5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

khoazany

Honestly I'd rather see him given a chance rather than buy Pedro for big money.
The funny part is Pedro broke through at Barca at the same age as he is now (Pedro wasn't really considered a top prospect at La Masia as well).Assuming we have a 22-year-old Pedro in our book he wouldn't even make it if we splash the cash on the 27-year-old himself.

shivab

The time for loaning is past for me. It's sink or swim time for him at United.

Reckon he'll do very well if he's given the chance.
still think he needs a regular starting XI role in a higher standard team before he makes the jump to united, as opposed to being on the bench, playing the odd game and coming on for a few minutes in some games. training with better players is always good but real match situations are better at training players and i fear he wont get enough of that at united. but i guess thats just my opinion.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Got that the wrong way around, he's played with Adnan a lot more than Andreas. I could only actually find 5 starts he shared with Andreas for the u21s and a further 3 times Andreas came on for about 10 minutes with Lingard on the pitch.
Really? Adnan didn't spend much time with the U21s, one season I think before Moyes called him up. He played there a fair bit last season but Lingard didn't. The season before I wanna say Lingard spent mostly on loan.

Pereira has been with the U21s for what feels like 3 years but maybe it's just two?

Odd, anyway. What site are you using for those stats?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Really? Adnan didn't spend much time with the U21s, one season I think befo
Yep, Adnan and Lingard were u21 regulars in the 12/13 season so played with each other quite a bit while Andreas only played 7 minutes that season. Andreas didn't really break through to the u21s until around January of the 13/14 season by which time Lingard was already out on his loans. The age gap between the two means they've never really overlapped.

Glanville95

Timing eh, I think he could have a very strong chance of making it here as he is a decent player, but he's potentially competing against two other players in similar positions who also happen to be our two most talented prospects through the academy.

m1y2

it's never too late for a player to start shining. Coquelin is the example imo, he stepped up when it mattered and Arsenal fans have all of a sudden gem in their team. Shame Lingard won't have such luck in terms of what position he plays and the playing time as he's clearly best as no10 or as one of the most advanced of midfield three which is currently and seems to actually always be the most occupied position in our team.

Anyway good luck to him, he needs now to take every chance he's given. He will get games he's versatile enough. One day he could be used as Young, an experienced always 7/10 player..

Kostur

海尔的老板
Wondering if with his 'natural ability to score' he could play as a striker for us (not first choice of course but still).

LR7

Really? Adnan didn't spend much time with the U21s, one season I think before Moyes called him up. He played there a fair bit last season but Lingard didn't. The season before I wanna say Lingard spent mostly on loan.

Pereira has been with the U21s for what feels like 3 years but maybe it's just two?

Feels like we've been watching him for ages but most of it was in the U18s.

ChaddyP

Greatest united tour player ever:lol: hope he really kicks on and fights his way into the team

Brightonian

Wondering if with his 'natural ability to score' he could play as a striker for us (not first choice of course but still).
Nah, I wouldn't think so. He's not particularly got the attributes of a striker. He's just one of those players who always manages to score lots of goals. Combination of being a very reliable, clinical finisher over a variety of ranges, and having that knack of arriving at the right time and place. Always seems to be the player who scores from the rebound/deflection/loose ball.

Question234

Thinking about it we've also got wilson, pierrera and junazaj knocking on the door for first team football.

if anyone needs a loan it's lingaard

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

Just seen you added stuff, yeah Adnan didn't even really spend a full season in the u21s and his big season there was 12/13 when Lingard was still playing there too. Andreas has played only 1.5 years for the u21s with the odd appearance off the bench before that. Andreas only started to get played once Lingard was already on loan.

Transfermarkt, they have the line-ups for every match.

Thinking about it we've also got wilson, pierrera and junazaj knocking on the door for first team football.

if anyone needs a loan it's lingaard
fecking hell, learn how to spell some names.

NoPace

Considering that basically every bottom half Prem teams uses 2 wide men and that 4-5 and 5-6 assists is considered a fine season for a starting winger (see Bolasie, Yanick), I think Lingard should go on loan. He can put up those numbers and get 30-35 starts and we can see what we have.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
I thought he injected some direct pace and drive into our attack when he came on.
i like him as much as the next guy, but he was on for ten minutes and i don't remember him having the ball more than twice. not much of an opportunity to do anything.

nevertheless, i have a feeling he'll be out on loan this year even if he is 22.

Loublaze

ATLien
Its rumored that LVG is going to sell him...and Bristol City want him for 2.5M. Its the Sun though.

mattsville

Jesse is a great player, intelligence, speed, confidence, no way he will be sold, he will play his part this season.

Walters_19_MuFc

If Van Gaal sells him, then everything he said about giving youth a chance (Lingard's not exactly that young anymore) if they impress on tour is bs. He's arguably been our best player.

Devil may care

It's probably the right time to let him go and get regular football with a settled spot somewhere.

Drifter

American
The Sun and Express have him linked to a move to Bristol City.​

khoazany

Its rumored that LVG is going to sell him...and Bristol City want him for 2.5M. Its the Sun though.
We rejected a 5 mil move for him last summer.

If Van Gaal sells him, then everything he said about giving youth a chance (Lingard's not exactly that young anymore) if they impress on tour is bs. He's arguably been our best player.
Well obviously it's bs.We're filling up our bench with the likes of Matas and quick fixing our XI with Pedro etc so when will Lingard play?

Last edited:

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It isn't "obviously" bullshit - there may be something to it. We should be worried if there is. Schweinsteiger singled him out as quite a talent, so to let him go would seem odd.

Bojan11

Quick fixing?

If he was good enough then he'd play. You also forgotten Pereira is ahead of him also.

He's also going to be 23. He should have by now shown something that he would justify a first team spot and I am not talking about pre season. Three managers have not picked him for the first team. There must be a reason for that.

khoazany

It isn't "obviously" bullshit - there may be something to it. We should be worried if there is. Schweinsteiger singled him out as quite a talent, so to let him go would seem odd.
I'm not saying the rumour is bs...Bristol City might as well have already send their bid.

Quick fixing?

If he was good enough then he'd play. You also forgotten Pereira is ahead of him also.

He's also going to be 23. He should have by now shown something that he would justify a first team spot and I am not talking about pre season. Three managers have not picked him for the first team. There must be a reason for that.
He's a late developer.Fergie has said himself that Lingard will be a first teamer by the time he's 23.Obviously Fergie isn't always right but I only refer to the late development part.Pedro broke through at Barca at the same time, did you ever ask the 21 years old Pedro what had he shown to justify a first team spot?

Pereira has played on the left and middle whilst Lingard played exclusively on the right so far on LVG's system.

Pedro is a quick fix yes.No shame on that though, we need to go for the title this season.

Last edited:

kps88

Comes down to this really. LVG's record has proven he has no problem giving youth a chance as long as they're good enough.

Bojan11

I'm not saying the rumour is bs...Bristol City might as well have already send their bid.

He's a late developer.Fergie has said himself that Lingard will be a first teamer by the time he's 23.Obviously Fergie isn't always right but I only refer to the late development part.Pedro broke through at Barca at the same time, did you ever ask the 21 years old Pedro what had he shown to justify a first team spot?

Pereira has played on the left and middle whilst Lingard played exclusively on the right so far on LVG's system.

Pedro is a quick fix yes.No shame on that though.
Ferguson said a lot of things. Fact is Ferguson did not even give him any minutes in the league cup. Moyes did not give him anything and started Januzaj on the wings. Only LVG started him, when we had injury problems and he got injured himself.

Pedro was 21 also. Two years difference and he also broke through in the greatest ever team. Big difference. And Guardiola knew him very well from the B team, when he coached there.

Like I said, three managers have given him a grand total of one appearance in the first team. So there is something to that.

Smores

We really should be aiming to give the lad a premier league loan first if we're not going to give him first team minutes.

khoazany

Ferguson said a lot of things. Fact is Ferguson did not even give him any minutes in the league cup. Moyes did not give him anything and started Januzaj on the wings. Only LVG started him, when we had injury problems and he got injured himself.

Pedro was 21 also. Two years difference and he also broke through in the greatest ever team. Big difference. And Guardiola knew him very well from the B team, when he coached there.

Like I said, three managers have given him a grand total of one appearance in the first team. So there is something to that.
Did you even read my post?Like I said he's a late developer hence so patience is needed from the managers.Not a big difference from Pedro's case, if Barca bought an older player to play in Pedro's position Pedro wouldn't have make it.For those players who aren't "special youngsters" in the youth team like them opportunities to showcase themselves are very important.

I'm not saying buying Pedro is a wrong thing to do or anything, I think he will be a good player for us but there's always a victim of a transfer and it seems to be Lingard in this case.

Bojan11

Did you even read my post?Like I said he's a late developer hence so patience is needed from the managers.Not a big difference from Pedro's case, if Barca bought an older player to play in Pedro's position Pedro wouldn't have make it.For those players who aren't "special youngsters" in the youth team like them opportunities to showcase themselves are very important.

I'm not saying buying Pedro is a wrong thing to do or anything, I think he will be a good player for us but there's always a victim of a transfer and it seems to be Lingard in this case.
How do you know he's a late developer? Are you mystic meg?

Maybe he's not good enough? You giving me the opinion of a manager, who never gave him one minute of first team football. Great.

Fergie always went overboard with his comments about young players. Just like every manager tends to. He said Phil Jones will be one of our greatest players ever.

The fact is three managers have given him one appearance. Can't you see there is something odd to that? Or are you just going to keep telling me comments Fergie made after pre season.

Victim of transfer? Pedro is replacing Di Maria not Lingard.

One thing you shouldn't question and say it's bs is whether LVG gives youth a chance. He will if you are good enough.

Bwuk

It's now or never tbh.

I think I'd keep him and give him game time. It's not exactly like we'd make much money if we sold him. Knowing us I'd be surprised if we got 3m for him!

ChaddyP

If he doesn't get a prem loan may aswel keep him on hand. A waste in the championship

Gerald G

If he doesn't get a prem loan may aswel keep him on hand. A waste in the championship
This. I highly doubt he will play much this season but I would rather keep him than send him on loan to a Championship side. I would be actively looking to send him on loan to a Premiership side though.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
You really dont have to be psychic to see he's a late developer.

Its pretty simple, he wasn't ready for United's first team before, but now age 22 he is. Everyone who has worked with him knew it would be that age before you saw the best of him due to his physique.

Plenty of room for improvement yet also. He is still 3-5 years away from his peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.