPace

I don't get this just hire James Richardson or someone likeable who can host a show.

He wasn't a very smart player (though he was pretty good at his peak for Newcastle, just had too much midfield responsibility when he needed to be free to get forward which was his best trait) and he's not a very sharp announcer.

I think generally ex-managers are just better. Give me Pleat over anyone else you hear in english really. Someone who knows tactics and is used to analyzing a game while it happens.