5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Nugget

Great energy today - worked his ass off defensively. Did very well with Varela in keeping Arsenals left side quiet

SSSSnake

We need players like Jesse. He worked tirelessly for the full 90 mins and he linked up well with Varela. People on here think we need more players like Depay or some flashy players who's going to beat his man. I totally disagree. We already have those players in Martial and Depay and maybe even Rashford now. Jesse will compliment these players by doing the doggy work. I agree with some on here that he's our new Ji Sung Three Lungs.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's defensive ability is rather overrated. Did he not let Monreal go through completely unmarked early on in the game? That's quite basic stuff. Not the first time either.

Hostekule

He's defensive ability is rather overrated. Did he not let Monreal go through completely unmarked early on in the game? That's quite basic stuff. Not the first time either.
He was nowhere to be seen in the beginning of the first half when Varela was struggling.

SSSSnake

No Varela and Carrick watched Monreal run through and neither followed the run as he ran inbetween both players.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
No Varela and Carrick watched Monreal run through and neither followed the run as he ran inbetween both players.
Monreal is Lingard's man to mark, not Varela's and certainly not Carrick's. He should have been tracking his run but was nowhere to be seen

SSSSnake

Monreal is Lingard's man to mark, not Varela's and certainly not Carrick's. He should have been tracking his run but was nowhere to be seen
Watch the play again fella. Jesse ran to close down the throw from Wellbeck. Which yes you'll say is Jesse fault for leaving space for Monreal. However as Monreal ran through neither Carrick or Varela bother to pick him up and instead Varela is waving his hands in the air trying to claim offside.

In football if a players goes past the midfield you can't claim the defence has no bloody responsibility. I don't blame Jesse on this occasion as he was closing down the short throw but got beat to the ball. Varela or Carrick should have watched the run as they had a perfect view but neither claimed responsibility.

SSSSnake

I swear down people are just clutching at straws trying to pick any flaw in his game. I don't mind criticism especially when it's warranted. Jesse played a shit game in the Europa for instances so the criticism is fair but the shit spouted on here is laughable especially when Jesse played well yesterday.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I'm not his biggest fan but he played really well yesterday, his best performance this season.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Watch the play again fella. Jesse ran to close down the throw from Wellbeck. Which yes you'll say is Jesse fault for leaving space for Monreal. However as Monreal ran through neither Carrick or Varela bother to pick him up and instead Varela is waving his hands in the air trying to claim offside.

In football if a players goes past the midfield you can't claim the defence has no bloody responsibility. I don't blame Jesse on this occasion as he was closing down the short throw but got beat to the ball. Varela or Carrick should have watched the run as they had a perfect view but neither claimed responsibility.
Monreal should be tracked by Lingard. No if's and buts there.

I swear down people are just clutching at straws trying to pick any flaw in his game. I don't mind criticism especially when it's warranted. Jesse played a shit game in the Europa for instances so the criticism is fair but the shit spouted on here is laughable especially when Jesse played well yesterday.
Tuck your toys back in. I'm a fan of Jesse and I think he played very well yesterday.

SSSSnake

Monreal should be tracked by Lingard. No if's and buts there.

Tuck your toys back in. I'm a fan of Jesse and I think he played very well yesterday.
So by that logic the defence don't have to track any runners getting through? lol!! and we can blame the midfield? I can tell you are a real footballer mate. Bet you've never kicked a ball in your life.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Yeah mate the defense should be tasked with tracking the runs of the opposing full back. That sounds like a brilliant plan

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Lingard should have gone with Monreal there, but when he doesn't, someone else must step up. Varela and Carrick just watched as he walked through, although both did have concerns of their own.

All three deserve equal criticism.

SSSSnake

Yeah mate the defense should be tasked with tracking the runs of the opposing full back. That sounds like a brilliant plan
You really don't understand this team sport we watch do you? Midfielders have a defensive duty as well as an attacking duty. On the odd occasion when the opposition break through the defence the back four needs to take some responsibility in snuffing out the danger. You think it's cool for them to just stand there and watch Monreal run through?

The defence aren't "tasked" to track a runner that is the assumed responsibility when someone runs through on goal. It wasn't like Jesse was caught napping he went to close the ball down but got beat to the ball. This happens in football and is a risk. You need to take off your Lingard hating goggles and have some common sense.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
You really don't understand this team sport we watch do you? Midfielders have a defensive duty as well as an attacking duty. On the odd occasion when the opposition break through the defence the back four needs to take some responsibility in snuffing out the danger. You think it's cool for them to just stand there and watch Monreal run through?

The defence aren't "tasked" to track a runner that is the assumed responsibility when someone runs through on goal. It wasn't like Jesse was caught napping he went to close the ball down but got beat to the ball. This happens in football and is a risk. You need to take off your Lingard hating goggles and have some common sense.
You need to stop throwing your toys out and getting defensive each time someone says anything remotely negative about Lingard. Quit with the "You don't play sport, haven't kicked a ball" juvenile nonsense.

A quick look through this thread should tell you I don't 'hate' Lingard. Quite the opposite in fact.

All I've said is Lingard made a mistake. And he did. He didn't do a good enough job of tracking his man. Completely true. Should someone else have covered in for him? Probably but it started with him losing his man.

Sylar

I cant remember it but would be great if somebody posted a clip. Im pretty sure it came from when our players thought it went out for a throw-in and a few stopped. But it also depends on who had Monreal initially as there are times that players are passed along to the closer man to mark depending on the circumstance.

Anyway, I like the little things he did like drawing them to win free kicks at a time we needed to keep the ball. Little simple things he does so well. Think he links up well with Varela too.

SSSSnake

You need to stop throwing your toys out and getting defensive each time someone says anything remotely negative about Lingard. Quit with the "You don't play sport, haven't kicked a ball" juvenile nonsense.

A quick look through this thread should tell you I don't 'hate' Lingard. Quite the opposite in fact.

All I've said is Lingard made a mistake. And he did. He didn't do a good enough job of tracking his man. Completely true. Should someone else have covered in for him? Probably but it started with him losing his man.
No I'm just calling bullshit on your view about who's to blame. Should someone cover for Monreal? Probably?

You're having a bubble bath right?

So if my midfielder lost a marker I'm going to let them run through on goal? Ummm no Mr Akash you damn sure I'll be all over that. If it started off with Lingard like you say then Varela and Carrick can share equal blame as they did sod all. If anything the defence have more of a responsibility.

SSSSnake

I cant remember it but would be great if somebody posted a clip. Im pretty sure it came from when our players thought it went out for a throw-in and a few stopped. But it also depends on who had Monreal initially as there are times that players are passed along to the closer man to mark depending on the circumstance.

Anyway, I like the little things he did like drawing them to win free kicks at a time we needed to keep the ball. Little simple things he does so well. Think he links up well with Varela too.
Skip to 2.14. Lingard closes the ball down but gets done with a 1-2 with Welbeck.

Devil may care

What a weird argument, all 3 fecked up on that goal, overall Lingard had a good game and will maintain a squad spot next season even when we strengthen the RW as he can then compete with Memphis for the LW.

Sylar

Thanks @SSSSnake

From watching that clip, mostly Varelas fault given he has to see that run inside of him, basic defending responsibility but regardless, DDG bailed us out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What a weird argument, all 3 fecked up on that goal, overall Lingard had a good game and will maintain a squad spot next season even when we strengthen the RW as he can then compete with Memphis for the LW.
arguing about a goal when we've just won 3-2 with a depleted squad against one of the best teams, and with Rashford emerging like a beacon is the weirdness here.

I can only imagine the people are joyless bastards.

Devil may care

arguing about a goal when we've just won 3-2 with a depleted squad against one of the best teams, and with Rashford emerging like a beacon is the weirdness here.

In such a bleak season as well, yesterday was a joy, I haven't given their goals another thought and it's just nice to be looking at the next game with some optimism for a change.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In such a bleak season as well, yesterday was a joy, I haven't given their goals another thought and it's just nice to be looking at the next game with some optimism for a change.
Exactly that pal.

Yesterday was "hugged to death by the chav i don't even know from behind" territory. The last time I got a hug at a game was the 4-2 v City.

SSSSnake

To be fair I came on here to congratulate Lingard but then got distracted by this miserable sod who likes to point the finger, and his only argument was its Lingard's fault.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
No I'm just calling bullshit on your view about who's to blame. Should someone cover for Monreal? Probably?

You're having a bubble bath right?

So if my midfielder lost a marker I'm going to let them run through on goal? Ummm no Mr Akash you damn sure I'll be all over that. If it started off with Lingard like you say then Varela and Carrick can share equal blame as they did sod all. If anything the defence have more of a responsibility.
You really are utterly tiresome with your childish insults and shite posts.

Lingard shouldn't have allowed to Monreal to run off him unmarked. That was my point and guess what I don't even blame him because he's not a defender and I don't expect him to get everything right.

I made a single point and you've gone off like I've just accused him of murder. What a fecking weirdo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
To be fair I came on here to congratulate Lingard but then got distracted by this miserable sod who likes to point the finger, and his only argument was its Lingard's fault.

Lingard shouldn't have allowed to Monreal to run off him unmarked. That was my point and guess what I don't even blame him because he's not a defender and I don't expect him to get everything right.

I made a single point and you've gone off like I've just accused him of murder. What a fecking weirdo.
you two, stop it now.

and get over to the Rashford thread, and whoop it up, while he's still so fresh!

Devil may care

Exactly that pal.

Yesterday was "hugged to death by the chav i don't even know from behind" territory. The last time I got a hug at a game was the 4-2 v City.
:lol: It really was a great buzz, I was pretty much half asleep the rest of the afternoon and night I used up that much adrenaline on an already sleepy Sunday. I think the circumstances and the performances of our young players just elevated things to a level of excitement we've not had this season.

SSSSnake

Changing your story now you realise your making yourself look a fool?

Earlier you said Varela didn't need to pick him up when he clearly did. Anyway I'm done wih you. Clearly there is no common sense here and I'll be accused of being a weirdo by calling you on your bullshit argument. Here's hoping you never become a defender because I'd really feel sorry for that team with you shifting the blame on the midfield and forwards. "Nah mate he's your man to mark!" **face palm**

Robbie Boy

He had a decent few minutes at the start of the second half but apart from that, he's been poor. He consistently fails to beat his man and wastes possession far too often.

Devil may care

Looked decent when he got to move to the left, he looks more comfortable running with the ball from there as several of the academy watchers have said.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He makes so many stupid decisions per game... it's infuriating.

I don't know why he thinks he won't smash the ball at defenders when they're two yards away from him and he's made no effort to shift the ball or do anything to gain a yard.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Guaranteed to start the rest of the season.

It doesn't help him and it certainly doesn't help us. No matter how in ineffective he is, he'll play.

JoaquinJoaquin

Guaranteed to start the rest of the season.

It doesn't help him and it certainly doesn't help us. No matter how in ineffective he is, he'll play.
Looks that way. Such a shame to see the likes of Pereira and Januzaj get limited chances while Lingard plays every game. (I'll patiently wait for the 'but he is local and only 23 years old' brigade to slate me).

Robbie Boy

Funny how the posters that shoot people down when he gets a goal etc, completely disappear when he has yet another average (meh) performance.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
One of our better players and has been for a while , don't know why he gets so much stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.