Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Ok fair enough mate, just seemed like thats what you were trying to say with this post. I think thats his best chance at a future with United long term also, impact player off the bench.
I'm just amazed at how little credit he's getting for it to be honest. It more seemed like people bit their tongues for a few weeks because they didn't like that it was him who scored the goal.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Why are you lot talking about Willian? If you want him here start a new Transfer forum thread. The legitimate player comparisons are Lingard's current competitors: Young, etc.

Why does every thread on this forum have to be a transfer thread?
Im more interested about how people find the time to watch so much football that they are experts on the qualities of other teams players. Apart from our own I see them about twice a season, when we play them. :lol:

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
It was great to see him play in his best position even though it didnt last long, thankfully he was allowed to roam more when he moved back to the right so it didnt affect his game much.....not sure if people are aware that he is constantly playing in his worst position of the three.

FujiVice

He was quite busy to today. He'll get his chances this season. Would love to see him do well for us.

JackXX

He's a great player to have. I prefer him to plenty that we have spent large amounts of £ on. Underrated.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm a big critic but he was good today, let's hope he keeps it up this season.

Devil may care

He does a lot of things very well, just needs a bit more composure in the final moment.

JoaquinJoaquin

Yeah, thought he was our brightest player tonight. But you're right, more would rather slate him it seems.
Now this is why people sometimes take their criticism of him too far, as the praise gets overdone to. He was good today, but brightest is stretching it a bit.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He developed a lot and is better player than I thought he will ever be. Not sure it's enough to be a starter but I'd play him over Miki on current form.

as-95

6.5 out of 10 performance. Energetic and buzzed around with good movement but lacked an end product of any sort. Broke down a number of attacks with his side passes aswell. Desperately needs to learn how to use his left foot and to make forward passes.

People being pleased with his performance just shows how low our standards have slipped. A winger that cannot beat his man will never be United quality unless they have Beckham-esque end product. Will l be shocked if he is still here next season.

Acole9

Outstanding
Played well tonight, he made some good runs on to Zlatan's lay offs.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Now this is why people sometimes take their criticism of him too far, as the praise gets overdone to. He was good today, but brightest is stretching it a bit.
That's a weird reason to take your criticism of him so far...

stevoc

He did well tonight, it won't happen with Martial and Depay but i think he might be pretty effective coming in from the left.

Gerald G

He makes great runs off the ball and is an intelligent player. He will be a good squad player.

JoaquinJoaquin

That's a weird reason to take your criticism of him so far...
I didn't say that applied to me did I? I was saying why I can understand why perhaps some do. I feel my criticisms of him are often justified, as is the praise I have given him for the last 2 games. I said at the start of Summer I hope he knuckles down under Jose and so far so good. Long may it continue..

Lawman

6.5 out of 10 performance. Energetic and buzzed around with good movement but lacked an end product of any sort. Broke down a number of attacks with his side passes aswell. Desperately needs to learn how to use his left foot and to make forward passes.

People being pleased with his performance just shows how low our standards have slipped. A winger that cannot beat his man will never be United quality unless they have Beckham-esque end product. Will l be shocked if he is still here next season.
Agree decent squad filler but nowhere near good enough as a regular starter.

CG1010

Played well today. If we are insisting on playing 4-2-3-1, we could maybe have him at RW and push Mikhi at #10 to replace Rooney at a later stage of the season, when it becomes obvious that Rooney isn't up to it.

m1y2

so now subjectively analyze Martial and Micky's performances, they were a level below Lingard... it's not like every wide palyer has to be incredible dribbler and try to go past player on every occasion you need also palyers who are consistently making runs playing, one twos, creating space etc, rather than lose the ball with every attempt to create something...

I am not praising him for being ineffective what he can certainly be and he deserved 6.5/10 like you say for today's game but at least he looks like one of the consistent performers, capable of doing job and he scored some nice goals last season as well, he's a good poacher and with good service and movement around him we could utilise him more and obviously he's not a winger more of a no10, despite that he's done pretty well.. in addition to that Martial started also as a striker but was well converted but in the and may lack the consistency being developed as a striker, Miki also spend his career more in the middle iirc but his best season came from the right wing last season so we ill see how next season how the wide player situation turns out.. I think we should sign another clear winger like Mahrez who can consistently beat players...

redflair

He's got to work and work and work at his runs into the box and his finishing.

But there have always been sign of a Freddie Ljungberg or a Frank Lampard hiding away somewhere deep in those wobbly Warrington legs.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Agree decent squad filler but nowhere near good enough as a regular starter.
Aye, I think that's the majority's assessment of him, but here's to hoping we're proven wrong though! After all, not everyone's development trajectory is the same and SAF did say Lingard will be a late developer.

Lawman

Aye, I think that's the majority's assessment of him, but here's to hoping we're proven wrong though! After all, not everyone's development trajectory is the same and SAF did say Lingard will be a late developer.
Yep Fletcher was the same but it's Lingards end product that needs to improve dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.