La Liga - 2015/2016

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Suarez with a super hat trick of goals and a hat trick of assists. Unreal.

Villarreal can still get a point of this if they play it smart in the second half. Even though its unlikely and i'm not getting my hopes high.

That was really shameles from Deportivo. Returning the favor is one thing and I'm completely fine with that, but taking 8 so Barca can lover their goal difference to Madrid is a bit too much. They should have some pride in them.
:lol:

Enigma_87

You know who
Great win for Atleti tonight. That was their hardest fixture from the ones left.

I really hoped Depor can get something out of Barca, yet they stuffed them pretty hard. That win gives the momentum back to Barca especially with the H2H advantage and easy fixtures up to the end.

Aboutreika18

Godin got an apparent hamstring injury, which would be a huge blow for Atleti in the coming weeks.

That said, Lucas Hernandez excelled yet again after being thrown in at the deep end, this time without Godin at his side, so maybe Atleti won't miss him too much.

Cait Sith

Just saw the result. They are in risk of losing everything because of a tiredness and yet they don't rest anyone from the front 3 even after 3 or 4 nil. Why? Because they are obviously obsessed with their statistics and players personal records. Basically they are doing things I hate Real Madrid for.

I hope they lose La Liga now too after the CL exit, hopefully Atleti wins it.
Nah, think it has more to do with the fact that the furthest forward players can afford to pace themselves when the game is done. Messi hardly does any defensive work and just walks around when the game is already done. I doubt taking him off for some remaining 30 minutes or so would make a major difference fitness-wise at this point of the season. Getting another goal or two though could boost his confidence. You could see that Neymar needed the goal for example, he had not scored for a while. We also don't have a clue how their training regime looks like. Maybe the front 3 play every game and in return they do less stamina-draining exercises in training. Bit simplicistic to say it's because they want to statpad.

gaucho_10

You do realise goal difference is effectively meaningless in La Liga?

Teams level on points are seperated by their head to head record.
It slipped my mind completely...

Suarez with a super hat trick of goals and a hat trick of assists. Unreal.
The only thing unreal about Suarez is the fact that this lunatic is still allowed to play football.
I'm sure he loves it in Spain just like I'm sure Diego Costa will be back in Madrid come summer. Only in Spain they can consistently get away with the shit they pull. ;)

prarek

New revelations from football leaks. Apparently Atletico sold 30% of Koke's rights for just €3 million in 2013 and 40% of Saul's right for just €1.5 million in 2011 to one of those shady investment companies registered in Ireland. Jorge Mendes was an advisor to these investment companies and no doubt the brains behind the deals. Like a money lender Mendes is/was taking advantage of Atltetico's financial situation.

Last edited:

Sigma

Be interesting to see how Bale performs as the main man (i.e. without Ronaldo)

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
2-0 Rayo.

Poor defending again. I always say Ramos is overrated but whenever I watch their defence is terrible when he is not playing. Varane poor for both goals.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rayo have superb so far.

Had that first touch been better it would have been 3-0. Great counter attack.

Skorenzy

Bebé really has that piledriver quality in his shooting and crossing (when it comes off). Almost a world class goal from 30m out.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rayo's counter attacks have been fantastic. Madrid finding them hard to handle.

Skorenzy

Madrid missing Ronaldo
They're missing a few key players, mostly Carvajal, as Danilo is stinking up the place against Bebé leading to numerous dangerous chances, and Modric who would exert a measure of calm and control over the game instead of the huff and puff nature it has now which suits Rayo...