Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

One bit I loved first half, Vardy beat him to a ball so Martinez just gave him a little push in the back to send him flying, no foul though.

We need that sort of shithousery

Adamsk7

When him and Dalot went absolutely crazy after Diogo blocked a cross was both hilarious and brilliant. What a character

A-man

Varane took care of most of the defending but Martinez made no mistakes and was solid. Still waiting for his great passing to happen.

Robertd0803

Love his mentality. As someone else said earlier Dalot seems to have bought in to it and Malacia brings a fresh outlook as well. Varane can now concentrate on defending.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Varane took care of most of the defending but Martinez made no mistakes and was solid. Still waiting for his great passing to happen.
His passing has been good. I’ve already seen him play some lovely simple passes first time down the line that I don’t see from many central defenders. The goal we scored last week was a perfect example of what happens when your CB is comfortable passing first time with his left foot.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
That run he made from the back was awesome, wish he kept just a bit more composure.

A-man

His passing has been good. I’ve already seen him play some lovely simple passes first time down the line that I don’t see from many central defenders. The goal we scored last week was a perfect example of what happens when your CB is comfortable passing first time with his left foot.
We've already seen some good passing from him.
We’ll I don’t agree but of course it is subjective. I think his passing has been ok but nothing special.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We needed players that you genuinely wouldn't want to get in a scrap with.

I worried, just like everyone else probably did after the Brentford game.

I'm pleasantly surprised. He's exactly what you expect an Argentinian defender to be, a bastard. Having tenacious Melacia next to him makes me happy too. Add Varane not looking like a fish out of water next to him and Casemiro in midfield and suddenly we look so much less easy to score against.

Valencia Shin Crosses

We’ll I don’t agree but of course it is subjective. I think his passing has been ok but nothing special.
But what would you consider special? Constantly spraying balls like Scholes and creating chances every game? I don't think we necessarily need "special" passing, just quality assured passing between the lines and being able to release it quickly instead of dithering on the ball. Anything else is a bonus for me.

AFC NimbleThumb

Having spent 3 seasons being force fed reactive, clumsy defending it honestly is a joy to watch a player be proactive in defence the way this guy is. He’ll make mistakes but it won’t be because he didn’t bother & that for me has been a big frustration.

Accompany that with the fact he’s a genuine ball play defender too, he’s been a joy to watch since getting Varane alongside him.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
It’s rare you’d say ‘I could watch him all day long’ about a player that plays CB, but that’s how I feel. Just a class player.

cpresc

I loved how neat the start Vardy tried to bosh him out the way boy couldn’t move him an inch.

and I absolutely LOVED when Dalit made the block and you could see how fired up he was and how he wanted to share that energy with Martinez.

we’ve gone from donkey to ox and I love our defence now

Grande

There’s hints of Nemanja about him. Ruthless, intelligent, one step ahead. He is not panzer, but he doesn’t lose a duel, and he is a leisure to watch on the ball.

Honestly, he is the Paul Scholes of centre backs.

ManRed

There was a moment in the first half where he turned back to the keeper, instead of passing back he just turner back and made a brilliant pass to Scott who was open in midfield. That alone won my heart that he is not afraid to play. Been long since we had such a CB

criticalanalysis

We've already seen some good passing from him.
But what would you consider special? Constantly spraying balls like Scholes and creating chances every game? I don't think we necessarily need "special" passing, just quality assured passing between the lines and being able to release it quickly instead of dithering on the ball. Anything else is a bonus for me.
Lindelof's biggest fanboy trying to downplay Martinez' performance. Walk away from this one boys, don't waste your time.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
When him and Dalot went absolutely crazy after Diogo blocked a cross was both hilarious and brilliant. What a character
I loved how neat the start Vardy tried to bosh him out the way boy couldn’t move him an inch.

and I absolutely LOVED when Dalit made the block and you could see how fired up he was and how he wanted to share that energy with Martinez.

we’ve gone from donkey to ox and I love our defence now
Ha, found it! Very short bit, but still.

gza the genius

This little bit of passing from him in the beginning of this video was really nice. He wasn't quite as involved as the previous two games but he was still very good.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Varane carried him tonight. He's clearly very good but it looks like he's still getting used to the pace of the league and isn't used to having so little time on the ball just yet.
Probably a mental thing. Not used to having so many high-intensity games in a row after coming from Ajax. Mentally tired.

A-man

With special I mean something extra compared to the other CBs. Yesterday I thought Varane was the better passer.

Lindelof's biggest fanboy trying to downplay Martinez' performance. Walk away from this one boys, don't waste your time.
Downplay? Could you give me a couple of examples from yesterday where you thought his passing was fantastic and a level above the other CBs?

Last edited:

Ekeke

He had some good moments, but wasnt as good as the previous matches. Had a nice dribble through several players but then cocked up his right footed pass into the next player and Varane moved into a good position to deal with the break. And the great passing move he was involved in thats been posted.

Varane absolutely was the stronger performer on the day but Lisandro did his part.

ForeverRed1

We needed him. He brings some grit and determination and it’s infectious on the others at the back. He celebrates tackles like they are goals. Love his energy.

Real Name

He had some good moments, but wasnt as good as the previous matches. Had a nice dribble through several players but then cocked up his right footed pass into the next player and Varane moved into a good position to deal with the break. And the great passing move he was involved in thats been posted.

Varane absolutely was the stronger performer on the day but Lisandro did his part.
Yes, was too much confident few times, try to go solo one time and lost the ball and complicated too much on the ball in other instance but overall another good game.

Real Name

This partnership Varane formed in no time. Its really looking good at the moment and will be even better. It's really important to have a firm CB partnership, not change it practically every game like before.

Hughes35

Him and Varane have been superb the last 3 games. Some partnerships just click and this seems to be one of them.

If both can stay fit, they will be the base for our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.