La Liga - 2015/2016

dustfingers

Supports
MMC
For me:
Surprise team: Betis and Real Sociedad, I think that Moyes can do it well this second season
Disappointment: Valencia, I think that although Mendes knows to choose good players seems a project a bit artificial. Nuno has a strong personality and he could have problems with some players. Espanyol and Sporting, I think that will be very tough for them to stay in first division since they can´t sign
Revelation players: Araujo (Las Palmas, very good season in 2d division), Castillejo(Villarreal), Medrán (Getafe), Konoplyanka, Asensio and Jesé.From Deportivo all my hopes are in Luis Alberto, the former player of Liverpool.
Flops: Immobile, Rodrigo and I have doubts with Carrasco and Guidetti
You might be in for a surprise. He's decent when he has team-mates closer to him and Sevilla will have plenty of games where they dominate. Also, its harsh to judge him based on a season with a team which at point was flirting with relegation. I have high hopes for him this season, having seem him perform for Torino.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
You might be in for a surprise. He's decent when he has team-mates closer to him and Sevilla will have plenty of games where they dominate. Also, its harsh to judge him based on a season with a team which at point was flirting with relegation. I have high hopes for him this season, having seem him perform for Torino.
Hopefully you are right,I'd like to see a good Sevilla this year,he looks a good guy that was a bit sad in Germany.Maybe I created a wrong image about him,someone unruly,with sloth.Anyway I am awful with predictions :D

darioterios

@carvajal : for me, team to look for is Sociedad. Sociedad, well let's see if Moyes can pull the stuff he usually did at Everton, around the positions for an Europa ticket. Team to feel negative probably is Valencia, very possibly turn into a circus with the hand of Jorge Mendes from the boardroom to the technical bench to players. Also, I'm sorry it's not the right day to say, but Phil Nev as assistant, well, hardly gives confidence

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He can't be that bad, scoring 30 goals in Serie A is difficult.

prarek

The most curious to thing for me is that they have gone from having a very short squad relying on 16-18 players in their title winning season to actually having a big team with two players per position now. Vietto is going to be a great signing for them I think and Martinez could be next Falcao.
Simeone will be under pressure this season to play a more attractive brand of football though with the players he now has at his disposal.

prarek

If Sevilla play to their true potential i can see Valencia dropping out of top 4.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Neymar's out of action for a couple of weeks so he'll miss the Supercopas (European and Spanish). I think they said he's got mumps - in which case I wouldn't be surprised if he actually can't train for the next two weeks, that could mean he'll miss the Liga opener as well.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Neymar's out of action for a couple of weeks so he'll miss the Supercopas (European and Spanish). I think they said he's got mumps - in which case I wouldn't be surprised if he actually can't train for the next two weeks, that could mean he'll miss the Liga opener as well.
Again raises the question of why Barca would want to sell Pedro this month. Maybe when Turan is on option, but not now.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'll throw in Juan Munoz at Sevilla for a player to watch. 19 years old forward, has played a lot in their pre season and scored 3 goals, joint highest alongside Vitolo.

prarek

No way. Valencia is back to stay in top 4.
Valencia still has a stronger squad than Sevilla. Debatable though.
Debatable i guess. Makes for an interesting debate though.

Valencia finished 3 points ahead of Sevilla last season. They had to win their last game to finish top 4. Since then they haven't improved their first team and are only weaker due to the injury to Alves. For Sevilla it depends on whether Immobile or Gameiro can fill the void left by Bacca because they seem to be stronger than last season following a great transfer window. There is a lot of unknowns though as Valencia have a young squad who will be expected to get better every season. For Sevilla there are new players that may need some time to get going.

Skorenzy

Real Betis with some interesting, if perhaps risky, signings this season. Van der Vaart, Portillo from Málaga, Pezzella from River, Didier Digard of OGC Nice, Westermann from HSV and Juan Manuel Vargas of Fiorentina.

Some other more low-key, yet interesting transfers in Spain so far,

Moi Gómez, Vergini and Víctor Rodríguez to Getafe (all on loan though)
Andrés Fernández and the fearsomely nicknamed Nico "el Conejo" López (if you see his mug, you'll get it :lol:) to Granada
Fede Cartabia (loan) and Cani to Depor
Jonathas to La Real
Ebert to Rayo
Borja Bastón to Eibar (canterano from Atléti who scored 23 goals on loan to Zaragoza in Segunda last season)
Sergio Araujo to Las Palmas (they had him on loan last season and have now bought him; also scored 23 goals in Segunda)
Toni Sanabria (loan) to Sporting

prarek

Jonathas is a steal. Surprised more clubs weren't after him. Moyesie will be delighted.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Simeone will be under pressure this season to play a more attractive brand of football though with the players he now has at his disposal.
Aye. With Vietto, Martinez and Griezmann they could play very good football. I am particularly interested in Vietto, seen him a few times for Villarreal and he could be a star.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Finally Barcelona is losing something :drool: , a shame that they have to play in Camp Nou :(

Phil

Can't decide if I love or loathe that Barca shirt.

Skorenzy

The 1-0 by San José was a beauty. From the centre circle straight over Ter Stegen who had come out to head a ball clear.

Phil

I always liked Bilbao after they hammered us a few years ago.

Skorenzy

Athletic Club have been dominating right throughout the game. Only Barça chances came thru Pedro and Messi, a great fk. that Iraizoz pulled an excellent save on and another shot that he managed to turn around the post. And Pedro a shot whacked against he underside of the bar.