View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

BuzzKillington

Huge miss if he's out for any length of time.

Hope we jus go sensible and don't move loads of players around to accommodate if he's missing.

new back 4 of Dalot, Varane, Maguire, Shaw is fine.

The biggest worry is that Varane now falls apart again.
Tbf it’d be more surprising if he didn’t.

bstb3

Any updates, on the job, can't catch up with news.

And feck our luck this season.
We've probably all thought about Football whilst on the job, it certainly makes things last, but posting on here at the time? Crikey that takes some courage. "Are you recording us with that phone" "No, it's ok, I'm on Redcafe"...

Juicy Juiced

We've probably all thought about Football whilst on the job, it certainly makes things last, but posting on here at the time? Crikey that takes some courage. "Are you recording us with that phone" "No, it's ok, I'm on Redcafe"...
No need to be like that. I am in my 18. hour of my shift and redcafe is fastest way to get updates.
And I am old.

bstb3

No need to be like that. I am in my 18. hour of my shift and redcafe is fastest way to get updates.
And I am old.
You may have missed my joke, but nevermind :). Not sure where you are based but 'on the job' in the UK has other meanings too, it was just a play on words.
We haven't heard anything yet on Licha, hopefully it's not as bad as thought.

Winrar

Frightening how different we look as a team with his inclusion... and how unlucky he is with injuries this season. :annoyed:

Coxy

This has nothing to do with being injury prone, the guy landed on his knee ffs.
I know I know but the poor guy constantly getting injured at the moment. (Well perhaps I’m being a touch dramatic there)

ShinjiNinja26

This injury prone narrative needs to stop. He’s had two injuries since he’s joined, it’s just very unfortunate they may both be lengthy ones. Injury prone isn’t defined by the length of time a player is out for, it’s the amount of injuries they suffer on a regular basis.

Last edited:

GueRed

Gutted for him.

At least he'll be back for the last month of the season or so....

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good news that it's nothing torn and no surgery needed. Obviously we'd prefer no injury, but a situation like that was a hair away from being out until 2025 and not being at full form until 25/26.

Onerealunited

So basically out for the season. We shouldn't work on getting him back asap. give him time to build up and be ready for the new season. Maybe give him 5-10 minutes here and there at the end of the season if he is proper ready but should really be well managed....

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Apologies, worded it horrifically.
The way the knee bent into valgus (knee going in, while foot going out) - could easily “sprain” the medial collateral ligament - which could be at least 4 weeks out.

Hopefully it was a simple jarring of the knee, but I always wince when I see that sort of unnatural knee bend.

Edit: Just read the most recent posts and now seen Ten Hagg’s comments so it looks like I may be right in terms of what may be injured.

For what it’s worth, I’m a doctor with a sports medicine degree so I thought I’d put my two cents in there.
I see you were correct here with the sprained MCL prediction as was the guy on the video.

Is the 6-8 weeks out not quite a lot for a sprain though? I thought this seemed more the timeframe for a grade 3 tear

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
By the time he's back he'll basically have gone a year without having a sustained period of playing for us. Horrendous luck.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
2 months... Fecking hell.

I don't buy into the "could have been worse" mindset. "Awfully unlucky" is better than "cosmically unlucky" of course, but that doesn't make it suck any less.

cyberman

It’s not worst case scenario but certainly not best case scenario either.
It’s the best case scenario by a mile?
We have a tough run in, he really only misses Villa and City away. Back for Chelsea away and Liverpool not long after

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Thank god nothing major but it means we probably won't get champions league, we really need him for the big games

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There's only 15 weeks of the league season left. If it's any sort of serious injury he's done. Even if he's not I'd focus on getting him ready for next season now anyway.
And we're down to 1 game a week until it ends, too, so there's no massive need to rush him back in for cup competitions either.

always_hoping

While better news than the dreaded ACL but two month out is a massive blow to Uniteds top 4/5 chances.

A much better team with him playing, one of the few leaders on the field and simply no like for like replacement.

Premier league matches he'll miss

Villa (A)
Luton (A)
Fulham (H)
Man City (A)
Everton (H)
Sheffield United (H)
Brentford (A)

Possible comeback game Chelsea (A) on April 3rd?

GledTheRed

So basically out for the season. We shouldn't work on getting him back asap. give him time to build up and be ready for the new season. Maybe give him 5-10 minutes here and there at the end of the season if he is proper ready but should really be well managed....
No, basically out for between 1-2 months.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
So, in optimistic scenario he will be available for about 20% of this season in total?
Just push the reset button and see you in mid August.

hobbers

So a bad ligament sprain, probably 6 weeks out.

It sucks but it could have been a lot worse. He'll miss 7 games for us if he comes back after the international break.