La Liga 2017/18

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No, that's a RM clause - Barcelona does not do this. Munir, for some reason, will be on the bench
Oh right, must be tactical then. Bit silly though as Alaves could be 3/4-0 down by the time he comes on. Or he's being rested for more winnable games. Been great for Alaves last few months anyway.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Oh right, must be tactical then. Bit silly though as Alaves could be 3/4-0 down by the time he comes on. Or he's being rested for more winnable games. Been great for Alaves last few months anyway.
I like Munir a lot, got squeezed out due to MSN and board deprioritizing the cantera. He's a natural goalscorer although I think he might have to learn to play as a support striker

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Abelardo has Alaves playing excellent, they have been better and deserve to be leading. Terrible formation from Valverde but first halves have been regularly underwhelming

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Abelardo has Alaves playing excellent, they have been better and deserve to be leading. Terrible formation from Valverde but first halves have been regularly underwhelming
He never got enough credit from what he achieved with Sporting, I'm so glad he got another chance with Alaves

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
He never got enough credit from what he achieved with Sporting, I'm so glad he got another chance with Alaves
Yeah, they look terrific - hard to believe they are so far down the table

Wakaso can't possibly make it through the match without being sent off

That run from Messi, damn - Suarez is only human

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Not watching, he plays on the right? What the actual f?
They're somehow making a triangle between Iniesta-Messi-Coutino, with Rakitic and Paulinho behind

Coutinho seems to be feeling better there as the game goes on, tho

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
The way they are playing tonight it looks like they could have done with a CB rather than Coutinho.
Barca have allowed for the least amount of goals in Europe so far heading into this game. The defense has been suspect today but its nothing they needed to make a signing for considering how fantastic it has been all season.

They needed to shore up the midfield. Maybe Couts needs to play on the left but the team as a whole does look out of sorts today.

cyberman

Coutinho is a bit timid so far. He's turned down a few chances to shoot that he would have taken on at Liverpool.
It must be so intimidating when you play alongside Messi

Rajma

They're somehow making a triangle between Iniesta-Messi-Coutino, with Rakitic and Paulinho behind

Coutinho seems to be feeling better there as the game goes on, tho
Seems stupid to spend £140 and not play to his strengths just to shore others. He’s technically gifted player and obviously can do a job anywhere in those zones as a result still doesn’t sound logical, personally.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
This refusal to play with a winger is bizarre. If Valverde won't play Deulofeu, why not Arnaiz at least?

Busquets on for Paulinho & Alba for Digne, kill the double pivot

Migo

Barca paying heavily for benching Busi, i think in the 2nd half EV will take out paulinho and Digne for Busi and Alba

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Seems stupid to spend £140 and not play to his strengths just to shore others. He’s technically gifted player and obviously can do a job anywhere in those zones as a result still doesn’t sound logical, personally.
I get where you come from, but we're playing almost a "B" team without Alba, Roberto os Busquets, this is happening just to give minues to players that deserve them like Iniesta or Paulinho at the same time Coutinho gets used to the team.

Those 140M are for Iniesta's long term replacement, not to get someone who has to play 90 minutes everygame being a key player from the get go this season, that's what we should expect the next year

Rajma

I get where you come from, but we're playing almost a "B" team without Alba, Roberto os Busquets, this is happening just to give minues to players that deserve them like Iniesta or Paulinho at the same time Coutinho gets used to the team.

Those 140M are for Iniesta's long term replacement, not to get someone who has to play 90 minutes everygame being a key player from the get go this season, that's what we should expect the next year
Makes sense, I guess tinkering can be aesthetically unpleasant but necessary evil to keep players fresh for crucial period.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Didn't Alaves win at Camp Nou last year? Funny how some clubs have lucky away grounds.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What brillliant hold up play and blind ball by Guidetti.

Alaves unlucky not to nick a second there with better control.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wow more great keeping and great last ditch defending by Alaves.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
1-1. Suarez. Shame for Alaves but it was coming.

Great last 20 minutes in store.