5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

He pops up with a goal or an assist every four or five games and we can talk about this legendary movement off the ball but that's about all the positives i can think of.
When people can only state workrate, running around and movement as positive attributes for an attacking player, alarm bells start to ring.

Robbie Boy

Started 11 of the last 13 games and came off the bench for the other two. Got one goal and no assists in that time which seems about right.
Cue his fans telling you stats don't matter. They only seem to matter for certain players on here, it was the same when Welbeck was here.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Which genius thought 100k per week for him was a good idea?

A squad player type who is not a squad player. A guy who is on money that doesn't reflect his performances of his abilities.

I bet he scores in the Europa final.

AndyJ1985

When people can only state workrate, running around and movement as positive attributes for an attacking player, alarm bells start to ring.
Basically everything that doesn't involve having a ball at his feet he's good at.

Jig1234

How did this guy get a 100k contract. I just don't understand. He is such an average footballer. He is not even a fit to be a squad player at this club. So poor.

Why he starts over Martial all the time I'll never know. One is a game changer who can make things happen. The other just runs around.

Ixion

I think there is a place for him in the squad and he can be useful but he shouldn't be one of our highest paid players and starting 11 out of 13 games. All the other players you could compare him to in the squad, Martial, Mkhitaryan, Mata, Rashford have put up better numbers than him this season. I don't think he should start the EL final but I think he will. Next season he has to contribute more.

Robbie Boy

If he was actually a 'squad player' this thread wouldn't have so much negativity. But right now he's a starter and he should be judged as one.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
If he was actually a 'squad player' this thread wouldn't have so much negativity. But right now he's a starter and he should be judged as one.
You being paid to post anti-Jesse propaganda? Literally 1 negative post by you for every 2 posts in this thread.

FWIW I think he's a good player who will only ever play as good as the team, aka he will never elevate the team's performance on his own.

Same goes for Mkhi, though he's obviously the more talented player...

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't think I have an attacker on the ball that gives me less confidence. Up there with Ton's last season as a RW, maybe even worse.
Every time he has the ball at his feet, my first reaction is I wish it was someone else.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's been absolutely awful since that new contract.

I don't mind the guy being used if we have an injury or somebody needs a rest but to rely on his qualities for goals and assists it's just never going to happen.

Acole9

Outstanding
He did nothing at all today. He needs to get some consistency to his game.

Champagne Football

Being a homegrown is the only reason he was kept. He barely looks above Championship level and I'd say there's plenty of players in the championship who are better than him but he will improve hopefully and you'd hope he can become a half decent squad player eventually. I'd play Fellaini up front in the Europa final with Martial and Rashford as the wide forwards as Lingard and Mkhitaryan have been very poor for a while now

Eddy_JukeZ

Our poor form in attack isn't surprising when Lingaard is a constant starter. Although he's not the only one at fault, he's been a consistent starter lately and continues to fail to impress.

Rajeev

Feck him off next season. He belongs to the Championship. Who gave him a 100k a week contract? The likes of Kane and Alli get almost half as him.

Rajeev

Let's see that trademark tongue out selfie again, Jesse. He's a clown who doesn't have any idea what to do with the ball, can't cross, dribble or shoot even if it's an open goal. But people are going to defend him here saying he has good off the ball movement and is defensively disciplined. What does that matter when you don't know how to play with the ball or do your job attacking wise? Just wait till Jose has Lingard and Fellaini against Ajax in the starting 11 because he wants to be cautious against fecking Ajax. And Lingard gets praised for having a good defensive performance and Fellaini gets applauded for not getting sent off.

Footyislife

People are forgetting he only gets 100k if he hits his performance bonuses. Otherwise I think he's on 75k. Which is still high, but he's English, bleeds red, and is Pogba's best friend.

He's below a squad player talent wise, but if we have to play this clown 75k to keep Pogba happy I don't mind. Just hope he doesn't start next year in the PL or CL (or EL).

Bojan11

People are forgetting he only gets 100k if he hits his performance bonuses. Otherwise I think he's on 75k. Which is still high, but he's English, bleeds red, and is Pogba's best friend.

He's below a squad player talent wise, but if we have to play this clown 75k to keep Pogba happy I don't mind. Just hope he doesn't start next year in the PL or CL (or EL).
What? I'm sure Pogba can find new friends. He did well without him at Juve for three years.

Ridiculous lengths people go to defend him. We should keep him because his best friends with Pogba. :lol:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Thing is we can't get rid now because of his stupid contract, no other team would be idiotic enough to pay a championship player 100k a week

stevoc

He did nothing at all today. He needs to get some consistency to his game.
To be fair i think his level of performance has been quite consistent. How he played today is how he has plays in the vast majority of his games.

It's not like he has one good game then one bad. The impressive performances are there but there is only ever 1 or 2 of them every 10 games.

el3mel

I don't think he can score a goal even if he's 5 yards away from the goal. He really needs to work on his on-ball things if he wants to become a proper footballer. His work rate is good but at this rate it'll never be enough.

Oscie

I don't see what he adds. He isn't the only player to be poor lately, but even when players are poor it's usually quite obvious what they're good at. When Martial is playing badly and not beating his man and not getting the shot away, you can tell that when he is playing well he'd be beating his man and getting his shot away. When Carrick's passing range is misfiring you can tell that when he regains form his passing will be back to its best. And so on.

With Lingard it's genuinely hard to tell, even if he does end up having a good game, what it is he'd actually end up doing. He's just....there. Might as well be that soggy tied-up bag of lettuce you inexplicably get sent whenever you order take-away from any variety of Asian-based food restaurants. You see it there, but you never know what the point of it is. Yet every time without fail it turns up.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I don't think he can score a goal even if he's 5 yards away from the goal. He really needs to work on his on-ball things if he wants to become a proper footballer. His work rate is good but at this rate it'll never be enough.
Except he scores spectacular goals every once in a while with precise finishing :lol:

Lingard is a barometer for whether your club is ready to win the title. The more he plays the less likely you are to have the quality to win the title. He should be an impact sub that gives you some legs on the wings or midfield and scores the odd goal. Not your primary threat from wide areas.

Gerald G

I don't see what he adds. He isn't the only player to be poor lately, but even when players are poor it's usually quite obvious what they're good at. When Martial is playing badly and not beating his man and not getting the shot away, you can tell that when he is playing well he'd be beating his man and getting his shot away. When Carrick's passing range is misfiring you can tell that when he regains form his passing will be back to its best. And so on.

With Lingard it's genuinely hard to tell, even if he does end up having a good game, what it is he'd actually end up doing. He's just....there. Might as well be that soggy tied-up bag of lettuce you inexplicably get sent whenever you order take-away from any variety of Asian-based food restaurants. You see it there, but you never know what the point of it is. Yet every time without fail it turns up.
:lol: quite accurate

el3mel

Except he scores spectacular goals every once in a while with precise finishing :lol:

Lingard is a barometer for whether your club is ready to win the title. The more he plays the less likely you are to have the quality to win the title. He should be an impact sub that gives you some legs on the wings or midfield and scores the odd goal. Not your primary threat from wide areas.
These goals in community shield and against Boro look so bizarre compared to the sitter he misses each game :lol:

Oscie

If Lingard had a good game, what would he be doing?

Beating players and having lots of chances? Getting to the line and whipping in cross after cross and creating?

What? Because I don't think I've ever, ever seen him do that. Even when he has one of his 'Feck you haterz, he scored!' appearances, I don't think he's ever done that form a platform of having what you'd objectively call a good game. Astonishing that after 80+ appearances for the first team I don't think we actually know what kind of player he is. Maybe we're all way off and what he actually is is a frustrated defensive midfielder. But for someone that could be vaguely termed 'attacking' player, he has seldom really ever shown any talent in that respect, at least as a senior player.

G-manc

I'm also struggling to read his strengths. It's seems pundits think it's his movement off the ball. He's one of the worst players i've ever seen for fading in a game because he can't technically influence it once his energy dies down after half an hour. Nailed on substitution if he starts.

Right-footed Kieran Richardson.

Status
Not open for further replies.