Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Hopefully his injury hasn't effected him too much as a player, one of the most talented young defenders in Europe at his best, best of luck, Luke!
Here here, he was looking superb for us before his injury, even given his premature end I would still say he was one of our best players this season.

klayton88

What is the latest? Do we expect him at the start of the season or is he a fair bit off?

mintsnake4

I haven't heard anything to suggest that he won't be there for pre season like the rest of the lads. I hope that's the case as he could be such a big player for us next season, if he can rediscover his pre-injury form of course. He could be a beast under Mourinho..

SomeRandomPerson

I swear Luke Shaw's twitter is just weird at times. Though he does seem to have been working hard (no sexual innuendo :nervous:) during the off-season. Can't wait for him and Martial together :drool: ( I swear I'm not gay :nervous:)

m1y2

I swear Luke Shaw's twitter is just weird at times. Though he does seem to have been working hard (no sexual innuendo :nervous:) during the off-season. Can't wait for him and Martial together :drool: ( I swear I'm not gay :nervous:)
get back to gym and work hard like other players, your vacation has been long enough, ffs!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What the photo doesn't show is that he's been slacking on leg day.

We need an rvn

He looks like a proper fit footballing athlete in that pic. Ie. Memphis for me is needs to lose about 7lb in muscle and get some speed back.

Some footballers are looking more like 100 meter guys who are just bulk muscle for short term gain but they can't run 9k a match.
Good luck luke, like many on here hope you get that form of early season back and we've arguably one of the best left sides in Europe with like and martial

Trizy

He looks like a proper fit footballing athlete in that pic. Ie. Memphis for me is needs to lose about 7lb in muscle and get some speed back.

Some footballers are looking more like 100 meter guys who are just bulk muscle for short term gain but they can't run 9k a match.
Good luck luke, like many on here hope you get that form of early season back and we've arguably one of the best left sides in Europe with like and martial
He's in perfect shape for a footballer. Memphis is at least 3 time the size of him.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
get back to gym and work hard like other players, your vacation has been long enough, ffs!
Vacation? Rehabilitation after such a bad injury is anything but vacation. He probably worked harder than the other players did to recover from it.

Physically he will get back to what he was before the injury with time. The question is if he's able to overcome the mental barrier every time he's running with the ball and there's a possibility of a 50% challenge.

m1y2

Vacation? Rehabilitation after such a bad injury is anything but vacation. He probably worked harder than the other players did to recover from it.

Physically he will get back to what he was before the injury with time. The question is if he's able to overcome the mental barrier every time he's running with the ball and there's a possibility of a 50% challenge.
I was only 10% serious

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Anyone else staying away from the Shaw thread pretending he doesn't exist until he comes through his first few games. I can't stand the thought of finding out if he has suffered a set back.

A fit Luke Shaw will be immense for us. Defensively and offensively he's going to add a whole new dimension to our game if he gets his old fitness back.

PepsiCola

Anyone else staying away from the Shaw thread pretending he doesn't exist until he comes through his first few games. I can't stand the thought of finding out if he has suffered a set back.

A fit Luke Shaw will be immense for us. Defensively and offensively he's going to add a whole new dimension to our game if he gets his old fitness back.
I've been doing this all season :(

Can't wait to see him line up for us again this coming season! He was a joy to watch early season, a definite bright spark. Can't wait to see him link up with Martial on the left.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I've been doing this all season :(

Can't wait to see him line up for us again this coming season! He was a joy to watch early season, a definite bright spark. Can't wait to see him link up with Martial on the left.
Its a really weird feeling, normally when a player of ours gets injured.. I am not too fussed, I remember Rooney and his metatarsal etc, I was eagerly anticipating his return and refreshing every 5 minutes. This injury just traumatised me and I just want him to come back 100%.

PepsiCola

Its a really weird feeling, normally when a player of ours gets injured.. I am not too fussed, I remember Rooney and his metatarsal etc, I was eagerly anticipating his return and refreshing every 5 minutes. This injury just traumatised me and I just want him to come back 100%.
I had a horrible pit in my stomach when I saw the replay. The players performance against Ajax that match was really telling. What made it worse was that it came from a moment of excitement where Luke broke through the defence with great energy. I'm sure he'll come back 100%, the tidbits of his recovery I've seen on social media seem to indicate so!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I had a horrible pit in my stomach when I saw the replay. The players performance against Ajax that match was really telling. What made it worse was that it came from a moment of excitement where Luke broke through the defence with great energy. I'm sure he'll come back 100%, the tidbits of his recovery I've seen on social media seem to indicate so!
Lets hope so.. its a cliche to say Player X is a new signing but with him it really does feel like that!

SomeRandomPerson

The link up play with Martial will hopefully be godly...
Can only hope it would be Beckham and Neville-esque. Only Shaw and Martial are both arguably more talented/exciting than David Beckham and Gary Neville. I have never been more certain of 2 players becoming world class.

jungledrums

Can only hope it would be Beckham and Neville-esque. Only Shaw and Martial are both arguably more talented/exciting than David Beckham and Gary Neville. I have never been more certain of 2 players becoming world class.
Potential-wise, I most certainly agree!
Do we think Shaw will start our first pre-season game?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
PSV? ;)

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Will be brilliant seeing him in the line-up again but I doubt we'll be seeing him anywhere near his best this season (if ever :nervous:). I remember when Ramsey had the same injury his first season back was almost a write-off, with people saying he'd never be the same player again. Even if he's 100% physically, it will take him a long time to shake the fear of another serious injury every time he gets on the ball and that tiny loss in focus makes a huge difference in performance at this level.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Will be brilliant seeing him in the line-up again but I doubt we'll be seeing him anywhere near his best this season (if ever :nervous:). I remember when Ramsey had the same injury his first season back was almost a write-off, with people saying he'd never be the same player again. Even if he's 100% physically, it will take him a long time to shake the fear of another serious injury every time he gets on the ball and that tiny loss in focus makes a huge difference in performance at this level.
Also looking at people predicting him to be in Jose’s first starting XI, I think it’s realistic to see him playing full matches by the end of the year and hopefully at his best during the second half of the season.

itso 7

Welcome back btw, I think you are making a solid point about how it will take the boy some time before he is back to his best and its certainly true. I hope Mourinho will look to use CBJ more early on and monitor Shaw as the the season progresses.

Bwuk

I agree with this.

Would not surprise me if Blind plays a lot of games at left back next season.

Dobbs

Yeah agree. Probably why I disagree with those who say no rush. I don't want him to return before its medically safe but he's been away long enough now.

3KDré

I'd love for him to come back as he started the season. I think he was our best player in most of the games he played in last season. He is also criminally underrated by a lot of people.

Unfortunately I can't see it happening though. Would love to see him back to his best but I don't think it will happen. Would be a shame to see such a great talent wasted, he's got it all. Dribbling, pace, height and physicality etc etc.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As long as you keep up the faith, eh...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can't speak for everyone else but I have every faith in him getting back to his best. Eventually. Just think that this season will be too soon to expect to see the same player he was leading up to that injury.
I do agree, I was directing my post more at the guy directly above, which is very doom and gloom. Good to see you back on the forums, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.