La Liga - 2015/2016

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Wait, what? How am I insulting you by just asking your age?

I was just wondering because you seemingly haven't heard of the first "galactico" era almost 20 years ago. It didn't start with Ronaldo at all.

I was also just responding to this post where you claim that Madrid aren't a top club because we're flat track bullies and then you try to back it up with the statement that we once got beat by Liverpool with 4-0. That's weird logic to say the least.

If we're not a top club, I honestly wonder what Chelsea are or what your perception of a top club is. Because for all the joking that I do, I even consider Chelsea a top club. That's why I find your initial claim a bit ridiculous.
I know of the first galactico era. I also know of the period between that era and this one where you were not pretty poor compared to other teams in Europe. I think in that time you struggled to get to a CL semi final for 6 years running. Then after that when you started signing Ronaldo and co. And became one of the better teams in Europe.

I'm not saying you aren't a top club. You are, 100%. I'm saying your team isn't the top team in Europe a lot of people make it out to be. You always read about Barca, Bayern and Real but IMO, you have only been on that level for two seasons since the new era of galactico's came in (Mourinho's second season and Ancelotti's first) and even then I would rate those just below the former two teams. I think a big art of this grouping is because Real are so good at thrashing smaller teams, which skews peoples perceptions of them a bit.

I haven't rated Chelsea as a top team since Hiddinks season and maybe Ancelotti's. So about 5 years a go. I do rate both as top clubs however. In fact, Real Madrid is top 2 with Barca in terms of the club.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I know of the first galactico era. I also know of the period between that era and this one where you were not pretty poor compared to other teams in Europe. I think in that time you struggled to get to a CL semi final for 6 years running. Then after that when you started signing Ronaldo and co. And became one of the better teams in Europe.

I'm not saying you aren't a top club. You are, 100%. I'm saying your team isn't the top team in Europe a lot of people make it out to be. You always read about Barca, Bayern and Real but IMO, you have only been on that level for two seasons since the new era of galactico's came in (Mourinho's second season and Ancelotti's first) and even then I would rate those just below the former two teams. I think a big art of this grouping is because Real are so good at thrashing smaller teams, which skews peoples perceptions of them a bit.

I haven't rated Chelsea as a top team since Hiddinks season and maybe Ancelotti's. So about 5 years a go. I do rate both as top clubs however. In fact, Real Madrid is top 2 with Barca in terms of the club.
Ok, I can accept that. We haven't been winning as much as we should in the last decade or so. We're not more than a club, we're not perfect like others.

Btw, my first reply to you was tongue in cheek too but then you had to bring the midget into the conversation. :mad:

I didn't mean to sound condescending by asking for your age though.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
FCBarca mode

Real Madrid had to win on election day. Rajoy the second coming of Franco needs the votes from the Madridistas so the Evil empire (PP) wins once again. If Real lost they would probably skip voting so they could watch "Chiringuito de jugones" talking trash about Benítez.
:lol: The evil empire is almost gone
Why spanish clubs keep offering contracts to players like Zé Castro or Luisinho (Deportivo) is beyond me. I´m sure any semi decent canterano could do a better job than both.
Agreed although I would take Bruno Gama back for Depor(I name him because was a pleasant surprise). How is doing Nelson Oliveira?he was very cocky and arrogant when was in Coruña.He thought that his destiny was a top team.He came to be the star and was very disappointing.

prarek

I think that is a pretty long shot. Madrid's teams and Barca are a bit given for the first 3. Celta are playing some nice football and along with Villarreal are 8-9 points above Valencia in the league. Besides Valencia play Real Mardrid (H) and Villarreal (A) in the next two games which means probably they will find themselves further off the top four.

On top of that their run in in the last 7 games is pretty tough as well. They host Sevilla and Villarreal and are away to Barca and Real, while having a tricky fixture against Getafe away in between.

I don't think they'll get to top 4 this season, while 5th,6th will be something to build on.
That is true but also don't forget that after the next two fixtures against Villareal and Real Madrid it gets a little easy for Valencia. For two months all games against teams in the bottom half of table apart from one game against Deportivo.

06-01-2016 Granada (18th)
10-01-2016 Real Sociedad (14th)
17-01-2016 Rayo Vallecano (17th)
24-01-2016 Deportivo La Coruna (6th)
31-01-2016 Sporting Gijon (16th)
07-02-2016 Real Betis (12th)
14-02-2016 Espanyol(11th)
21-02-2016 Granada (18th)

This will be the time to pick up some steam. Gary will also be more familiar with his team by then and if everything goes well a nice momentum to take into March.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Ok, I can accept that. We haven't been winning as much as we should in the last decade or so. We're not more than a club, we're not perfect like others.

Btw, my first reply to you was tongue in cheek too but then you had to bring the midget into the conversation. :mad:

I didn't mean to sound condescending by asking for your age though.
The funny thing is (If you want to be self depressing about it) that Madrids spending has unbalanced their team and made their squad weaker overall. Bale, Kroos and maybe James were all irrelevant signings that made the squad lose its balance. A top class defensive midfielder and a RB and you would be up there with Barca and Bayern. I also think replacing Ronaldo with somebody who will get involved more would do your team wonders.

Okay. Duly noted. Won't mention that guy again.

Don't worry about it. I'm not going to get upset over something like that.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Agreed although I would take Bruno Gama back for Depor(I name him because was a pleasant surprise). How is doing Nelson Oliveira?he was very cocky and arrogant when was in Coruña.He thought that his destiny was a top team.He came to be the star and was very disappointing.
I think Bruno Gama is in the Ukranian League. Depor tried to get Diogo Salomão back from us but it appears Depor couldn´t afford our financial terms. Nélson Oliveira is at Nottingham Forest. No idea how´s he doing, he got about 5 goals. Oliveira is talented player but he lacks the discipline and isn´t commited enough. He is also very keen on the nightlife, so he will probably be another wasted talent.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
How's Griezmann been doing lately?

Seems the most available "star" quality attacker out there, what with his release clause and all.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
The funny thing is (If you want to be self depressing about it) that Madrids spending has unbalanced their team and made their squad weaker overall. Bale, Kroos and maybe James were all irrelevant signings that made the squad lose its balance. A top class defensive midfielder and a RB and you would be up there with Barca and Bayern. I also think replacing Ronaldo with somebody who will get involved more would do your team wonders.
? They have Carvajal at rightback and just spent a fortune on Danilo. There's no one better on the market.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
? They have Carvajal at rightback and just spent a fortune on Danilo. There's no one better on the market.
Danilo is really poor and I forgot about Carvajal.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
How's Griezmann been doing lately?

Seems the most available "star" quality attacker out there, what with his release clause and all.
He is doing very well.He grew a lot with Simeone.I think the release clause is 80m€.In my opinion was intentionally increased to sell him this summer.Every important club will try to sign him .I think that is a player good for Mourinho and his counter attack system(despite the debate here about his lack of pace).I read that he is United supporter? He also admitted that is madridista so will be one of the auctions of the summer

Last edited:

prarek

Btw Gareth Bale is supposed to have clocked at 36 kmph in 2014 against Almeria. I guess he hasn't had enough Paella this year.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The bigger joke is the way this team gets shit penalties time and time again.

prath92

What has Bale done to himself? He was decent looking before and now he looks shit. Is it not allowed to look better than Ronaldo too?