Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Lucas Moura has become an instant Spurs legend for that goal. I've watched it about 200 times so far.
Funny thing about that. We have a pundit in The Netherlands called Valentijn Driessen who likes to say provocative shite just for the feck of it.

Before the 2nd leg against Madrid he openly relinquished his tickets, because Ajax had no chance to qualify anyway. This obviously met with a lot of ridicule from all sides.

To top that, before the 2nd leg against Spurs he told the country that Ajax where through, doubly so because Poch would play Moura and Moura is so shite and so little of a goal threat you might as well just not mark him and let him through on goal.

Ooops. Brilliant guy though. Everybody absolutely hates his guts without realizing that's exactly what he's trying to do.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
Such a good manager, would love him at Roma. The way he has made Liverpool progress over the past few seasons is nothing short of impressive - inherited such an appalling team from Rodgers and look at them now - great chance to win their 6th Champions League.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Funny thing about that. We have a pundit in The Netherlands called Valentijn Driessen who likes to say provocative shite just for the feck of it.

Before the 2nd leg against Madrid he openly relinquished his tickets, because Ajax had no chance to qualify anyway. This obviously met with a lot of ridicule from all sides.

To top that, before the 2nd leg against Spurs he told the country that Ajax where through, doubly so because Poch would play Moura and Moura is so shite and so little of a goal threat you might as well just not mark him and let him through on goal.

Ooops. Brilliant guy though. Everybody absolutely hates his guts without realizing that's exactly what he's trying to do.
:lol:

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
City won 18 or their 19 league games in the second half of the season, but we threw it away?

Give City the credit they deserve.
City won a portion of those games because you gave them to incentive to do so. You lost to City at the Etihad to trim the lead to four points and then had four draws in a relatively short space of time (in whole-season terms). Had you won some of those, or drawn v City, your lead would’ve demoralised City and they may have prioritised Europe instead.

Make no mistake about it, when the title was there to be won and statements were there to be made, you fluffed your lines. Draws v West Ham, Leicester, United’s reserves and Everton looked criminal at the time - like we warned - but you lot paid no heed.

Kapardin

97 pts and only second. :lol:

The ridiculous thing is, people will say Klopp is a failure because he didn't win the title. But Pep's City is the most consistent side in PL-history, and Klopp's Pool is just 1 freakin point behind.
He isn't a failure. But he sure holds the record for a top tier manager with the most number of short straws drawn. So many finals and now a league chase -- not bottled but lost.

It must be wrenching for him to see his hard work come to nought so many times (long may it continue:D). Let's see what happens in the CL final.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
City won a portion of those games because you gave them to incentive to do so. You lost to City at the Etihad to trim the lead to four points and then had four draws in a relatively short space of time (in whole-season terms). Had you won some of those, or drawn v City, your lead would’ve demoralised City and they may have prioritised Europe instead.

Make no mistake about it, when the title was there to be won and statements were there to be made, you fluffed your lines. Draws v West Ham, Leicester, United’s reserves and Everton looked criminal at the time - like we warned - but you lot paid no heed.
I think that's incorrect regardless of what Bernardo Silva said in an interview. City's dominance over everyone (including teams they've been beaten by) is there for all to see. Chances are they were going to end up on at least 95 points regardless of whether or not we drew a couple of games. They're that far ahead of everyone else in the league.

The fact that we ended up needing 99 points to win the league shows how good Guardiola and this City squad are.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Clock is ticking till final. Hopefully another for the shelf. Number six. No one from the league will ever catch that. Then again no one will ever reach five. 2 more leagues however is within reach. Especially if the united free fall continues. Tick tock

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Forgot all about the destiny etc. rawk was talking about regarding that.

"In 2018 it's 20-18, in 2019 it will be 20-19 and by 2021 we will be ahead. It's written in the stars la"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this algorithm seems to indicate United are going to win the league every year for an entire century.

Well, that's good news.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I'll be honest, finishing on 97 points and not winning the league is frustrating.

But if we lose the CL final to Spurs there won't be any positives to take from this season for me. I'm sick of watching us continuously be the nearly men under Klopp and there's no excuse for us not to win that game. It'll be gutting and will feel like we're never going to win anything under him.

Roy'sMagicHat

Clock is ticking till final. Hopefully another for the shelf. Number six. No one from the league will ever catch that. Then again no one will ever reach five. 2 more leagues however is within reach. Especially if the united free fall continues. Tick tock
Tick tock, tick tock, no matter what Leicester & Blackburn have won more titles than Liverpool.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
What if, lo and behold, Spurs beat you in the final.

Have you considered the ramifications of that?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this algorithm seems to indicate United are going to win the league every year for an entire century.
Well, that's good news.
:lol: It's written in the stats.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Nah, this was your chance. City will go from strength to strength.

Chicharito_

Pep was right when he said it's way easier to win games when you are chasing, all of the pressure is off. For the Scousers to be 7 points ahead and then have an absolute panic attack that they might win the league only to be good again when City went back ahead of them is a real sign of a team having the fear of winning choke but it will be covered up by the run they went on at the end.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
What if, lo and behold, Spurs beat you in the final.

Have you considered the ramifications of that?
The world keeps spinning. It's not like we're all going to go and support Everton.

That being said, I'm going to be very disappointed if we do lose in Madrid. Even more so when you consider it's against a team who've spent barely anything compared to us, and have been in patchy form since the start of the year. Klopp's time to win something is now. If he doesn't he might never win anything with us.

LFCKop

Supports
Liverpool

So are you saying they didn't prioritize Europe? Don't Pep fool you when he said they were not focused on quadruple. His risks didnt work out in 1st leg which costed him the tie thus quadruple. I agree, we fluffed our lines especially draw against the sides you mentioned. We were bereft of any creativity in those matches from midfield and our front 3 were not firing. I believe if we had Coutinho or Fekir, maybe we would have turned one of those in win. Anyways, it's no use crying over spilled milk now.

We have a final to look forward to and I really hope we get something tangible to celebrate at the end of this amazing season.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I'll be honest, finishing on 97 points and not winning the league is frustrating.

But if we lose the CL final to Spurs there won't be any positives to take from this season for me. I'm sick of watching us continuously be the nearly men under Klopp and there's no excuse for us not to win that game. It'll be gutting and will feel like we're never going to win anything under him.
I’d agree with that, mostly. Getting 97 points but losing the title to one of, if not the, greatest team ever in the league is hard to take but still quite a feat. Losing yet another final, this time to Spurs, would be absolutely horrendous.

Your last sentence sounds like you’d want him gone if that happened, which I strongly disagree with as I see no other manager doing better than him.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I’d agree with that, mostly. Getting 97 points but losing the title to one of, if not the, greatest team ever in the league is hard to take but still quite a feat. Losing yet another final, this time to Spurs, would be absolutely horrendous.

Your last sentence sounds like you’d want him gone if that happened, which I strongly disagree with as I see no other manager doing better than him.
I wouldn't want him gone if we lose. He's built us up to this position from the mess we were in when he came in. I have higher expectations now though and if he loses in Madrid and then doesn't win anything next season, then serious questions need to be asked if someone else becomes available.

For now he's far and away the best manager available to us and he's done a brilliant job of building us up to the side we are.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
You've been on 5 for the last 14 years. Only takes a few seasons in the future for United to get back up there.

Cold Fusion

Supports
Liverpool
if he loses in Madrid and then doesn't win anything next season, then serious questions need to be asked if someone else becomes available.
I don't get this. Finals are not about form. Anything can happen in a final. If we lose, I'll be disappointed, but I would still be immensely proud of the season, and look forward to the next one. We're up against the best team in the league, so it could be next year, or a number of years before we will the league, if at all. Nothing is a given.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
You've been on 5 for the last 14 years. Only takes a few seasons in the future for United to get back up there.
You'd need to be pretty damn dominant if you want to make up 2, let alone 3 CL trophies in "only a few seasons". Even Barcelona with Messi took 9 years to collect 4 of them and that's pretty extraordinary.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
You'd need to be pretty damn dominant if you want to make up 2, let alone 3 CL trophies in "only a few seasons". Even Barcelona with Messi took 9 years to collect 4 of them and that's pretty extraordinary.
Sometimes you go on a run and it happens. Liverpool could easily have been sitting on 7 trophies by the end of this run.

2 in 3 or 4 years is very doable.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I wouldn't want him gone if we lose. He's built us up to this position from the mess we were in when he came in. I have higher expectations now though and if he loses in Madrid and then doesn't win anything next season, then serious questions need to be asked if someone else becomes available.

For now he's far and away the best manager available to us and he's done a brilliant job of building us up to the side we are.
Like who?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Like who?
Good question. The only manager I'd currently take over ours is at our main rival so it'd be pointless to try and replace him just because he hasn't won anyting yet.

You'd need to be looking at the likes of Favre, Ten Hag & co if you want a suitable replacement but even then it would definitely be a step down.

AJ10

:lol: Here, Here.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Sometimes you go on a run and it happens. Liverpool could easily have been sitting on 7 trophies by the end of this run.

2 in 3 or 4 years is very doable.
No it’s not unless you’re RM at their best or Liverpool in the 70s/80s. United should have won more during their PL and SAF knew it.

GNRfan

Supports
Liverpool
Pep was right when he said it's way easier to win games when you are chasing, all of the pressure is off. For the Scousers to be 7 points ahead and then have an absolute panic attack that they might win the league only to be good again when City went back ahead of them is a real sign of a team having the fear of winning choke but it will be covered up by the run they went on at the end.
We didn't have a panic attack. The City game was decided by the ball being just mm away from being a 2-2 draw probably.
Fine margins.
It's probably the best City have played against us, they were dead on their feet at the end.
Mind you, beating them in the CL semi finals was awesome.
We have been awesome this season.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Like who?
No one currently. He's the best we can hope for. That might change in 12 months though if someone becomes available and we're still not winning anything.

FSG seem happy enough though based on the revenue we're bringing in.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
What a WUM :lol: