Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So, how about sending off a manager for stepping his foot few millimeters inside the pitch while he was giving instructions to his players? Picture attached to freshen up your memory. Double standard.. ha?

Giants should be banned from attending football matches.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
You could hear him saying feck again during the derby. Doesn't get brought up anywhere.
Oh my god. That is schocking! In that case..Throw him in the dungeons of the Tower and get the scavengers daughter back in business.

Barnslig

Oh my god. That is schocking! In that case..Throw him in the dungeons of the Tower and get the scavengers daughter back in business.
I'm not saying that, I also thought the FA going after Mourinho for him whispering profanities in portugese were ridiculous, I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the FA.

Reactions: SteveJ

macheda14

Fair point, he most probably will be sanctioned, the main point i was making is that a lot of the posts on here come across as Mourinho is treated unfairly, when i don't think that is the case, some of the antics Jose has got up to he rightfully deserves to be punished, the problem is inconsistency from the FA, not victimising Jose
No, that's the thing. Jose deserves what he gets, but if he's the only one consistently punished for it, whilst others don't get punished, then inconsistency = victimisation. Jose swears in Portuguese towards a camera, the FA attempt to charge him, an independent board say there was nothing wrong and the FA go out of their way to appeal that decision. Klopp swears at the fourth official while shouting in his face, nothing, it's passion. The main reason that Klopp is being punished now is that there is more of a public outrage. People are looking past his passion. It is always mainly media led. Media don't like Jose anymore and jump on his antics, the FA follow suit. The same thing will start to happen to Klopp when Liverpool inevitably fall off the pace set by City and Klopp becomes bitter, I think this is the end of the honeymoon period. The only one who will now get a free pass is Pep.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
8k fine for someone on a 7m income is quite the fine. He'll have to move some monies around to manage.

stepic

it's the equivalent of someone earning say £50k a year getting a £57 fine. tough action there by the FA.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
it's the equivalent of someone earning say £50k a year getting a £57 fine. tough action there by the FA.
Isn't that what an average Joe gets fined for speeding for example?

I'd have thought they would make an example out of him but I don't think any manager will think about the £8k fine if they want to run onto the field next time.

buckooo1978

I know it's a lot of whataboutery but the demands for stadiums bans etc is a bit sad IMO

football is so sanitised it's losing what makes it great

guy loses it when scoring an injury time winner in a derby - what do people expect? if that was our manager we'd be delighted to see that kind of emotion

we all laughed when Mourinho wound up Juve fans the other week.

seeing Brian Kidd on the pitch vrs Sheffield Wednesday is a fantastic memory of pure joy, elation and relief- how dull would it be to hear about stadium bans

you didn't hear a peep about stadium bans back then - Generation Snowflake need to catch a grip perhaps

stepic

Isn't that what an average Joe gets fined for speeding for example?

I'd have thought they would make an example out of him but I don't think any manager will think about the £8k fine if they want to run onto the field next time.
average speeding fine is more than 3x that.

there's also the argument that someone earning millions per year has far much more disposable income than the average joe, so the deterrent should be more extreme.

arthurka

I really dont care , he was happy . Like my Liverpool supporting mate said Mourinho was mad , Klopp was happy so what Klopp did wasnt half as bad as Mourinho.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I know it's a lot of whataboutery but the demands for stadiums bans etc is a bit sad IMO

guy loses it when scoring an injury time winner in a derby - what do people expect? if that was our manager we'd be delighted to see that kind of emotion

seeing Brian Kidd on the pitch vrs Sheffield Wednesday is a fantastic memory of pure joy, elation and relief- how dull would it be to hear about stadium bans

you didn't hear a peep about stadium bans back then - Generation Snowflake need to catch a grip perhaps
It's quite pathetic. I think its just this "FA hates mourinho" crowd that are pushing for these weird asks

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Would we? Specifically remember outrage from his celebration (or anger) from throwing bottles last week.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
People saying 8k fine is pathetic need a bit of perspective. He ran onto a football field you plums.

montpelier

I think a 1 game ban would have been right. Charging right on to the pitch while the game is still on is a bit different from water bottle abuse or running down the touchline, for me. He knows what he's doing - the overacting is a gamesmanship schtick he uses to wind up his team & his team's support. It's not an accident. It's a theme of his Management approach.

And to properly snowflake it. It's a threat to safety & a wind up of the away fans. and quite a big one in the scheme of the other stuff they take action on. Shirt's off, over-celebrating & so forth.

I'm possibly not being objective because I hate the cnut. But neither are you mad people, producing the idea that he hasn't really done anything because you have a soft spot for the guy who manages Utd's fiercest rivals.

stepic

People saying 8k fine is pathetic need a bit of perspective. He ran onto a football field you plums.
I don’t think it should be an offence either. But given it is, £8k is hardly a deterrent to multimillionaires. Either increase the fine or just do away with the rule. Otherwise there is literally no point to the fine.

stepic

Isn't that fair then? What the hell do people want here. A speeding ticket which is a far more dangerous act is around the same
As I said earlier, multi millionaires have far more disposable income than the average joe. Having an equivalent/fair fine to the average joe is therefore pointless.

Also the average speeding fine is a lot more than £57.

montpelier

I also think Danny Mills or more likely an Everton player would have been ''perfectly entitled'' to smack him one & be fairly leniently treated for doing it.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think the point being made is that if they're going to punish him for it they might as well give him a meaningful punishment.

An 8k fine is fairly pointless. There wasn't really any point in charging him at all if that's all they're going to dish out.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Fair play to Merson for saying it as it is. Media darlings Liverpool have one set of rules, big bad wolves United have a completely different set.

freeurmind

weak willed
Based on the rules, it's fair for him to get a fine but I think the league shouldn't be trying to legislate passion like that out of the game.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think the point being made is that if they're going to punish him for it they might as well give him a meaningful punishment.

An 8k fine is fairly pointless. There wasn't really any point in charging him at all if that's all they're going to dish out.
If that is the case then fair. I don't think he should have been fined at all. Touchline ban would be fair but i don't blame him for wildly celebrating either, i'd have expected us to do the same. Still think he's a tit though.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If that is the case then fair. I don't think he should have been fined at all. Touchline ban would be fair but i don't blame him for wildly celebrating either, i'd have expected us to do the same. Still think he's a tit though.
He might be a tit, but he’s our tit.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This whole thing is silly.

He ran onto a bit of a grass after a goal... it's hardly the end of the world.

The FA fine managers for all sorts of pointless shit.

OldSchoolManc

I think Jose should run onto the pitch against Arsenal, just to see if he gets treated equally.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
At least the guy cares about his team. Their fans will love him even more. That's worth 8k of any manager's money.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think the FA had to do something because otherwise it opens the gates to anyone running on to the pitch post goal scored. But why do we give such a shit? It’s minor and inconsequential.

Jose’s bottle throwing was more charge worthy imo.

Aloysius's Back 3

For me the thing about Klopp is that he acts like a Kid, a kid with a lot of passion and energy with what he does - personally would love to have a manager with that type of energy for the club because it is a direct representation of the football that is being played by the team.

On the other hand - am i really unhappy that Jose gets charged more and banned? no not really - he has always been a depressive guy, a manager who is consistently angry unless what he himself has done has made the team win the match to which he will party all night and day for. The guy feels like a monster instead of a kid with energy - a person who will or may accidentally swear at the camera man but ultimately comes across all the time as a man who can control himself but chose not to do so.
Then there is the constant bitter nature against the media, the fans, the club, the owners etc etc - everything is just a rotting demeanour about him that I can see why the FA want to lock him up in a cell whilst giving managers like Pep and Klopp the benefit of the doubt.

I personally don't care if what I say is wrong or delusional - but whilst all clubs and managers should be treated equally - I literally have no problem with Jose being treated like 'the special one' he puts himself up to be. He will always be an individual - and just like klopp; that is a representation of his football.