La Liga 2017/18

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
You are a building quite a nice team , with Banega, Muriel and maybe Nolito or Navas as well. I think you are stronger than last season.
As @Afganitia mentioned, the reason we are making all these signings is most probably because Vitolo is leaving. I believe it is a matter of time N'Zonzi also officially leaves; hence why we probably will make more signings. We still need to improve the defence and centre midfield with 2-3 signings...

Both Real Madrid and Barcelona got epic pre season fixtures by the end of July. Don't know if either club will manage to have their best players right away, but when realising that Juventus, United, Real Madrid, Barca etc. will play couple of games against each other during this month; well, it is like the first sign of spring after a swedish winter. Finally the season is slowly 'starting'. :drool:

Last edited:

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I doubt that we'll see any significant improvement in the defence. Carrico is going to stay. Maybe when Rami leaves we take another pun on a CB to have enough options. I don't expect anything else.
We are certainly still in the market for midfielder, but a lot will depend on n'zonzi. The club can't do anything until we know what he is going to do.
Vitolo is imo 95% gone.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Yep, Atletico aren't happy with Miguel Angel Ramirez openly talking about the Vitolo transfer; but Vitolo's buy out clause should be activated by this Thursday or Friday, according to the Las Palmas president. What is taking so long with this transfer is fixing the documents that will be sent to FIFA (who then can approve this transfer), in order to give this complicated deal the green light. They believe these documents are done by Thursday.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
As @Afganitia mentioned, the reason we are making all these signings is most probably because Vitolo is leaving. I believe it is a matter of time N'Zonzi also officially leaves; hence why we probably will make more signings. We still need to improve the defence and centre midfield with 2-3 signings...

Both Real Madrid and Barcelona got epic pre season fixtures by the end of July. Don't know if either club will manage to have their best players right away, but when realising that Juventus, United, Real Madrid, Barca etc. will play couple of games against each other during this month; well, it is like the first sign of spring after a swedish winter. Finally the season is slowly 'starting'. :drool:
Yeah, but you are not losing in quality, as you are replacing them well.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Yeah, but you are not losing in quality, as you are replacing them well.
Haha maybe... I honestly don't know if I am ready to jump to that conclusion. I am obviously happy with the signings, especially return of Banega. But losing Vitolo (and probably N'Zonzi) is a huge hit; although, as long as we replace them well (Nolito :drool:) I shouldn't complain. I would like to see us get Jonny Otto from Celta Vigo as well; a player that we had links to before the U21 euros; but those rumours have now disappeared.

Amavi have failed his medical apperantly. This transfer is in the risk of not going through because of it:(

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If Atletico get Vitolo and Diego Costa they'll have an excellent offense in the 2nd half of the season with Carrasco, Griezmann, Vitolo and Costa. If they're still in the CL by then I can see them reaching the semi's.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Any idea why did Ceballos choose Madrid over Barca?
Madrid have been behind him for 2 years
and Barcelona showed interest during the under 21 Championship.
The other day I heard an interview with his grandparents and they expected him to choose Madrid.
I guess that is personal preference+Madrid being interested so long + minor details as his previous friendship with Asensio

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Lolzy. Seriously though, barca would pay the higher wages and more importantly, are easier to break into the first 11.
Seriously, i don't know. We've been interested in him for two years, barca for 2 weeks. We're better and in a better position than them right now. Maybe we offered him more money. Maybe he just still doesn't like catalunya. Maybe he just wanted us. Maybe it's because he's BFF with Asensio, Vallejo and Llorente

Could be any number of reasons.

As for barca being easier to break into than us, wouldn't be so sure. Modric will turn 32 in two months and i have a feeling this will be his final season with us

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Madrid have been behind him for 2 years
and Barcelona showed interest during the under 21 Championship.
The other day I heard an interview with his grandparents and they expected him to choose Madrid.
I guess that is personal preference+Madrid being interested so long + minor details as his previous friendship with Asensio
I had forgotten about the feud between Mourinho and Benitez's wife :lol:

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Apperantly Vitolo signed new contract with Sevilla, with increased buy out clause, how is that possible...Am I dreaming ?!

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Haha maybe... I honestly don't know if I am ready to jump to that conclusion. I am obviously happy with the signings, especially return of Banega. But losing Vitolo (and probably N'Zonzi) is a huge hit; although, as long as we replace them well (Nolito :drool:) I shouldn't complain. I would like to see us get Jonny Otto from Celta Vigo as well; a player that we had links to before the U21 euros; but those rumours have now disappeared.

Amavi have failed his medical apperantly. This transfer is in the risk of not going through because of it:(
Why don't you believe it? Banegq was quality for you, Nolito is a very good player for la Liga and Muriel is still a talent to be developed.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Why don't you believe it? Banegq was quality for you, Nolito is a very good player for la Liga and Muriel is still a talent to be developed.
Castro said Vitolo is signing a new 5 year deal with the new clause at 50 million euros. Is this really happening ?! :drool: Now I do believe our squad is stronger.:lol:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Will he go out on loan?
No, I don´t think so, in addition Coentrao is gone, so we need someone to rest Marcelo. However I read that the long-term plan is to convert him in an attack player like Bale, so I'm curious to see how he is used this year.

Devil may care

No, I don´t think so, in addition Coentrao is gone, so we need someone to rest Marcelo. However I read that the long-term plan is to convert him in an attack player like Bale, so I'm curious to see how he is used this year.
That's interesting, especially with Asensio seemingly set to be your main LWF post Bale, I guess if ge can play both positions it will give Zidane options over who to rest and some flexibility when the games start piling up.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
@bucky That is unfortunately true :( I feel so sorry for Amavi. Arias said in today's press conference that they are looking for another player, instead of Amavi.

bucky

@bucky That is unfortunately true :( I feel so sorry for Amavi. Arias said in today's press conference that they are looking for another player, instead of Amavi.
A real shame for you and him! He looked like a very exciting player for Nice. The injury seemed to have ruined his career.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
A real shame for you and him! He looked like a very exciting player for Nice. The injury seemed to have ruined his career.
It truly is. I can't help but to feel sorry for him.

In other news:
Castro confirmed Vitolo is signing a new deal that extends to 2022! 50 million euro buy out clause! Atletico represents were really dissappointed. They expressed that the agreement with Vitolo was complete, "but if the player can't respect it, then there is nothing we can do about it" (Marca). Simeone got the news during his training camp at Los Angeles, and got worried, could not keep his hand off his mobile phone (Marca). Simeone then had a 10 min teatrical talk (aka Simeone doing lot of gestures) with their sporting director during the training camp at Los Angeles:lol: (AS). This will certainly intensify our rivalry with Atletico :D.

As if it is not enough for las pupas: Theo Hernandez stroking the Real Madrid badge gently, as he is presented for los merengues. What a day for Atletico...

Arias confirmed that "Vitolo staying doesn't stop our on going negotiations, we are still in the race for Nolito and Navas".

Afganitia

Supports
Girona
Unexpected as hell. Sevilla is going to take this year seriously?

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Apperantly Atletico 'hijacked' Sevilla's deal with Vitolo, since he yet has not signed his contract with Sevilla. They called him yesterday around 01.30 AM and offered him contract of 5 million euros/season. That was enough to make Vitolo hesitate (Marca). This will never end:lol: Just like on the field, Atletico refuses to give up.

Muriel will be presented today, as more questions on Vitolo will follow in the same press conference.

And also - Mariano to Galatasaray for 4.6 million euros. He will be signing a 3 year deal with them.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I've just seen that Sevilla have signed Muriel! I really like this player. And, of course, Banega! :drool: It's also nice to see that Vitolo is staying.

Shame Sampaoli isn't around. Is Vazquez expected to stay, @SfcNervion ?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And also - Mariano to Galatasaray for 4.6 million euros. He will be signing a 3 year deal with them.
That...looks like a great deal for galatasaray, and a strange one for sevilla

Also strange that it would be galatasaray, with all the teams looking for a RB in Italy and England(and Spain, too. Barcelona still need a RB)

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
@Yagami Yes, he is. He has had his dips, but overall an important player for the squad, and it seems like Berizzo's reasoning similarly. :)

@giorno Well, Mariano is 31, so this was the opportunity to cash in on him. I would have liked to keep him, but this became a good business opportunity. Sevilla are getting Corchia from Lille instead, which is certainly an interesting player.

Vitolo-gate has turned into a mexican soap opera. There are rumours that Castro did the same mistake as Las Palmas president, i.e. talked too soon. Castro claims he has a written agreement with the player's agent and his father. He also added that "the only thing left is Vitolo's signature". He went on about that everything is settled, all parties have an agreement, we are just waiting for the main person (Vitolo) to sign his part. The only reason of why Vitolo has not signed his deal yet is - according to Castro - because he landed in Sevilla late last night, and thus had not the opportunity to sign anything yet.

BUT. While Castro is saying this, reports from other sources suggests the exact opposite. Vitolo is leaving, and he has said good bye to all of his friends and team mates today, that he got his mind settled on Atletico Madrid OR Chelsea.

If we gonna sum how everything is developing at the moment, and as long as Vitolo has not signed his new deal with Sevilla, then Castro is running the risk of end up looking like a damn fool. Vitolo is on his way to Madrid according to the Sevilla based Journo P.Elias.

This is has become parody:lol: This is surely silly season folks!

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Thanks @SfcNervion . I really like Vazquez and hope he succeeds with you. Seeing that you not only had Sampaoli as manager, but Kiyotake and Nasri as well, I was expecting a lot from Vazquez in terms of great link up play with the aforementioned players and just flourishing under a manager like Sampaoli. Maybe I set my hopes too high last year! Still, I'm now looking forward to him and Éver together! :drool:

I'd have loved to see Éver with Nasri to be honest. Are you looking to bring him back?

I also didn't realise Mariano had been sold. He was excellent whenever I caught Sevilla. I don't know anything about Corchia but he's got big boots to fill!

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
No problem @Yagami.
Mariano will be missed, for sure. But in a way, it is good that he leaves on top, and not when he becomes a burden.

It was a big shame with Kiyotake though, he went through a private tragedy with his family right when the season started - hence why he had to move back to Japan. Nasri however, he won't be coming back, lucky for us. He is too expensive, but further more; he is too immature. The spring revealed that he still got his bad habits left in him, which is somewhat ego problems, but also disciplinary problems on and off the field.

Yagami

Good post resistant
No problem @Yagami.
Mariano will be missed, for sure. But in a way, it is good that he leaves on top, and not when he becomes a burden.

It was a big shame with Kiyotake though, he went through a private tragedy with his family right when the season started - hence why he had to move back to Japan. Nasri however, he won't be coming back, lucky for us. He is too expensive, but further more; he is too immature. The spring revealed that he still got his bad habits left in him, which is somewhat ego problems, but also disciplinary problems on and off the field.
Ah, I didn't realise he'd suffered a personal tragedy. Understandable that he's gone back to Japan, though I was looking forward to seeing him last year.

Yeah, I can't blame you in regards to Nasri. His red against Leicester was so daft.