5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

So happy for Lingard. A home grown lad from Manchester, who it seems has been waiting for his chance forever, and it looks to have finally come. Really hope he can produce more games like the one against Moscow.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think he will be a good squad player going foward. I can't see him being one of the starting 11 mainstays beyond January when I think we will do some business. But it's good for him and the club.
This is one aspect I appr LVG for. He has not had any qualms about giving youth players games but it seems to have been lost in all the negativity with the press and our ex players. I have not heard any pundit or ex player mention it or seen a single article praising him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think he will be a good squad player going foward. I can't see him being one of the starting 11 mainstays beyond January when I think we will do some business. But it's good for him and the club.
This is one aspect I appr LVG for. He has not had any qualms about giving youth players games but it seems to have been lost in all the negativity with the press and our ex players. I have not heard any pundit or ex player mention it or seen a single article praising him.
Doesn't fit with the agenda that we have lost our identity

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Don't you know we've lost our identity?

Devil may care

LvG appreciates his pace and directness on the flank, I think we'll be seeing quite a bit more of him over the next couple of months.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
He does seem like the kind of player LVG likes. Young enough to mold into his type of style, good football brain, great movement, 100% effort and a team player.

Jesse never stood out as the top prospect coming through, he was overshadowed by Cleverley, Pogba, Josh King, Will Keane, Larnell Cole even, then Januzaj and Daehli. But Jesse was the glue of those teams, he just never looked like a world beater in any particular area.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Credit where credit is due he's been quite impressive so far, does look like he can create something too which is something we've been sorely lacking. He's taken his chances in the first time and looked quite a talented player, you can see now why LvG has faith in him.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Lovely goal that. Curled beautifully into the far corner. Well done lad.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Chuffed to bits for the lad. Classy finish that.

ScarleyUtd

I was at the game towards the start of last season when he was injured. He was doing well before the injury and had a feeling he would come good.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Lovely instinctive goal. Knew straight away what he was going to do as soon as Brunt headed the ball into his path. Confident strike.

Shark

@NotShark
It's a pleasure to be able to see a young talent break into the first team and male the impact he has.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Delighted for him. Academy players like Lingard performing for the first team is one of the enjoyable aspects of supporting United. :D

Sid234

Glad the club was patient with him and gave him a chance.. He and Pereira have both impressed when given the chance.

Lingard was helped by Depay's poor form and Rooney sucking upfront. Got a chance in the last two games and has really turned up

Devil may care

Quality finish, took it to their defense and could have had another, he's played his way into the starting 11.

khoazany

I still remember some posters in an England forum last summer said he's a Championship level player.Have some of it lads ;)

Zoo

Deserved that goal. Played his way into the team.

HabeasC

I'm hoping jese's emergence will spur on Depay who has looked a bit disinterested so far.

As it is, very pleased for Lingard. He's been playing very well.

Jagga7

Good game again, great goal and he's always positive with the ball. Definitely the no one option on the left wing now.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That was a very natural strike and he made it look easy.

If he'll continue curling ball into the net like Coutinho he should be our 2nd sting after Martial till we boost the attack with some signings but perhaps player is ready for a big challenge. Fingers crossed.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Delighted for him, called him to be a starter ahead of Memphis few weeks back and I am glad van Gaal trusts him. Very likeable player on the pitch, always thinking positively. :drool:

Hopefully he builds on this.

Delighted for him. Academy players like Lingard performing for the first team is one of the enjoyable aspects of supporting United. :D
Yep, things that I always liked the most about football.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Credit to Van Gaal for actually giving him a chance, especially in front of a big Summer signing. That breeds confidence knowing that if they play well they'll get a chance. Its one thing that helped Young outlast club record signing Di Maria last season, confidence from the manager . I love this sort of competition, it keeps everyone on their toes.

LLMU

Superb goal from him. Really happy to see him gained confidence as the game progress. That cheeky dribble in the box was great to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.