5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral United

For my part. I've seen no indication that he's a squad player. Ever since he broke into the team he's been first choice.
Its just Preseason, and our lots of players missing, I doubt we will see him first choice, unless he is doing something very well in practice.

Last edited:

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't think he's good enough to be a squad player really. Not if we want to be challenging for the league, can you imagine him at Chelsea, City or Arsenal? I certainly can't. He gets into good positions but his conversion rate is diabolical. I wouldn't want him coming off the bench. If he does well this season I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong but I highly doubt it.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Needs to improve his finishing. We need him to start taking his chances this season. I know he's scored a few but he's missing too many chances.

Lawman

I wasn't wrong at all about Willian is overrated in this forum. To think that there are someone said Willian is very good player and class player.
I don't see much wrong with someone saying that. Right now he'd walk into our team.

Lawman

I'm not saying you are wrong but if we consider Chelsea as a top 6, I can see him fighting 50:50 for a spot with Willian at Chelsea.
Do behave hazard and Willian are far better players.

JoaquinJoaquin

You do realise that the rest of the players were so poor today not only Lingard. Dortmund had the advantage in term of match fitness. People need to calm down. It's a pre season. When he plays well, people are hiding, when he's underperformed because of fitness people are shooting at him.
So what was the excuse for 35 games last season then?

Mike09

Your initial post was just odd. Why would people come in here after a match against Wigan and praise a player that by all accounts didn't do anything exceptional (from what I heard). I mean, he will obviously be judged more and talked about more against better opposition, is that not natural, no? I have already said I didn't see the Wigan game; if you watched it, could you tell me what he done that people should have been talking about?

I assumed you were a wee bit upset after this line:

Then I stated that people were criticizing him in the Lingard thread as it is a thread about is performances. Other players were criticized in their respective threads.
:lol:
The number of posts he got for Wigan game was so much less than the number of posts he got against Dortmund.
Do you even read? You know how selfish you are? Nothing odd about my post, it's true he got less post. I don't see any complain on that post. And I found this funny so just because you don't find this funny doesn't mean you can be selfish to stop people laugh. You need to chill mate, you are taking this so seriously. I came here for peace, and you ruined it with your selfishness ffs.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Finishing is dire. The thing that lets him down the most. Not sure how many times last season he missed sitters.

JoaquinJoaquin

How come last season games has something to do with pre season games?
Well as you sounded genuinely shocked that Lingard was criticised for another sub-par performance, like it was a rarity. Thought I'd remind you about his prior games.

No one said anything about the Wigan game because he had an average game, didn't do anything wrong nor did he really contribute anything meaningful either.

Look, I'm really wanted to be proved wrong by this guy, and want him to become good, but unless he has a sudden huge turnaround in the next few weeks I just cannot see it as he is just a very mediocre player and one who is very lucky to still be here.

Mike09

Well as you sounded genuinely shocked that Lingard was criticised for another sub-par performance, like it was a rarity. Thought I'd remind you about his prior games.

No one said anything about the Wigan game because he had an average game, didn't do anything wrong nor did he really contribute anything meaningful either.

Look, I'm really wanted to be proved wrong by this guy, and want him to become good, but unless he has a sudden huge turnaround in the next few weeks I just cannot see it as he is just a very mediocre player and one who is very lucky to still be here.
I don't find it shock he got criticism. I'm fine with it.

Glanville95

I'd like us to keep him in a squad capacity. Not like I'm a huge fan at all, but I think he's capable of further improvement and fine-tuning his finishing - which is admittedly diabolical at times. Half decent player though and another player for the homegrown quota of course.

as-95

Do behave. Hazard is far better than Willian.
Based on their performance's last season, you could argue otherwise. Willian was Chelsea's player of the season and carried his team at times last season.

Nonetheless, your attempt to dodge his statement with your comment is.blatant. As @Lawman said, Hazard and Willian are far better players than Lingard so he is well within his rights in suggesting that you should behave yourself.

Mike09

Based on their performance's last season, you could argue otherwise. Willian was Chelsea's player of the season and carried his team at times last season.

Nonetheless, your attempt to dodge his statement with your comment is.blatant. As @Lawman said, Hazard and Willian are far better players than Lingard so he is well within his rights in suggesting that you should behave yourself.
With Willian as Chelsea's player of the season showed how poor the rest of the players. That's why they finished 10th. Nothing to be called top class or very good by becoming best player with a club who finished 10th. With that performance last season, Lingard would have walk in on that Chelsea squad last season.

Lawman

With Willian as Chelsea's player of the season showed how poor the rest of the players. That's why they finished 10th. Nothing to be called top class or very good by becoming best player with a club who finished 10th. With that performance last season, Lingard would have walk in on that Chelsea squad last season.
I keep looking for the white text buddy but either you're a wum or we just having massively differing opinions which is fine so I'll leave it at that.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Squad player at best, shouldn't be nowhere near first 11 if we're serious about challenging for top spot.

Mike09

I keep looking for the white text buddy but either you're a wum or we just having massively differing opinions which is fine so I'll leave it at that.
Basically Willian was the player of the season because everyone else had worse season, he's nothing special. The same thing on Lingard, he was the first choice right winger because everyone else worse at right wing. Why is it so hard to understand this.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
He's been told he won't be a regular starter next season, according to Ducker, so that's good enough for me.

Djemba-Djemba

He's been told he won't be a regular starter next season, according to Ducker, so that's good enough for me.
Hopefully that's true.

He's a very average player, but he might be fine being a backup option. With the Europa League he should still get game time.

AndyJ1985

No surprise there. He's no where near good enough to be a regular starter. I don't expect him to feature much in the league; mostly just league cup and Europa.

Lawman

Basically Willian was the player of the season because everyone else had worse season, he's nothing special. The same thing on Lingard, he was the first choice right winger because everyone else worse at right wing. Why is it so hard to understand this.
You are not reading the original post Mike and whatever you are saying, basically into Lingard is not good enough to be a regular. Willian on the other hand is.

Mike09

You are not reading the original post Mike and whatever you are saying, basically into Lingard is not good enough to be a regular. Willian on the other hand is.
Whatever. It's either you are overratting Willian or im underrating Willian. I'm shocked.

Robbie Boy

Whatever. It's either you are overratting Willian or im underrating Willian. I'm shocked.
If you think Lingard is comparable to Willian, then you're not just underrating Willian but massively overrating Lingard.

Mike09

If you think Lingard is comparable to Willian, then you're not just underrating Willian but massively overrating Lingard.
I don't even rate Lingard. And I don't even rate both Lingard and Willian. You are the one who overratting Willian in my view which I already said majority on this forum.

Robbie Boy

I don't even rate Lingard. And I don't even rate both Lingard and Willian. You are the one who overratting Willian in my view which I already said majority on this forum.
Haha hilarious, I don't even rate Willian particularly highly. He's a good player but I wouldn't particularly want him here. I don't rate Lingard, that's the thing.

Mike09

Haha hilarious, I don't even rate Willian particularly highly. He's a good player but I wouldn't particularly want him here. I don't rate Lingard, that's the thing.
Haha very hilarious, you rated him as a "very good player" before, and now you called him "good player". Don't deny with the fact that you rated him as a very good player. That's overratting for Willian.

Robbie Boy

Haha very hilarious, you rated him as a "very good player" before, and now you called him "good player". Don't deny with the fact that you rated him as a very good player. That's overratting for Willian.
Very good at what he does, yes. Would I want him here? No. No, overrating is you implying that Lingard is a superior player. That should be obvious given how many people have called you out on it. I get it Mike, you're a Lingard fan. I just don't see it.

Lawman

Baffling that everyone can see it bar one poster.
One poster who has backtracked and turned the Lingard should not be a regular debate into he is better than Willian who in his opinion is not that great anyhow.

Mike09

Very good at what he does, yes. Would I want him here? No. No, overrating is you implying that Lingard is a superior player. That should be obvious given how many people have called you out on it. I get it Mike, you're a Lingard fan. I just don't see it.
When did I say Lingard is a superior player? Do you even read? I don't even rate Lingard, you are just making things up trying to argue with me. You know you shouldn't drag this too long and clearly the post I replied has nothing to do with you.

One thing I know for sure that you are selfish who likes to argue with people! Not a good hobby Mr Robbie. All I have been saying is Lingard will put a challenge to Willian. If you think by saying that I'm implying Lingard as a superior player, in that case you think Willian is a superior player and again overratting the player when clearly hesn't not even superior. Not even considered to be very good even in a category what he does there are more players better than him for what he does. He won't even stand a chance on United 2007-2009 side (Ronaldo, Giggs, Park, Nani). Not even in Chelsea (Joe Cole, Robben, Duff, Gudjohnsen)

Mike09

One poster who has backtracked and turned the Lingard should not be a regular debate into he is better than Willian who in his opinion is not that great anyhow.
Another guy who likes to make things up. Quote it! When did I say he is better than Willian? So is this what the issue has been? People think I said Lingard is better? :lol: oh dear me if only they read.

Robbie Boy

When did I say Lingard is a superior player? Do you even read? I don't even rate Lingard, you are just making things up trying to argue with me. You know you shouldn't drag this too long and clearly the post I replied has nothing to do with you.

One thing I know for sure that you are selfish who likes to argue with people! Not a good hobby Mr Robbie. All I have been saying is Lingard will put a challenge to Willian. If you think by saying that I'm implying Lingard as a superior player, in that case you think Willian is a superior player and again overratting the player when clearly hesn't not even superior. Not even considered to be very good even in a category what he does there are more players better than him for what he does. He won't even stand a chance on United 2007-2009 side (Ronaldo, Giggs, Park, Nani). Not even in Chelsea (Joe Cole, Robben, Duff, Gudjohnsen)
Christ :lol:

Robbie Boy

The argument changes by the second. It's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.