Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I just love his goal celebration. What is that he's doing btw?

Goal reminded me a lot of Macheda vs Villa a couple of years ago.

Devil may care

People always have this idea that everything will be sorted "next summer", which has never been the case.There are always signings that not turn out to be that good, and there are always players at the club that suddenly raise their games to the next level.
We wouldn't be doing due diligence if we didn't look to get in a better #9 and better RWF than the two currently playing there, I like Lingard but I think squad player is the role he'll have here.

khoazany

We wouldn't be doing due diligence if we didn't look to get in a better #9 and better RWF than the two currently playing there, I like Lingard but I think squad player is the role he'll have here.
Without a doubt we'll get a new winger in unless Memphis/Januzaj somehow up their games at some point.However I don't think it's that obvious that the new signing will automatically set the league alight so it's too early to dismiss the players we have.

Devil may care

Without a doubt we'll get a new winger in unless Memphis/Januzaj somehow up their games at some point.However I don't think it's that obvious that the new signing will automatically set the league alight so it's too early to dismiss the players we have.
Obviously there is no guarantees of anything much in sport, but there are players clearly a lot more talented than Lingard out there, if he can somehow outperform them then great, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he's a player who can start week after week if we intend for this to become a PL challenging side.

Spock

Jesse's goal was superb. When it comes to forwards, I'm not looking for consistently great play over 90+ minutes as much as I am the ability to strike the dagger in the heart at any moment in time. The other 8-9 outfield players have to be consistently good throughout a match to keep the team in a position to allow your forwards to take well the one or two chances they're going to get.

The goal celebration, though, should be ditched.

The_Midfielder

Reminds me a lot of our own, "3 Lungs Park"?
Good defensively... Physically not a monster.. Follows Tactics.. nothing special.. Has a knack of scoring the important goals...

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Reminds me a lot of our own, "3 Lungs Park"?
Good defensively... Physically not a monster.. Follows Tactics.. nothing special.. Has a knack of scoring the important goals...
Really! like those important goals against PSV and Newcastle?:smirk:

Inigo Montoya

Jesse's goal was superb. When it comes to forwards, I'm not looking for consistently great play over 90+ minutes as much as I am the ability to strike the dagger in the heart at any moment in time. The other 8-9 outfield players have to be consistently good throughout a match to keep the team in a position to allow your forwards to take well the one or two chances they're going to get.

The goal celebration, though, should be ditched.
It's Cam Newton's not his, not as bad as Sturridge's

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
What you're implying there is really harsh on any player let alone an inexperienced player, besides which he did score an important goal against Newcastle.

Inigo Montoya

What you're implying there is really harsh on any player let alone an inexperienced player, besides which he did score an important goal against Newcastle.
But missed an easier chance that would have sealed 3 points.

It's hardly harsh mate. he's well paid to hit the back of a net from less than 10 yards out; he doesn't often enough.How's that harsh? Bottom line. He's mowhere near enough good for Utd

Shamwow

But missed an easier chance that would have sealed 3 points.

It's hardly harsh mate. he's well paid to hit the back of a net from less than 10 yards out; he doesn't often enough.How's that harsh? Bottom line. He's mowhere near enough good for Utd
How many of our attacking players can you not attribute at least 1 or 2 bad misses against this season? It's a harsh thing to hold against him, especially in a game where he also scored a nice goal.

Bottom line :lol:

facund

Only Memphis scored against PSV.

Of Lingard's four goals, three have been the opening goals of the game (West Brom, Stoke and Chelsea). The goal against Newcastle put us 2-0 up.
Considering the difficulty we have with scoring goals, opening the scoring can be considered pretty important.

criticalanalysis

The Pedro comparison is just really lazy to be honest. This is a guy who has won it all with Barca and scored a ridiculous amount of goals for them, especially given that he was never really a starter. Pedro has flopped badly at Chelsea but he was an extremely effective player for Barcelona. I get what people are trying to say, but I just don't agree with the comparison. Lingard to us, is what Joel Campell currently is to Arsenal.
He could become 'our Pedro' though and it's lazy but not neccesarily an inaccurate comparison. His ceiling might be a 'Young' but he doesn't play like Young, his movement is more an inside forward. The potential for Lingard is if he plays in a fully firing Utd team (i.e a much better one than now) fitting in where neccessary but obviously he's probably not going to be good enough to absolute first team choice. I guess the difference is that apart from your generic 'good' utlity man, he's one of our own, thus 'belongs' more and I'd like to see him grow with the team. People like Campell are equally/more talented but his mindset might be elsewhere if he's not getting the games. I don't think that's the case with Lingard and in the long term a Pedro comparison can be apt.

Pedro's talent shouldn't be overshadowed by his Chelsea outings but likewise it shouldn't cloud his failings/also not playing in the same system or with the same calibre of Barca players. Obvious to say but Lingard's game will evolve playing with better players I believe and he'll fit in more due to his style (running between the lines, offering different option than a like-for-like).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I just love his goal celebration. What is that he's doing btw?

Goal reminded me a lot of Macheda vs Villa a couple of years ago.
He's doing a thing called "the dab" or dabbing or whatever. It's kinda stupid. Not sure where it came from and what it means.

SSSSnake

There are much bigger faults in our team the Jesse but give the lad his due because he's come in for some heavy stick. For me Rooney isn't scoring enough so we certainly need a striker come the summer. If we can pull off a miracle and get Kane in Rooney can drop back to his number 10. Then that leaves Martial on the left and possible another winger to complete with Jesse.

If we get Jose in charge then that's bye bye for Mata sadly.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
He's doing a thing called "the dab" or dabbing or whatever. It's kinda stupid. Not sure where it came from and what it means.
OK! Thanks for that information. I thought it was his own signature celebration. I miss an original celebration, kind of like Ravanelli with the shirt over his head.

Sunderland 2:1 Man Utd

Zoo

Yet another lazy pass from him that results in Darmian getting injured. This sloppiness in his play is not good enough.

Minimalist

General play is just awful.

Scoring the odd good goal is fine but his role is more than that.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Has been good in this recent run but after Sunderland scored, the game dynamic changed. We're chasing goals against a deep and dual layered defensive block. Lingard is good at building play and keeping it safe but he's not the best option we have at forcing a position through runs beyond the defensive line, stretching play, shooting or dribbling past a man. He can do them all but simply put, Memphis offers more than he does in those aspects.

For that reason, I'd sub him at HT for Memphis. Though that does leave Love in a very insecure position defensively. Would need the Carrick-Schneiderlin double pivot to really work hard and close the spaces necessary to cover as much as possible.

Might be better to have Rooney from the right, Martial probing centrally and Memphis wide left considering our attacks have been predominantly down the left anyway.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Nani :(

As for Lingard, fantastic goal and he's a consistent goal threat but his overall play during the game simply is non existent. He's just not a very good winger tbh. Would be interesting to see him being played upfront though.
Bringing this backup. Still think it's valid, I just think he's bang average on his all round play. His only genuine contribution that first half was nicking the ball off the Sunderland player midway through the half that set us off on a break. Obviously the boy has talent, you don't score the goals he has without it, but i'm struggling to see how he fits as a starter for us.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Bringing this backup. Still think it's valid, I just think he's bang average on his all round play. His only genuine contribution that first half was nicking the ball off the Sunderland player midway through the half that set us off on a break. Obviously the boy has talent, you don't score the goals he has without it, but i'm struggling to see how he fits as a starter for us.
Mysterious, isn't it? He's scored and created in patches, but he's really average.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Sick of seeing average shits like Lingard getting regular games for the club. Not good enough.

Shamwow

Maybe it's just me having a bad memory but there seems to be an issue with the right wing in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.