5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

Wasn't great. Wasnt poor. Didn't look out of place.
It's always hard for players to make an impression when the game is won and the team is happy to sit back and hit on the break.

Would like to see him get more minutes.

Tribec

Helped stem the Everton attacks down the right hand side, offered up a threat out wide which Mata doesn't, though it wasn't a potent threat. I think more minutes would help with that, but if he can continue to perform like that when called upon, certainly for now he's ideal to have on the bench. Though I'm sure he'll be wondering how he didn't score towards the end.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Seeing him getting back to cover that Barkley shot was very satisfying. Lots of young players (and a few seniors) would've been caught napping there.

Thought he did very well.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
i thought it was a good cameo, specially as he wasnt playing in his best position(left winger) and we decided to defend the lead while he prefers to play possession game. Good defensively, did great on that Barkley chance and was always in the right positions. Offensively he did okay, was calm with the ball in dangerous areas, good movement, played one great backheel, put some decent crosses but missed one solid chance - wrong decision to hit it first time.

kundalini

I was impressed. Thought he was fine. Worked hard defensively and offered a threat going forward. I only noticed one careless control that cost him possession though my stream did freeze a few times so I might have missed other moments. Having said that, his shot wasn't great.

itso 7

Wasn't great. Wasnt poor. Didn't look out of place.
It's always hard for players to make an impression when the game is won and the team is happy to sit back and hit on the break.

Would like to see him get more minutes.
True he is certainly good enough to play a squad role for this team, him and Perreira.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
We're a bit short on numbers in the squad so it'd be good if he can establish himself as a viable option.

facund

A pleasant surprise to see him play. Thought he did well enough with the limited opportunities he had and it was nice to see some width on the right as well as a few dangerous crosses. Hope to see more of him midweek as I doubt he'll get a look in for the derby.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Not his best performance, the cross he made for Herrera was his best moment but tracked back well when Kone was drifting wide.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Great that he got some minutes. Decent performance. Should have done better with the shot. Would love to see him get more minutes with the first team this season.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
He's got the pace which gives us a different outlet to Mata on the right. Something like how Valencia used to be, hope he gets more minutes this season.

nemanja15

Agreed with those who'd like to see him get more game time, and who thought he didn't look out of place. Hopefully he may start vs Boro at OT in the league cup.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
On the basis of that performance he should be getting minutes in the League Cup and against weaker teams at home if we need rotation.

mav_9me

Liked what I saw. Uncharacteristically skewed his shot wide. His finishing is usually very good. I think he did enough to move up the rotation to 5th choice behind Mata, Memphis, Young, and Martial on the wings.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Great to see him getting some game time, we hadn't killed the game off when he came on so it wasn't a token gesture to get him some minutes, it shows LVG does really rate him.

Get In Scholesy

Happy to see him get a half of premier league football under his belt. His inexperience showed at times but that is expected with a young player. Hopefully this should see him in and around the first team if he can prove himself consistently.

khoazany

Why was Mata subbed off for him by the way? Was it a tactical decision?
LVG's quote from the official website:

On Jesse Lingard replacing Juan Mata at half-time: “That was tactical and I was very happy, I have congratulated him [Lingard] with a good performance in the second half. He didn’t lose any balls, one pass to Wayne Rooney maybe, but that is the only pass I can remember, and he did his defensive work very well so I am very pleased with his performance.”

Walters_19_MuFc

Glad he come on today. He wasn't great today, but he did what he had to do and had good performance. It also shows that Van Gaal has faith in him because both, Pereira and Memphis, who were on the bench today, could have come on for Mata but they didn't. Hope to see much more of him this season.

Devil may care

Didn't really stand out in a good or bad way for me, but was disciplined in helping Darmian.

Moriarty

Good performance from Jesse today and he keeps the record going. Needs a wee bit more composure but that can be coached into him.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Glad he got minutes. Looked decent enough to hold a place on the bench without too much worries. Look forward to seeing him appear in the League Cup.

Moriarty

Glad he come on today. He wasn't great today, but he did what he had to do and had good performance. It also shows that Van Gaal has faith in him because both, Pereira and Memphis, who were on the bench today, could have come on for Mata but they didn't. Hope to see much more of him this season.
Memphis was rightly dropped today and Lingard made the most of his opportunity. Makes for healthy competition and I'm pleased for the lad. I also hope that Memphis gets his head down and fights his way back.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
LvG on Jesse today: 'Very good 2nd half'.

Pretty much all it was needed to hear, just don't be afraid to play him more. We simply need attacking options and he was extremely patient with getting just this one chance and he didn't blew it.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Why was Mata subbed off for him by the way? Was it a tactical decision?
Probably yeah. Got out muscled rather easily by (I think) Galloway and got skinned by Barkley in a dangerous area too.

m1y2

great to see him finally on the pitch, he' better centrally but certainly can do a job for us from the wing if we need him there.

Very rarely you can see miss like that infront of the goal he's normally very composed player. I hope he gets minutes also when we need to attack and not only defend, it was obvious for which reasons he was sent on. I think he could have tried to bring the ball forward more if he wanted, he's certainly capable of that but showed "maturity" and what Van Gaal wanted, it's similar to how Ander plays under Van Gaal as no8, very patient and cautous, trying to never lose the ball if possible.. But I hope we will see him soon again. If it's not Januzaj then it should be him gven gametime, he's late bloomer and I'm 100% sure he could thrive here if he's given proper chance. He's another no10 though..

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Looked a bit nervy but with more playing time he'll feel more at home and he'll fit in nicely with Ander. Still don't think his finishing is as good as some seem to believe, nor would I even consider it one of his strong points.

NoPace

Probably because Mata was struggling with their full back's speed.
Also Mata kept giving the ball away. Had a poor half, we were up 2-0 and going to be defending more and playing on the counter. Lingard is faster and can't be worse defensively out wide. Also, Mata will need rest at times this season. Great sub.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Didn't look out of place. Seemed to just slot in nicely.

I hope he plays more and gets the chance to show us what he can do at this level because the pre season jokes have gotten tedious among United fans

Sid234

Did really well considering it was his first competitive game of the season. I think he played well and kept Galloway quiet in the 2nd half..

Status
Not open for further replies.