Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Maybe it's just me having a bad memory but there seems to be an issue with the right wing in general.
You know what pisses me off Shammers?

It's been fecking awful for years. We've not had a good right wing since Valencias form tailed off. Rubbish RB's and terrible wingers.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
You know what pisses me off Shammers?

It's been fecking awful for years. We've not had a good right wing since Valencias form tailed off. Rubbish RB's and terrible wingers.
There's that but also whoever we put on the right wing just seems to have very little impact on the game while the left winger gets a lot of the ball. As I write this Martial nearly gets an assist :lol:.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
There's that but also whoever we put on the right wing just seems to have very little impact on the game. As I write this Martial nearly gets an assist :lol:.
The amount of time we've had to try and sort it out though. We've had 3 managers and none of them have fixed it (it was shite under Sir Alex in his final years too).

Every transfer window I write "Right Winger needed". Never happens :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's just decent. Works hard, is fairly tidy, can pop up with a goal. We need a much bigger threat from our RW.

facund

Poor today but as noted above, there seems to be an issue with the right regardless of who plays there. Martial went from dangerous to virtually anonymous in an instant when shifted across.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Poor today but as noted above, there seems to be an issue with the right regardless of who plays there. Martial went from dangerous to virtually anonymous in an instant when shifted across.
Because Martial isn't a RW. Lingard is the only RW we have at the club and he's not good enough to be in the IX.

Devil may care

His movement off the ball is good but when asked to run with it and be a creative foil he struggles, case in point today.

facund

Because Martial isn't a RW. Lingard is the only RW we have at the club and he's not good enough to be in the IX.
Is Lingard a RW? I've seen him play across the pitch for the reserves (LW, RW, #10, AM) and he always appeared more comfortable on the left or more central.

My point was that irrespective of who has played the RW position they have tended to underwhelm aside from the odd game here and there. Mata, Martial and Lingard have struggled to get a consistent foothold in games and offer much of a threat. How much of the blame is down to those individuals (none of which have looked good enough for the IX while playing that particular role IMO) and how much may be a result of more fundamental issues in our play is an interesting point of discussion.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The amount of time we've had to try and sort it out though. We've had 3 managers and none of them have fixed it (it was shite under Sir Alex in his final years too).

Every transfer window I write "Right Winger needed". Never happens :lol:
Mane and Moura should have both been signed and weren't!

Nickosaur

I'd like to keep Jesse around, seems a good lad, versatile, and has an eye for goal.

But is he a player that should be starting week in, week out for United? No.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The Cleverly of the RW. I'm not sure if it's harsh on Cleverly. Meh player that is all.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I was going to say the same thing. He is, he's another Cleverly, fine for Everton although not a top five player. Lingard will go eventually...we all know that.
He wouldn't get in Everton's team, I don't think he'd get in many teams in the league to be honest. It's actually mental that he's regularly starting for us. Not his fault that he's painfully average and it says more about the club as a whole that we don't actually have a recognised right winger in the whole first team squad.

mattsville

Good job you're not a football scout isn't it.
Nor you... opinions opinions, I have been following the youth academy players extensively for the past 20 years and he is a nailed on Manchester United player, as a courtesy I would suggest some opinions are a bit muddied during this shit tenure of the current manager, time will tell obviously, but given his progress to date I am very much looking at a future United team with him involved in it, regardless of the manager because of his confidence, composure and football intelligence. If you cannot see that, honestly in footballing terms you are blind.

Devil may care

Nor you... opinions opinions, I have been following the youth academy players extensively for the past 20 years and he is a nailed on Manchester United player, as a courtesy I would suggest some opinions are a bit muddied during this shit tenure of the current manager, time will tell obviously, but given his progress to date I am very much looking at a future United team with him involved in it, regardless of the manager because of his confidence, composure and football intelligence. If you cannot see that, honestly in footballing terms you are blind.
As a starter or a squad player?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
West Ham or Newcastle?

mattsville

As a starter or a squad player?
Good question, that would depend on just how much he develops and evolves and who we might sign, but at a minimum he will be a squad player even in a PL or CL winning team, local players with that ability like the class of '92 are gold given their commitment to the club, but honestly he has that confidence in him, nothing phases him, he is a twig but he is brave, his composure is immense, he can become a leading player given the right circumstances andn the trajectory he is on. Very surprised to see any criticism of him, he has been one of the bright sparks along with Martial in this shit pile of a season.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
How the hell is he starting I have no idea. This lad will be in the championship very shortly.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Don't rate him as good enough or potentially good enough for here?
I honestly thought this was the Depay thread... My comment was tongue in cheek, regardless.

As for Lingard, I'm going to hold back on my judgement just yet. I think he's got something about him... don't know what.

mattsville

I honestly thought this was the Depay thread... My comment was tongue in cheek, regardless.

As for Lingard, I'm going to hold back on my judgement just yet. I think he's got something about him... don't know what.
Fair enough, Depay came to mind also, he cost £25m and has been nowhere near as productive as Jesse but yet Jesse gets criticism, I think Depay will work out btw, these are very young players and they have massive futures here, why I speak up for Jesse so much is that when Depay and Martial run amok, there is the threat of them leaving like ronaldo, Jesse is unlikely to, he grew up here as a kid, like Giggs, Butt, the Nevilles etc, he is very like a class of '92 graduate in a very different era and it is a breath of fresh air.

El Jefe

Its his fault Darmian is out. That was literally the definition of a hospital pass.

I've always liked Jesse and his style of play but you worry for him considering we know there will be wholesale changes in attacking positions this summer.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Oh dear. There's been a trend this season of Jesse missing guilt edged chances for us at important moments, only to see us regret it shortly afterwards.

prateik

yeah. Best pass of the game to Memphis and a good cross to set up the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.