5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
our best player in first half with Schneiderlin, his movement is first class.....

dirkey

I thought he was average at best. Overran the ball a few times. Only thing I thought he did well was the nutmeg. Which he followed up by overrunning it. Had a good chance to play Rooney in and angled the pass very badly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Got in good positions but wasted them really. On par with the rest of the side in that half, nobody was even decent for us.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Smart player who will definitely fit the tactical plans. Give him time.

I'm so excited to see him being given a chance, hopefully over the years Pearson and maybe Rothwell are too.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Clear to see why LVG thinks he's deserved his chance.

Ryan7

Smart player who will definitely fit the tactical plans. Give him time.

I'm so excited to see him being given a chance, hopefully over the years Pearson and maybe Rothwell are too.
Yeah, I see this as well. I like how he tracks back to help out.

I think he's had a decent half. His footwork looked very good as well.

khoazany

Knew he would got in an one on one situation the moment he suddenly shifted on the left, that's how good his off the ball movement is.Weak shot though and obviously wrongly ruled out for offside.

Kopral Jono

Lingard, he was far from 'meh' surely. He was trying things, made spaces for himself and displayed a decent change of pace. Encouraging.

Roboc7

I thought he did pretty well, hopefully he gets more opportunities. I think it's very difficult for the wide players in this formation when the centre forward is so off the pace.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
looked proper meh
Really? He looked much more dangerous than Martial in the first half. He also seems competent with his duties defensively as opposed to giving a stupid penalty away. Yet Martial is getting endless praise and Lingard is meh? Very harsh on the lad imo.

bdecuc

Did well Lingard. Faded a bit in the second half but I think he's proving himself a really good option in the team. Gotta remember that wasn't an easy match to play in by any means.

BarstoolProphet

Very good first half, then faded in the second. Overall he showed us that he can do a good job as a squad player this season.

AttackingFlair

Retained the ball well but didn't do much going forward. Hard to judge him because everyone struggled. LVG would probably have liked his performance as he kept the ball.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Thought he was one of our brighter players. Almost seemed as if he was given a free role to roam all over. Just lacking a final ball, although Rooney never seemed to be able to get in behind. Well done Jesse.

facund

Not too shabby for his first start of the season but will need to show a bit more creatively if he wants regular playing time IMO. A reasonably tidy shift from him though and used the ball better than Martial and Memphis (apart from the one lovely cross from Memphis).

I like him and hope to see him in a game where the team seems to have a clue and give a f*ck. Should give us a better idea of his chances.

m1y2

he was definitely among the better performers tonight, tried things was actually the most lively player on the ptch in the first half and didn't had a worse game than 6/7 Memphis' games this season. When you compare him to Martial who also tried things but lost ball more than often you could easily say who was better overall even though Martial kicked on a little in the second half.

Looking forward to seeing him in some home game when we go full attack, he's really smart little player and deserves another chance in an easier fixture to who how creative he can be..

Devil may care

I thought he looked our most likely player in the first half, very good for a first ever CL game, faded a bit in the second but plenty to build on.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Was ok. Forgot he was on in the second half, until he came off that is. Should see some more minutes.

Ace of Spades

I thought he was decent, always kept trying to make space and help out in attack, but also did his defensive duties. Lets take into consideration that it was his first start since the first match of last season.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
He's the one i've wanted to see get a chance the most and glad he finally got it, did ok but not great or poor. Hopefully he gets a game when the rest of the team are performing unlike tonight

surf

Nice enough player, but no real cutting edge as an attacker. Mata is a class above and expect him to be back in the team very soon.

m1y2

Nice enough player, but no real cutting edge as an attacker. Mata is a class above and expect him to be back in the team very soon.
it was his only second start after the unfortunate Swansea game last season, and debut in tough away champions league fixture. He will show much more once we play home and attack.. he was our arguably best and most creative player in the first half...

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
it was his only second start after the unfortunate Swansea game last season, and debut in tough away champions league fixture. He will show much more once we play home and attack.. he was our arguably best and most creative player in the first half...
+ he barely played this season as our legends team play more often then our U21.....

NoPace

This is my view, too. I like Lingard fine, but to play big minutes out wide at a club like United you need to be scoring or creating a high number of goals and I can't see him doing that. He isn't a great dribbler like Pereira, isn't going to get on the end of too many through balls like Memphis or have the class and creativity on the ball of a Januzaj.

Lingard is a tidy player who should be able to get a healthy but not great number of goals from out wide. That suggests a solid Prem player, but not a United one. Like Cleverley or Shawcross, a player who could have a fine career, but one we won't miss.

khoazany

He's the main hope now the keep the youth in matchday squad record going (again I don't think it's that important but preferably it's better to maintain it to avoid another stupid media meltdown).Pereira seems not to be trusted at the moment when things get rough and McNair is the 5th choice CB and 3rd choice RB, no more no less,Wilson seems to get niggling injuries and illness all the time.

I'll play him ahead of the current Memphis no doubt.All for some healthy competition though.

Status
Not open for further replies.