Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How many goals has he scored since his purple patch ended last January?
Last was in February. But he is attacker. That is not his job. People say that his job is to mark oppo full back. Seems to me that i suck in football. I always thought that winger must beat a player, score goals, assist....

Walters_19_MuFc

People underestimate what a player like Lingard and Mata do to the team.

When one of them don't play, we lose the link in attack.

Sanchez, Martial and Rashford are all dribblers. Having them all in attack, whilst it can be good on the counter, means we lose that link in attack and often attacks break down or can't find that pass in between the lines.

Actually, if anyone noticed, it kind of went to pot when Rashford came on for Lingard on the wing. We didn't really conjure up attacks. Rashford is more of a on the last man/run in behind players, whereas Lingard will drop and give that extra option in midfield.

Mourinho then brought on Mata for Sanchez, put Rashford up top and Mata as a roaming winger.

Now, if you look at Juventus, their Lingard/Mata is Cuadrado.

Cuardrado was dropping off all the time, and was the link between midfield and attack.

Whilst Lingard may not do this at the level of Cuadrado, he still gives us that link and finds intelligent positions on the pitch, allowing us to keep the ball better.

He was a big reason as to why we were able to keep the ball better today.

Djemba-Djemba

Last was in February. But he is attacker. That is not his job. People say that his job is to mark oppo full back. Seems to me that i suck in football. I always thought that winger must beat a player, score goals, assist....
He's not scored since February?

fecking hell that's dreadful

Devil may care

Didn't offer a lot on the ball but aided Sanchez in some decent pressing of Juve's two aging CB's.

Utdstar01

He's sunk back into his ways of just being too passive when he has the tools to be more adventurous but he just doesn't really do it that often.

JoaquinJoaquin

He isn't good enough to start for a top team, that's the simple fact. He is very lucky that he gets an easy ride when it comes to criticism from our fans and the media.

Davicho

He doesnt have the quality in the final third to be a attacking player for a top club. As simple as that. If he doesnt adapt into a more box to box role or a wingback he will end at everton or west ham in a few years.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He doesnt have the quality in the final third to be a attacking player for a top club. As simple as that. If he doesnt adapt into a more box to box role or a wingback he will end at Everton or West Ham in a few years.
He never had it. He has one good game and then many pointless games. People overrate him massively. His stats as an attacking player are miserable

gajender

We could but who will pay his wages? He has 160-190k. He is ours next 3-4 years
Our club has made few mistakes lately but I don't think even they are morons enough to offer Lingard 160-190 k, he is squad player at best not a chance he is on these kind of wages.

UncleBob

Which min was that ?

edit: this it ?
:lol:

All he's supposed to do there is play the ball to Sanchez and then make himself available for a new pass while sprinting towards goal.

I still think he serves a purpose at the club, but should be on the bench more often than he is.

drdoityourself

Homegrown and a local lad, but other than that his style isn't what I've seen from other homegrowns.
He settles for the sideways pass far to often. And in the second half he picked up the ball in midfield, Young came forward with acres of space infront of him, but Lingard played it slow and straight at him.
Might seem I'm nitpicking but it sums him up for me, that ball should have been played in front of Young with the intent to attack.

United have settled on a 4-3-3 formation. An extra midfielder puts even more creative responsibilty on the front three.

He can play behind the striker, but I feel there is no place for him in this system.

Kostov

:lol:

These posts

His movement as always was great and Juve had trouble picking him up in that first half, he's barely played this season so it's understandable that he wasn't quite at it in attack but he's done enough to start at the weekend given he's the best fit for the right wing and can actually trouble Mendy
If that is enough and the best fit for our RW, it would be better to play without one. That was dreadful attacking wise. Alex Sandro the Juventus LEFT BACK offers more with the ball than Lingard, and that's laughable.

Robbie Boy

He's a terrible winger and always has been. He plays his best stuff in behind the striker.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If that is enough and the best fit for our RW, it would be better to play without one. That was dreadful attacking wise. Alex Sandro the Juventus LEFT BACK offers more with the ball than Lingard, and that's laughable.
It's not laughable at all Sandro is one of the best LB's in the world and genuinely world class in that position and he's so good going forward he's actually played LW a fair bit for Juventus as well

Last night was obviously the first time you've seen Sandro

Kostov

It's not laughable at all Sandro is one of the best LB's in the world and genuinely world class in that position and he's so good going forward he's actually played LW a fair bit for Juventus as well

Last night was obviously the first time you've seen Sandro
:lol::lol:

Yeah, you got me there, it's the first time I've seen Sandro, and I'm shocked that our number 10/winger is a worse attacker than him. Maybe you should be also.

Johan07

We dont really play with conventional wingers though. Mourinho has always preferred inverted wingers in his teams. We dont play like City or Barca where the wingers are supposed to provide the width in possession.
That said; even playing in this system he is not at his best there, I agree on that. In my mind , in this system he should fight over the other #8 spot besides Pogba.
I think he did really well for England in what was a much more central role. But also in a much more possession-oriented setup which helps his game a lot.
I rate Jesse and I have no idea what people are on about saying we couldnt transfer him for 20m. He would do better in a more possession-oriented system, playing more centrally though IMO. How we play now is not really to his strengths, regardless which position he is asked to fill.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
:lol::lol:

Yeah, you got me there, it's the first time I've seen Sandro, and I'm shocked that our number 10/winger is a worse attacker than him. Maybe you should be also.
I'm not shocked no, Sandro is one of the best in the world in that position. Lingard is not. The fact we need a proper RW isn't something new, we've needed one for best part of 10 years

Kostov

I'm not shocked no, Sandro is one of the best in the world in that position. Lingard is not. The fact we need a proper RW isn't something new, we've needed one for best part of 10 years
Sandro is one of the best in the world in his position of LB. Our attacker Lingard who should be providing goals and assist not being of the same footballing talent is shocking and laughable. However you put it, no matter where he plays, he is an average football player, and one of the main reasons why we are poor in scoring goals is exactly that. Average footballer played in crucial position in our attack. That can be affordable if we were some lesser club, but we are not. Lingard is not good enough neither as a RW nor anywhere else to be fair.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He got injured, we started to play well. He comes back, we play shit. He comes out, we win.
If you are going to start claiming things like this, then you have to also go the other way to be fair.

As a full 90 minutes today, with him in there, it was a far better performance than any other 90 minute match we've played while he was injured. Every single match while he was injured we played like absolute trash in the first half. Every match it's actually been embarrassing how bad we've been in the first half. We've been entirely reliant on coming out and being able to turn it around in the second half, and thankfully we've done that in the last five matches. This match against Juventus was the first time since he got injured that we actually played decently well for a full match (barring the 10 minute period directly after their goal).

Do I actually think having him in there is what changed that fact and allowed us to have an acceptable first half? No. But I also don't agree with your claim of us supposedly starting to play well because he was out of the team, so it's only fair to make the counter-claim.

el3mel

That's his own level. He's terribly average and nothing player. It's our fault that we're starting him not his tbh.

Stadjer

JLingz :houllier:

Just lacks the talent to play for a club like United. He only earns 100k a week because he is a 'local lad' but if he played for Bournemouth nobody would want him at Manchester United.

marktan

Disgrace of a player. How the hell he gets starts at this club I'll never know.
He's a nothing player, the fact that he plays for us regularly reflects incredibly poorly on Jose. Aside from running around a lot he has no useful skill on the ball.

Really stealing a salary from us.

dove

Just like Jones, surely he cannot believe his luck he is still a Manchester United player.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
For those posters that ridiculed me during his 1 month purple patch. I said let’s see him do it consistently. Well he does do it consistently but what he does is what he has done for his entire career and that is waste a shirt. Get shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.