La Liga 2017/18

Shuriken

What a cracking game that was. I love the Premier League. I love Serie A. I love La Liga.

Deleted member 101472

Is asensio for 5 million going to go down as the best value transfer of all time?

Javi

Madrid must hope that Zidane gets the hint and targets another center back. Where was the Vallejo kid? Casemiro at fault for the first goal, but can't really blame him, haven't heard of him playing CB before. Still, what Benzema wasted was just ridiculous.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Well that was fun :lol:

Thought Modric was a bit naff tonight. In fact the only Madrid players who played well were Casemiro and Asensio.

WhoDaGOAT

Real throwing away the league on the 2nd matchday of the season at home.

Good stuff.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Pretty good game for neutrals I suppose but it was painful to watch us creating so many good chances and playing almost the entire time on their side only to Benzema waste so many chances. So if we didn't win was due to pure bad finishing but we should be ok as this was also a good game for Valencia and I wouldn't expect the majority of teams playing us like too often. :nervous:

Hope Barcelona visit soon Anoeta.

Gonçalo Motta

Great team but they still depend way too much on Ronaldo to secure wins on though games. The only reason why Benz managed to stay this long in RM is because he does link really well with Ronaldo. Bar that he is borderline useless.
Remember when people were claiming that Bale could be as good as Ronaldo (some said he almost was) and he would be the one replacing him in RM ? Fun times :lol::lol:

Positive note: Asensio .. what a player. I expect great things from him in the future

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Pretty good game for neutrals I suppose but it was painful to watch us creating so many good chances and playing almost the entire time on their side only to Benzema waste so many chances. So if we didn't win was due to pure bad finishing but we should be ok as this was also a good game for Valencia and I wouldn't expect the majority of teams playing us like too often. :nervous:

Hope Barcelona visit soon Anoeta.
And in all fairness, a minimum of composure would see Valencia win that. A couple of those counter attacks had them in absolutely acres of space. You should be thanking Zaza for that.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Wouldn't be surprised if Madrid lose more points in the next 2 games. Cristiano is 50% of this team's goal threat especially in the tough games and Asensio surely can't keep scoring screamers every match.

And in all fairness, a minimum of composure would see Valencia win that. A couple of those counter attacks had them in absolutely acres of space. You should be thanking Zaza for that.
Yeah I've never seen so many counterattacks wasted. Even we would've scored one of those

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Been laughing histerically for the last half hour
:lol::lol::lol:

Been saying this for a while, but we absolutely need another CB. Vallejo is green and injury prone, Varane is injury prone, and Nacho is ok as 4th choice but can't be playing as much as he did last season there

Much needed reality check overall. This is good. Everything's ok. We need to realize we're not the second coming of 1970 Brazil.

Also, why is it that kondogbia and murillo looked like right donkeys at inter but as soon as they leave they look like good players?!?! And against us of all teams :mad:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
It wasn't like that, we had plenty of chances way before that, more than those counter by them, and I'm talking about not letting the game go to that instance where it was back and forward, even then Benzema has another good chance but then they keepr made a good save.

Captain Obvious

Been laughing histerically for the last half hour
:lol::lol::lol:

Been saying this for a while, but we absolutely need another CB. Vallejo is green and injury prone, Varane is injury prone, and Nacho is ok as 4th choice but can't be playing as much as he did last season there

Much needed reality check overall. This is good. Everything's ok. We need to realize we're not the second coming of 1970 Brazil.

Also, why is it that kondogbia and murillo looked like right donkeys at inter but as soon as they leave they look like good players?!?! And against us of all teams :mad:
How can you say you need more CBs when you have Ramos, Varane, Pepe and Fernandez? Oh right pepe left hehe hope that doesnt come back to haunt you

Kondogbia is a very sound CB btw, not surprised how he played.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
It wasn't like that, we had plenty of chances way before that, more than those counter by them, and I'm talking about not letting the game go to that instance where it was back and forward, even then Benzema has another good chance but then they keepr made a good save.
I'm just saying Valencia had every opportunity to win that match. One good final ball would see them 2 vs the GK on at least three separate occasions.

I'm aware you had some astonishing chances, but in gambling for the win (and even at 1-2) Valencia could and should have sealed it as well.

el3mel

Madrid have a problem in the attack now. The only consistent goal scorer in the team currently is Ronaldo, with Asensio second with his shooting. Isco is a great player but not consistent goal scorer, Benzema is a crap finisher and Bale is past it.

Last season Zidane was able to rest Ronaldo and keep him in form for the tougher games depending on Morata and James. This season and with this rate he'll be forced to play Ronaldo all the time resulting in his exhaustion and this will be a massive problem by the end stage of the season.

4 days remaining in the market. Madrid should bring a striker ASAP because entering the season without a striker easing the burden from Ronaldo will affect the team coming the crucial last months of the season.

Their bench was their strongest point last season and the reason they could go on for both CL and La Liga. They season they look like as if they lost the depth somewhat in the attack.

This beside, they're still very, very strong in creating billions of chances each match and in another day they could have won 5-2. If Ronlado played today he might have scored a hattrick.