Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
In the spirit of insulting the post and not the poster.

Your post is a fecking idiot.
You're not insulting me at all :-) I like some passion and your spirit is excellent. IMHO we need better to compete against the best teams. If you think otherwise that's fine for me. Probably we have different ambitions.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The Jesse miss-curse strikes again.

If we get a new manager in, he'll never manage 10 starts next season. Seems nice enough, but football is not a world where niceness gets you very far.

Minimalist

He's a Norwich player.

Not an insult. Norwich are better than us.

But still, a Norwich player - that has Liverpool score 5 against them.

eggwithsideburns

I cant help feel that he's crap, maybe because he is. he gets into good positions but wastes any chances he gets or usually gives the ball away when he has it, unless he passes it backwards to the fullback. That's not good enough really.

Devil may care

Looked sharp in the first half but disappeared in the second, hard to blame the younger, inexperienced players when our senior outfield players were so poor.

Chicharito_

The thing is, if he wasn't playing for us right now I honestly think he is a low Prem/Championship player at the moment. It's laughable how bad our squad is, I think if Mourinho could have his way and be able to sign as many players as he wants he would get rid of 7-10 of our first team without giving it a thought.

Bwuk

He's average at best, I have no idea what people on here see in him.

Devil may care

That's around the age Scholes and Becks were when they started playing for the senior team, a senior team that was the best in the country at the time, not the shit show we currently have going on. I've not once said he'll ever be more than a squad player, but I don't get the hurry to bin him to the Championship either.

BarstoolProphet

That's around the age Scholes and Becks were when they started playing for the senior team, a senior team that was the best in the country at the time, not the shit show we currently have going on. I've not once said he'll ever be more than a squad player, but I don't get the hurry to bin him to the Championship either.
Both Scholesy and Becks were 3 years younger when they started playing for the first team regularly but I get your point. I actually don't mind Lingard being in our squad, it's when we depend on him actually delivering on a weekly basis that tells us that we're heading for rock bottom. He's actually starting games because he's actually one that deserves it, but that tells you more about the other players in contention and the state of the club.

Devil may care

Both Scholesy and Becks were 3 years younger when they started playing for the first team regularly but I get your point. I actually don't mind Lingard being in our squad, it's when we depend on him actually delivering on a weekly basis that tells us that we're heading for rock bottom. He's actually starting games because he's actually one that deserves it, but that tells you more about the other players in contention and the state of the club.
That's fair, Lingard starting regularly is a snapshot of the lack of top quality in this squad, because as you say you can't really say anyone in it deserves to start ahead of him. Hopefully after the summer he can settle into more of a squad player role.

Sylar

Obviously needs to work on his finishing, but I see him more as a right midfielder than a front three right sided player.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Our current situation is doing everyone a huge disservice, especially the young players. Instead of being eased into the first team, like they should, they are getting thrown in the deep end and are asked to perform. There is a lack of leadership from the management and there are absolutely no leaders on the pitch to guide these guys through. Then in case of Jesse, he is being asked to perform in his least favorite position. It's not easy.

Jesse is a good player; may not have the potential to be a regular starter at United but does have enough to be a good squad player.

JoaquinJoaquin

One thing I often notice in this thread is that when Lingard has his 1 good moment per game you get certain posters race in here and criticise any other poster who says anything negative about the guy, only to go missing again when the game is over when Lingard has been anonymous. Very strange, but then again the club at the moment is bringing strange reactions out of people.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
One thing I often notice in this thread is that when Lingard has his 1 good moment per game you get certain posters race in here and criticise any other poster who says anything negative about the guy, only to go missing again when the game is over when Lingard has been anonymous. Very strange, but then again the club at the moment is bringing strange reactions out of people.
Behave.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I like him but think he was our worst player tonight.
How? He was involved in our goal, played a great ball into Memphis, and hit the bar himself. Involved in our 3 best chances while our defense were a shambles and our midfield pairing was absolutely destroyed. Yet you somehow think Lingard was the worst of the lot? He wasn't even close.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Bojan11

WhoDaGOAT

His end product has been very good of late, so he deserves to stay in the side.

I don't think he'll be a regular starter under the new regime, but he could do a job as a squad player and chip in with 5 goals a season.

2 goals and 2 assists from his last 5 appearances.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
How? He was involved in our goal, played a great ball into Memphis, and hit the bar himself. Involved in our 3 best chances while our defense were a shambles and our midfield pairing was absolutely destroyed. Yet you somehow think Lingard was the worst of the lot? He wasn't even close.
He just frustrated me all night, him and Herrera.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I like him but think he was our worst player tonight.
Not even close. Herrera was absolute dogshit. And Mata. And Carrick. And Memphis. In fact he was probably our best midfielder, not that that's saying much.

Gerald G

He was poor tonight but so were many others. But he doesn't show me much that he can be of United class.
Lingard is like a really, really poor Thomas Muller. I mean no disrespect to Lingard but that is how it is.

Lingard has good movement and gets into good positions but his finishing more often than not, is poor. He doesn't even get it on target. I can't remember the games this year but there's been a few that have cost us/could have cost us.

On the other hand, he seems to do better with the harder chances. It really irks me. Overall though he definitely isn't good enough to start for us as much as I want him to be.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
He was poor tonight but so were many others. But he doesn't show me much that he can be of United class.
Lingard is like a really, really poor Thomas Muller. I mean no disrespect to Lingard but that is how it is.

Lingard has good movement and gets into good positions but his finishing more often than not, is poor. He doesn't even get it on target. I can't remember the games this year but there's been a few that have cost us/could have cost us.

On the other hand, he seems to do better with the harder chances. It really irks me. Overall though he definitely isn't good enough to start for us as much as I want him to be.
With this small a sample size we have no real idea whether this season's finishing is an outlier or the norm. Every attacker goes through phases of being shit at finishing.

Acole9

Outstanding
Nice to see him amongst the scorers, we've been moaning about the lack of midfielders who can score goals for us and now we've got one everyone criticises him.

khoazany

Is he our most efficient player recently in terms of goals and assists?Anyone has the stats?

Considering we seem to be lacking in that department it's not a surprise to see him starting every game.

SSSSnake

Is he our most efficient player recently in terms of goals and assists?Anyone has the stats?

Considering we seem to be lacking in that department it's not a surprise to see him starting every game.
Certainly seems so right now. i honestly think if he had a full season under his belt he could get 15 goals which would be a fantastic return.

SSSSnake

He could score 50 goals and you'd all still moan. He deserves his place in the team right now. Yes maybe in the new era he'll turn into a squad player but right now his place is justified.

Thisistheone

Hats off to him, he keeps chipping in with the odd goal and always makes good runs. For all the hype someone like the Ox gets at Arsenal, Jesse has now scored more goals than he's managed in any season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Weirdly, does a quite a few simple things, quite badly wrong, then goes and gets goals and assists. If he can iron out the inconsistencies for the next season, he could be a really useful player for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.