Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The Sun and Express have him linked to a move to Bristol City.​
surely he can do better than Bristol City!

I could see him doing well for a team like Swansea who play the right way and develop their players fully. I do think hes got a higher ceiling than Swansea but regular football somewhere like that would do him good.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage

I could see him doing well for a team like Swansea who play the right way and develop their players fully. I do think hes got a higher ceiling than Swansea but regular football somewhere like that would do him good.
Don't see that he suits their style at all, I rate him as a very good player too but I think he'd do better at a team that gives their wingers more attacking freedom than assisting responsibility.

Member 39557

Quick fixing?

If he was good enough then he'd play. You also forgotten Pereira is ahead of him also.

He's also going to be 23. He should have by now shown something that he would justify a first team spot and I am not talking about pre season. Three managers have not picked him for the first team. There must be a reason for that.
In fairness, LVG picked him for the first game last season. He got a bad injury and was then farmed out, so it was down to bad luck really. If he'd stayed fit, he might have got a decent run?[/QUOTE]

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Don't see that he suits their style at all, I rate him as a very good player too but I think he'd do better at a team that gives their wingers more attacking freedom than assisting responsibility.
if he wants to succeed at a club like United then he needs to learn that other side of the game

Bojan11

In fairness, LVG picked him for the first game last season. He got a bad injury and was then farmed out, so it was down to bad luck really. If he'd stayed fit, he might have got a decent run?
[/QUOTE]

LVG picked him primary because Valencia and Rafael were both injured. And he was asked to play a role he's never really played.

Brightonian

He's also going to be 23. He should have by now shown something that he would justify a first team spot and I am not talking about pre season. Three managers have not picked him for the first team. There must be a reason for that.
Fergie always planned to wait until he was a bit more physically mature before giving him his shot - he said he expected him to be 22 before it happened, so he retired too early to do it. Moyes rightly chose to promote Januzaj ahead of him, and in such a difficult season he was hardly going to have leeway to blood two youngsters in the same position. And LVG did try and give him his shot, but he got that terribly timed injury, something which LVG has actually expressed his disappointment about.

So whatever you think of his chances and ability, you can't really damn him based on that.

Drifter

American

Does seem a bit of a strange move if true. Newcastle are rumored to be interested.

Raw

Saw that too, would rather he went there on loan. If United are getting Pedro, Lingard is really going to have trouble getting games.

khoazany

A lad that was in the same year as me is in that video. The one in the yellow bib, with blonde streaks in his hair, called Michael Potts.
He's playing for Conference North side AFC Fylde.Used to play in League Two for York City for a season.

Walters_19_MuFc

Good pre season and not even a place on the bench, despite Fellaini, Januzaj, Rojo, Jones and potentially a new winger not being available to pick for the bench. Doesn't look good for him. :(

Last edited:

Devil may care

Any more news on whether he is going on loan? It doesn't seem he's likely to get near the match day squad anytime soon with Fellaini, Rojo and Jones all due back to add to spots on the bench never mind the starting 11.

ThanksBoss26

Any more news on whether he is going on loan? It doesn't seem he's likely to get near the match day squad anytime soon with Fellaini, Rojo and Jones all due back to add to spots on the bench never mind the starting 11.
I still think all three options are available for Lingard; kept with us, loaned out or sold.

Genuinely not sure what will happen with him between now and the end of the window.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
He'll be given a run in the LC, if we do well he will stay with us to play in the FA Cup and as cover. Otherwise we'll loan him out to give him games.

Devil may care

I still think all three options are available for Lingard; kept with us, loaned out or sold.

Genuinely not sure what will happen with him between now and the end of the window.
I guess the fact Adnan went from not making the match day 18 to starting means LvG could put him in the squad for the Brugge game if he's using one young attacking player in each game, Pereira being in the first match day squad but not the second.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Would like to see him on the right with Adnan or Pereira in the center and Depay on the left.

When is our first league cup game?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I hope he starts the European game personally. Keep a good solid midfield and defence and play him, Pereira and Januzaj in the attacking midfield slots.

Robbie Boy

Any news on this front of a loan / permanent transfer? Surely he can't sit in the reserves for the season. He's a talented lad and needs to move on for his own sake.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
If Martial is the last signing we'll make that will be good news for Lingard and Pereira. They'll be alot closer to the first team than I thought and offer us alternatives out wide (if Martial plays centrally) and maybe even at 10 (although I doubt the latter). Lingard has done well in preseason and on loan, he might get his chance this year.

Sam

I do find it quite amazing that he's still at the club, yet Januzaj isn't.

I wonder if LVG has any plans to use him much? He didn't get much playing time on the tour, and spent last season on loan, so it wouldn't seem that likely.

settembrini

Even after all the outgoings he's still way down the pecking order.

The loan window opens next week and I expect he'll join a championship club again. Powell too if he's fit.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
He's going to be 23 this year. Definitely needs to start playing somewhere soon. He's had only 50 odd senior appearances through various loan spells.

Van Gaal always seems to name drop him so it does look like he's rated.

Sid234

Van Gaal definitely rates him or he'd have shipped him out without thinking twice about it.
He's in the same boat as McNair, too many players ahead of him to get a chance immediately. I guess the Carling Cup game would be best shot to make an impression though I think Van Gaal prefers to make a decision on players by their training performances

FromTheBench

Van Gaal definitely rates him or he'd have shipped him out without thinking twice about it.
He's in the same boat as McNair, too many players ahead of him to get a chance immediately. I guess the Carling Cup game would be best shot to make an impression though I think Van Gaal prefers to make a decision on players by their training performances
He's not even getting on the bench when the only other attacking option on the bench is Fellaini.

Not sure why he is even still at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.