Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

We lost all impetus when he came off. It would've been good to see him link up with Di Maria in the last 10. He was obviously not fit enough though.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I thought he was great. I hope he starts again next week.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He'll be a monster in future. What a performance.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Where are all the feckers who were moaning about his performance today? You guys need to get your eyes checked.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Our left-back for many years to come. Just needs to stay injury free and a couple of years experience and he'll be a top player.

Happy to see him prove the doubters wrong today.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Very promising performance. He was bit shy in the first half but he was excellent later on.

When he started niggling I wanted to break my TV, but luckily it was nothing(hopefully).

Castia

Hopefully he will be a big player for us next season, he's a great talent.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I love this kid. This is why I want him to be the starting LB even when Blind is back. He has electrifying pace, he is physically strong and what I love most about him he is a fighter and not in a reckless way. He will not allow anyone to push him off the ball. I also think he should have played the full 90 minutes it might have been good for him mentally to have to push himself.

Leg-End

That showed why we paid the money for him.

I think he looked a bit knackered towards the end of the 1st half but he got his second wind. Now lets keep him fit and see him in a run of games.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Created two 100 % chances with inventive passing and attacking play. Our best player today I thought.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Serious pace. Had a few iffy moments where he looked rusty, but overall looked really dangerous. Shame we didn't see him and Di Maria together, since Blackett doesn't have a clue how to overlap.

NoLogo

Him and McNair really were our best players today which is a bit sad given that we needed a top notch performance from our attacking force. I just hope he can stay injury free now for a longer time so he can really develop properly over the next few seasons.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Excellent game. Should not have been taken off.

JonDahl

Excellent game. Should not have been taken off.
Heard something about a hamstring? I really wanted him to stay on but long term it might have been for the best. Was our biggest threat today, man of the match.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
His best performance for United. Absolutely superb.

I was beginning to think he might struggle to displace Blind but he's juts reminded me of how good he is.

Truedevil

He's bloody good. Wasn't rusty at all after not playing for a long time. And he is so quick:eek:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
In the second half the only times we really looked dangerous was when we got Shaw in behind. I was baffled by his substitution. Blackett was as effective as a wet blanket in a thunderstorm.

prarek

Immense today. Best player along with Herrera. And to think i was worried about Blind not playing.

Scrumpet

There are no words
I know Drogba is only slightly more mobile than my Granny at this stage, but Shaw robbing him and leaving him for dead was class.

wr8_utd

:'(
He's been top class defensively all season but he finally had a game where he was amazing going forward as well. Taking him off killed the game for us.

Tyrion

Where are all the feckers who were moaning about his performance today? You guys need to get your eyes checked.
My thoughts exactly. I checked the Caf at half time and couldn't believe that some actually thought he was playing badly. He threatened them more than anyone else in our team imo.

justboy68

Very promising today. Great athlete and a natural defender. Plenty of time to develop that general footballing ability and eventually he could become a very good left back. Most important thing is to keep fit though. Too many injuries can seriously stall growth so hopefully he can avoid the treatment table from now on.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Has anyone who wanted Blind as our first choice LB changed their mind now? Blind is a more intelligent (for now) but he's never gonna be capable of the sort of penetration and cover Shaw is, Shaw is much better at taking the ball in his stride and is simply way way faster.

m1y2

for the first time playing behind a winger and he does well, what a surprise. It's been really a great performance from him considering how much time he was off. I'm glad for him he was our best attacking player today, shame Valencia, Mata or Fellaini, Falcao weren't on the same level we could easily win this game with luck not being completely on Chelsea's side..

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Has anyone who wanted Blind as our first choice LB changed their mind now? Blind is a more intelligent (for now) but he's never gonna be capable of the sort of penetration and cover Shaw is, Shaw is much better at taking the ball in his stride and is simply way way faster.
Plus I think a lot of Blind's best qualities would be wasted playing FB full time. He shows much more potential as a midfielder.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
His best performance for us, and considering he hasn't played in about 100 years (it feels) it was even more impressive. He and McNair were great today.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Plus I think a lot of Blind's best qualities would be wasted playing FB full time. He shows much more potential as a midfielder.
Yeah this too. I've sung Blind's praises in response to people who want to buy another DMF to cover and eventually replace Carrick, its not that I dont like blind, far from it... Just not as a left back.

saivet

There were some strange comments in the matchday thread, especially at half time. A couple of guys were laying into him. Odd I thought

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If we had no other options, I would like to see Shaw at left wing and Blind at left back for once to see how they match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.