Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annahnomoss

Shaw was very good today. Not sure how he can be critiqued after not playing for so long and then walking straight in to the toughest fixture of the year and then doing this. He was good regardless of circumstances and I loved the way he just kept on getting forward even just before being subbed.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Very good performance. Quite a good player we've got here.

Skills

Snitch
He offer everything Blind does (though some at a slightly lower level due to him being only 18 years old vs a 24 year old) + he's a much better defender, quicker and has a real ability to drive the ball forward.

MoskvaRed

His performance was definitely the highlight of today. Like most people, I was shocked by the sub as I fancied we'd get a penalty at least if he carried on making his driving runs into the box. After a full pre-season with Van Gaal, I think we'll see any lingering fitness issues sorted out.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
For someone who hasn't played much and has had questions of fitness directed at him, he did much better today than he had any right to. A real threat down the left and I hope it leads to an extended run in the team. He's gonna be one of the best in his position, no doubt.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it must have been a pre-planned sub to make sure he got no reouccurance of the hamstring injury. Everybody knows the last 10 minutes is when your the most tired/injuries happen.

Gutted though as he was the only person who was making real use of the space, and when Blackett came on it completely killed our momentum.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I thought he started solid defensively, but a little hesitant going forward. He looked better and better going forward as the game went on though. I just hope him going off was precautionary, rather than turning out to be an injury like all the others after the City game.

Classical Mechanic

His performance was definitely the highlight of today. Like most people, I was shocked by the sub as I fancied we'd get a penalty at least if he carried on making his driving runs into the box. After a full pre-season with Van Gaal, I think we'll see any lingering fitness issues sorted out.
It was a fitness issue. Van Gaal was protecting the player. He shouldn't criticised for that.

OneUnited24

Best player on the pitch for me. I've been puzzled why hes not been in the team but i'm guessing like Rafael LvG doesnt fancy him

SirAF

Ageist
He was fecking brilliant, that's why I've been calling on him to get his LB spot back from Blind immediately! He offers so much pace and power.

Raw

I still have to remind myself that he's 19 years old, incredible for someone his age to easily deal with the toughness of the Premier League.

SirAF

Ageist
Best player on the pitch for me. I've been puzzled why hes not been in the team but i'm guessing like Rafael LvG doesnt fancy him
He clearly fancies him, but LvG likes his players to have trained sufficiently after being injured.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Forget the comparisons with Ashley Cole. He's more Luke Maldini in his style of play. Ok maybe that's a bit too much too soon, but he really has a similar throwback no nonsense approach to the game, maturity and composure beyond his years, effortless balance in defense and attack, and almost identical physical stature in an era where short, nimble fullbacks are considered the norm. Just needs to stay fit and we don't even have to worry about the left back position for a long long time. Heir to the consistently excellent and reliable Irwin, Evra role. :)

R'hllor

Very good today,being subbed is also a good thing and good decision. You need to tick few boxes in LvG world so you say that you are fit also you need to do few things after injury if you want to be fit to play.

The_Midfielder

Sometimes I think GUardiola and LVG have the same thought process.. pack the team with as much midfielders as you can... See Valencia play right back as a midfielder... Blind plays left back as a midfielder.. See McNair and the way he plays CB, as a midfielder....

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Nah, a lot of the time when fit, Shaw has played. Problem has been around the Arsenal game it looked like he was slipping over the place a fair bit and might have tweaked something hence coming off around half time and not playing since, just to try and build his fitness back up I guess.

It was a fitness issue. Van Gaal was protecting the player. He shouldn't criticised for that.
Yep, with the amount of running Shaw was doing on his first game back, no point in getting him to play the full 90 and risk an injury. Guessing RVP wasn't used as any of the subs as he wasn't fit enough and was just on the bench as a last resort.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's fast as shit. It's almost like he doesn't believe it himself sometimes. I just wanted him to keep running and get behind Ivan, but he kept stopping. I don't know if LvG has his full backs on a leash in certain situations, but I'd like to see him just go at his opposite number more. His pace is something else. Looking forward to seeing him when he's 100% fit and is in good match rhythm.

He's got a good head on him too, seems to always make the right decisions, his link up play is good, and he keeps the ball well. Defensively strong too. He's a tough little blighter. Hope he can stay fit and see out the season strongly.

Trizy

Nothing needs to be said about his performance that hasn't already been said, but...

what about his first touch? Can't think of a full back with a better touch.

Bwuk

Just a far better left back than Blind. His pace on the overlap is brilliant.

FromTheBench

He's fast as shit. It's almost like he doesn't believe it himself sometimes. I just wanted him to keep running and get behind Ivan, but he kept stopping. I don't know if LvG has his full backs on a leash in certain situations, but I'd like to see him just go at his opposite number more. His pace is something else. Looking forward to seeing him when he's 100% fit and is in good match rhythm.
Yep when he's playing one 2 or running in from deeper his pace and then composure on the ball at that pace is great.

But when he comes face to face with a defender due to lack of dribbling ability he checks back too much. What i want him to do more is just kick the ball in behind and chase it like Bale does. Just use your raw pace, nothing fancy.

Sylar

Decent first half, better second half. Lost momentum when he went off and pretty much killed our chance of an equaliser when it was Blackett that came on for him.

He will get better especially with a preseason with us. Looks like he could take over Evra long term especially if we play a possession based game like the game proved.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was class for the most part. Started really well, then was frustrating for the second half of the first half as he turned back every time and never looked to run past someone. Second half was really good though. Now if only he can stay fit.

Acole9

Outstanding
Very good performance for his first match in a while, such a talent this lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.