La Liga 2017/18

Semiarty

Supports
FC Barcelona
Have been saying all along this season, Suarez has been useless too often this season.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Have been saying all along this season, Suarez has been useless too often this season.
We need every second to get a draw to "salvage" an invincible season but he has to waste time with his petty duels, he's worse than useless sometimes.

el3mel

Lol, coming all the way back then couldn't get just one more goal in 70 minutes. Goodbye unbeaten run. This side doesn't deserve it imo.

Culero

Would a been nice touch to get the unbeaten run but better teams have not achieved it so mehh.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Dying on the shore hurts even more, both for the record (2 games to go) and this game, and also the Roma game...

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Barca's season better than Real's season if Real win the CL? Still a joke of a statement:lol:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
If Valverde had cared about it and played all of their starters they'd have gone unbeaten. Hopefully this shows how meaningless it is.

el3mel

Barca's season better than Real's season if Real win the CL? Still a joke of a statement:lol:
It'll be on paper but I'm pretty sure Madrid fans were be the happier of both. The unbeaten thing was the only thing special regarding this Barca season, without it, it just looks like another dull league winning season, and the way they lost the unbeaten run and before it the Rome defeat doesn't help either.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It'll be on paper but I'm pretty sure Madrid fans were be the happier of both. The unbeaten thing was the only thing special regarding this Barca season, without it, it just looks like another dull league winning season, and the way they lost the unbeaten run and before it the Rome defeat doesn't help either.
Which is why they need to spend big again and on the right players. Messi is a big miss and not playing your best CB's.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
What a shit way to lose your unbeaten run, but it was coming, as Barca have not lost many games only thanks to Messi.

Culero

If Valverde had cared about it and played all of their starters they'd have gone unbeaten. Hopefully this shows how meaningless it is.
Which makes him talking about the unbeaten run all the more perplexing. As much as it doesn't mean a huge deal in the grand scheme it was odd not to try and get the achievement with only two games to go.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
What a shit way to lose your unbeaten run, but it was coming, as Barca have not lost many games only thanks to Messi.
They had enough games goals without Messi. Messi isn't doing the defensive work.
Vermaelen was poor until his injury and Mina looked like an amateur.

Semiarty

Supports
FC Barcelona
:lol: Unlucky, culés.
Unfortunately not unlucky, but horrible.

Suarez needs to go. Don't have any other complaints. Defense did their part as well, but can't blame 2nd choice CBs.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Next season I want to see

Griezmann - Messi
Coutinho - Jorginho - Busquets - Dembele
Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Semedo
MATS​

Activate Griezmann’s 100m release clause and spend 50m on Jorginho.

Sell Gomes, Vidal, and maybe even Suarez.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
"Another dull league winning season"

Making sure I read that correctly. The season also included the Copa Del Rey.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Unfortunately not unlucky, but horrible.

Suarez needs to go. Don't have any other complaints. Defense did their part as well, but can't blame 2nd choice CBs.
I'm afraid you will have Suarez at least another season. I don´t think Messi would be very happy with the idea of losing his friend. In any case, do not take much into account this games-without competition- before the World Cup

el3mel

"Another dull league winning season"

Making sure I read that correctly. The season also included the Copa Del Rey.
Spain isn't England. CL is far more important than any La Liga title. Only in England you will see some arguing you need to win the league to be labeled great.

Last edited:

PeteManic

Barca are actually really shit sans one of the top 3 greatest players of all time. In the next 3-5 years they are fecked.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Selling Luis Suarez is about one of the stupidest things Barcelona can do. 37 goals for the season plus double digit assists. He works his ass off for the team without the ball and he's just a general annoyance for teams. There are 2 or 3 better strikers in the world at most and at his age they won't get a good enough price. His link up play and ability on the ball isn't as good anymore but he makes up for it with everything else. He also has plenty of experience and they're going to need every bit of it in the Champions League. If Madrid wins it again there will be a lot of pressure on Barcelona to win another CL.

Suarez most definitely won't be happy coming off the bench so I'm not sure how Griezmann coming in for over 100 million would make sense either.

Last edited:

MJJ

Next season I want to see

Griezmann - Messi
Coutinho - Jorginho - Busquets - Dembele
Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Semedo
MATS​

Activate Griezmann’s 100m release clause and spend 50m on Jorginho.

Sell Gomes, Vidal, and maybe even Suarez.
Dont think that midfield is balanced at all, need a ballwinner in there.

Cloud7

Wow, that was not what I was expecting to wake up and see. Thought they would have managed to do it. Must be heart wrenching to lose it just on the final step like that.

Cloud7

Spain isn't England. CL is far more important than any La Liga title. Only in England you will see some argung you need to win the league to be labeled great.
Don’t bother mate, you’ll be accused of falling for the “glam” and “hype” of the CL.

Edit: That is to say, I wouldn’t call Barca’s season boring by any stretch of the imagination, but if Real do win the CL I would say they had the better season.

Last edited: