g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jesse Lingard image 14

Jesse Lingard England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stadjer

Second goal was a bad kick from DDG but i dont understand how a 100k Manchester United starter cant control a ball.

I would expect stuff like that when i watch a Eredivisie game.. not a Manchester United game.

Maybe the next JLingz challenge should be about controlling the bal and passing the ball to a teammate..

JoaquinJoaquin

To be fair his good period of form happened to be the only period of matches he's had for us as a #10. His form then dropped off the instant we started playing a 433 and he was pushed further back into a three man midfield, and then nose-dived entirely when he was moved back out to the right.

If we were going to continue playing 4231 he'd have a decent shot at claiming that spot again. Unfortunately for him we don't normally use a #10 anymore, and as such he simply doesn't provide enough anywhere else.
Let's be honest though, he isn't good enough at #10 either for a team that wants to win things.

Mick321

He's not very good, no one would take any notice of him if he was at a Bournemouth or Burnley. He's very average.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Im not sure why he’s started. You saw he was no where near match fit in the last game. Sanchez and mata would have easily been a better choice. Lingard at his best does offer a good option on the right but the condition he was in today should not be held against him.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
But but Saf said, he’d come good, in his mid 20s... Yes just like saf said, he left us a great defence that drew with West Brom 5-5 and a great manager from Everton!!

Saf left us with a shocking squad by no value transfer window after transfer window and doing deals like saving £5m on signing kagawa instead of hazard !!

The reason why we have needed to spend so big, goes back to the years where the glazers took over and we got fed the no value in the market!!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He has never been good enough for a club with our aspirations. I followed him in our youth and reserves and he never impressed as far as having the potential to play in the first 11. He was crap when we sent him him out on loan too. I was amazed he wasn't sold on afew years ago.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I imagined him turning into a Pedro style player for us, unfortunately he's getting worse on the ball with every passing season. He needs to be moved onto some mid-table side which is his level.

DocRockter

Give the lad some time, now with England he'll get some good practices and maybe some minutes thus coming back 100%..

Djemba-Djemba

He's painfully average.

He shouldn't be starting big games like this but recruitment has been such a disgrace for so long we're left having to stick him on the wing.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He is a squad player at best, don't know what people are expecting him to do against a world class team like City. It's like Cleverley all over again, there was a ceiling to his quality yet people kept accepting greater things from him.

Only started today because both Lukaku and Sanchez are coming from minor injuries while Mata was too slow for the setup, don't blame him.

Kostov

This is what happens when you tolerate mediocrity. Jose awarded that pathetic display vs Juventus with a starting spot for the derby. Well fecking done you moron.

Bwuk

Seriously, if Lingard played for someone like Burnley, there would be no-one clamouring for us to sign him.

Out wide he offers nothing. If he’s not going to play centrally just don’t bother.

Boycott

On his clothing website it sells itself based on his "iconic celebration".

The iconic celebration which has been used once in the last eight months - for England against Panama.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Can't wait to see his weekly "iconic goal celebration"

Say it again, as I've said it so many times...10 years ago, he'd have played a game in the league cup and would then be loaned out, never to be heard of again.

The fact a player of his quality, is acceptable towards any manager, the board and the fans is a disgrace!

"He makes other players play better"....How exactly? By being shit?

mewnew11

Im not sure why he’s started. You saw he was no where near match fit in the last game. Sanchez and Mata would have easily been a better choice. Lingard at his best does offer a good option on the right but the condition he was in today should not be held against him.
Even when match fit he is ultra shit. Stop defending JL. It's embarrasing

Sylar

His best games for us have been behind striker. Dont get why we play him out wide right except maybe his pace.

Devil may care

I can see why Mourinho started with him as he was looking for the pace all across the front 3 on the counter, but Lingard hasn't found any form this season so far.

Patrick08

I can see why Mourinho started with him as he was looking for the pace all across the front 3 on the counter, but Lingard hasn't found any form this season so far.
Pace across front three, is of no use when you cant even win the ball and pass it forward quickly:D.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
I don't think Lingard is very pacy. He regularly gets caught by defenders on the counter.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
But but Saf said, he’d come good, in his mid 20s... Yes just like saf said, he left us a great defence that drew with West Brom 5-5 and a great manager from Everton!!

Saf left us with a shocking squad by no value transfer window after transfer window and doing deals like saving £5m on signing Kagawa instead of hazard !!

The reason why we have needed to spend so big, goes back to the years where the glazers took over and we got fed the no value in the market!!
Oh dear.

Jeffthered

What a screamer for England. Needs to play centrally or not play at all.
It's typical Lindgard. Score a great goal against average opposition.

The guy is a bit of a charlatan, and as United fans, we have seen enough of this to know it means not much at all.

He is inconsistent, and ineffective in the majority of games. You have to really think about critical impacts for United.

He's all dancing and fun for England, because no one really expects England to actually win anything. That's just being honest.

He is an experienced player, who still plays like a kid learning the game. He does not lead, or inspire, at all.

Where does he play? What is his role...ball-winner, goal-scorer, passer, leader on the park?

None of them.

An annoying player, with talent, who has had everything at United, but doesn't really seem to want to be a top, top player. Does he get better each season? Does his game develop?

Look at his development, and compare to Kane, Hazard.. similar ages, timelines.

Every season he gives us two, or three number of big goals, pivotal goals and I respect that.

But like Lukaku, Mata, Martial.. Fellani, Herrera... he simply has to do more, consistently. That comes from him, and the manager.

That's why I love Ronaldo.. he always wants (even now) to improve his game. You can literally watch it happen.

Some of our players just don't seem to have that mindset.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What makes him a fraud?
He has these moments when you think he must be a top top player. Meanwhile, the vast majority of the time, you'd think he should be playing at a lower level.

haram

He has these moments when you think he must be a top top player. Meanwhile, the vast majority of the time, you'd think he should be playing at a lower level.
Well excuses are made for other players when they don't play in their favoured position, so why not for Jesse?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Well excuses are made for other players when they don't play in their favoured position, so why not for Jesse?
Guess I'm still mad about the Aguero goal. I think he's a decent player with some good qualities but don't think he should be starting regularly.
On his favourite position argument, I don't think he's good enough on the ball to play in the middle.

haram

Guess I'm still mad about the Aguero goal. I think he's a decent player with some good qualities but don't think he should be starting regularly.
On his favourite position argument, I don't think he's good enough on the ball to play in the middle.
Well he was in top form when played at number 10. No one said he was world class, but I don't think he is a fraud.

JoaquinJoaquin

Well he was in top form when played at number 10. No one said he was world class, but I don't think he is a fraud.
He is average. And with average players in the starting 11 you can only expect average results. Think he is suited to a lower Premier League team, like Cleverley was prior.

haram

He is average. And with average players in the starting 11 you can only expect average results. Think he is suited to a lower Premier League team, like Cleverley was prior.
Well he’s better than Cleverley, that’s for sure.

Robbie Boy

Well this is the Lingard thread so take those matters to the relevant threads.

On Lingard, he played very well centrally last season to be fair to him but he's been atrocious lately on the wing as he's not a winger, like whatsoever. I have no idea why he gets shunted out there as the role clearly doesn't suit him.

JoaquinJoaquin

Well he’s better than Cleverley, that’s for sure.
Is that measuring stick now though, Better than Cleverley? He hasn't scored a goal since February while playing as an attacker for Manchester United, all while giving 5/10 or less performances. That just isn't good enough.

haram

Is that measuring stick now though, Better than Cleverley? He hasn't scored a goal since February while playing as an attacker for Manchester United, all while giving 5/10 or less performances. That just isn't good enough.
Like I said, any other player would get excuses made for him. No, Cleverley is not the measuring stick either.

Player Red

Always looks good in that central midfield 3 of England. I like him as his looks to get the ball moving towards goal and is always offering himself as an option. Too many players shy away and hide, he always seems to front up.

Status
Not open for further replies.