5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

redIndianDevil

Good sides need a mix of players with different attributes. There is a reason that diverse managers - first Van Gaal, then Mourinho, now Southgate for England - keep selecting him. He works hard and has a really good football iq, in that he understands movement, space, and how his movement can affect other things on the pitch. He doesn't have a lot of talent with the ball at his feet, and he'll always be a complementary player rather than a star man for that reason, but its a testament to his determination that he has come this far despite those limitations.
Also a common theme amongst those three are a lack of decent attacking football from their teams.

Micky Targaryen

I'm convinced that some posters on here genuinely want some of our players to flop just so they can prove a point. The ones who pops up in threads just to say "I told you so" when a player underperforms, and vanishes instantly when said player has done brilliantly. Not so different from RAWK really.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm convinced that some posters on here genuinely want some of our players to flop just so they can prove a point. The ones who pops up in threads just to say "I told you so" when a player underperforms, and vanishes instantly when said player has done brilliantly. Not so different from RAWK really.
It's tediously cringe.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's pretty damn apparent.

Kostov

I don't know why people are so worked up over Lingard's performance last night. It is what it is, we know what you can expect from him, only people that get caught in the overrating from some United fans will be disappointed. He is a good player with his uses, but not a starter for a team like we pretend to be, you can't expect to win a PL title and rely on Lingard to lead your attack.

Alfie092

Decent game, nothing too spectacular but I guess that was the same for majority of the England players.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Apart of his off the ball movement , He isn't actually good in anything else.
Apart from the obvious... his long range shooting?

In regards to last night, I thought he played alright, working hard off the ball - but there was a lack of creativity up front from all the attackers.

Verminator

Was trying one twos and not getting the ball back.
For someone who prefers him to Alli, I think Alli has been pretty good until last night, where you can tell injury was causing him a problem. Sterling however, everything stops with him. A complete waste of a shirt, and England need to change that to get the best out of Jesse and Kane.

Siorac

As so often, he was good off the ball and pretty bad on it. Hopefully he'll score another screamer against Sweden, he's definitely good at that.

drdoityourself

He gets into some good positions, particularly behind the full backs. His descision making once he's received the ball in those positions is what lets him down. He often turns back and doesn't have the knack to find a player in the box, so he's missing too many opportunities too create goals and results with his fantastic movement.

He's a strange player, so intelligent movement but still lacking awareness to create for others.

SerenityValley

Lingard's work rate against Colombia was just awesome.

Distance covered - 15.3 kms. Next best was Henderson - 14.2 kms
Sprints - 60, next best was Trippier with 48
Top speed - 33.52 km/hr, Walker also clocked same speed.

https://resources.fifa.com/image/up...-pdf-2981796.pdf?cloudid=salcaolmwrdmmyd4r47d
Yeah but with walker, that will have been him chasing back after practically putting the Colombians through on goal.

Every England team needs a Man Utd scapegoat. Sad that so many Utd fans have pre-selected Lingard to make it easier for the great unwashed when the inevitable happens.

redIndianDevil

He gets into some good positions, particularly behind the full backs. His descision making once he's received the ball in those positions is what lets him down. He often turns back and doesn't have the knack to find a player in the box, so he's missing too many opportunities too create goals and results with his fantastic movement.

He's a strange player, so intelligent movement but still lacking awareness to create for others.
I don't think it's that, he doesn't have the technique for incisive passing in the final third.

Adam-Utd

I don't think it's that, he doesn't have the technique for incisive passing in the final third.
Of course he does :lol: he's not even talking about difficult passes, just quick decision making and finding a pass to a players feet, rather than just kicking it into an area.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Well said.

buchansleftleg

Yeah but with walker, that will have been him chasing back after practically putting the Colombians through on goal.

Every England team needs a Man Utd scapegoat. Sad that so many Utd fans have pre-selected Lingard to make it easier for the great unwashed when the inevitable happens.
I think Lingard was immense in that game and covered up a lot of other peoples mistakes. Alli offered very little so Lingard was covering more territory than he should have. He got Walker out of jail when he bombed forward and lost possession - Colombia was launching a massive counter attack and had us completely outmanned and Jesse got in a crucial tackle that even they could not complain about.

If Sterling can pick the right option more then I think Jesse will get more of an opportunity to score. If Alli is fit he will have more chance to make runs and contribute. If they are both misfiring then Jesse will have to decide carefully when to supplement the attack.

Brightonian

He's been the most consistent of the creative three. Sterling was worthless until the Colombia game when I actually thought he looked pretty good, dangerous and maybe unlucky not to get a goal. Alli's been off at the boil, almost certainly because of the injury, which he definitely seems to be carrying still. Jesse's been pretty good throughout aside from those missed chances in the first game. Generally involved in any good attacking football we produce.

redIndianDevil

Of course he does :lol: he's not even talking about difficult passes, just quick decision making and finding a pass to a players feet, rather than just kicking it into an area.
He is always receiving the ball in movement, he doesn't have the touch or control to make a smart pass, that's why he is making hurried passes in the final third. He knows the presence of his teammate, he has the awareness but lacks the technique to pick the pass.

AR87

Lingard's work rate against Colombia was just awesome.

Distance covered - 15.3 kms. Next best was Henderson - 14.2 kms
Sprints - 60, next best was Trippier with 48
Top speed - 33.52 km/hr, Walker also clocked same speed.

https://resources.fifa.com/image/up...-pdf-2981796.pdf?cloudid=salcaolmwrdmmyd4r47d
That's what I figured when I watched the match. He struggled in the attacking third when put into promising positions, but his workrate over 120 minutes was immense.

afrocentricity

He is always receiving the ball in movement, he doesn't have the touch or control to make a smart pass, that's why he is making hurried passes in the final third. He knows the presence of his teammate, he has the awareness but lacks the technique to pick the pass.
If you believe this its no wonder you and others are flabbergasted by his continued inclusion. Bollocks tho, as Adam said, we aren't talking about difficult intricate passing here.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It works both ways to be fair and it annoys me greatly. I’m not a lover but the kid is doing well but then you get all the @Lawman shite. I hope he’s our best player next year but I have serious reservations about that but I can always hope. If he is I’ll be made up more than anyone but I just don’t see it.

welshwingwizard

Ever since pundits have been saying how important he is with his movement i have tried to watch him instead of the ball.

He has been everywhere today and is just underutilised by England especially with sterling's headless chicken approach.

He is always stretching play and finding space. I think he is one of those players that needs to be in a team with intelligent players to really be valuable. Hopefully fred will aid in that and Pog kicks on from his current form.

Fer

It's only Sweden they will tell us.

Sweden played a role in Italy, Netherlands and Germany not being here still at this tournament.
What did they do to have Germany out of the World cup?

SSSSnake

This lad is incredible. Hopefully his consistancy, hard work and assist/goals have won a few over.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Dab on them in Moscow Jesse. Love this lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.