Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spock

I really hope that United and England are not crazy enough to play Shaw now or to take him to Euros. He should get all the needed time to heal properly and then start playing in preseason.
I'll see your advice and raise you a Bo-Jack.

We're pretty well covered at left back, starting with Bo-Jack. Darmian even does a decent job there. Whatever it takes to get Shaw back to the right physical and mental place we need to push Luke along to get there but not push him too quickly. September, October...fine. But I suspect he'll be good to go in August.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I hope he's rushed back and starts at the Euros, there I said it. I think England really good go far this tournament and Shaw is by far our best option at left back.

Spock

No according to Van Gaal.
That's the right answer. Tofu has been immense and Luke should take all the time he needs to get back to 100% fitness, physically and mentally. That might be July 1 but there's no point in taking any kind of risk whatsoever with an earlier return date to intense training and competitive action.

Riz

I'll be pretty pissed if he goes to the Euro's. Hope Wayne has had a word with him since he's gone on record saying one his biggest regrets was rushing himself back for the 2006 World Cup.

saivet

Not sure why some are worried. Pretty sure Roy won't pick him. He's not come back yet and at most it looks like he'll get a few mins in our final game. Baines, Bertrand, Rose and Cresswell are all ahead of him. England aren't desperate for LBs.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Pretty sure he won't be going to the euros. Roy can feck himself.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's the right answer. Tofu has been immense and Luke should take all the time he needs to get back to 100% fitness, physically and mentally. That might be July 1 but there's no point in taking any kind of risk whatsoever with an earlier return date to intense training and competitive action.

Sir A1ex

I hope he's rushed back and starts at the Euros, there I said it. I think England really good go far this tournament and Shaw is by far our best option at left back.
Can't see it helping anybody. Even if it doesn't actually set him back, he's not exactly known for finding it easy to reach ideal physical condition - can't see him being fit enough to be of use in about 6 weeks time, when he's not even in full training yet.

Gladiator

I hope he doesn't go euros. Unnecessary. I've seen how some fans want Wilshere to go to Euros. It's April and he's just got back to fitness. Not sure it's the risk you want to take.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Not sure why some are worried. Pretty sure Roy won't pick him. He's not come back yet and at most it looks like he'll get a few mins in our final game. Baines, Bertrand, Rose and Cresswell are all ahead of him. England aren't desperate for LBs.
1) If Shaw is fit then he's two levels above that named players

2)
Baines: Will never play again for England under Hodgson
Bertrand: Good player but nothing special
Rose: Good player but nothing special
Cresswell: Good player but nothing special and has never played for England

saivet

1) If Shaw is fit then he's two levels above that named players

2)
Baines: Will never play again for England under Hodgson
Bertrand: Good player but nothing special
Rose: Good player but nothing special
Cresswell: Good player but nothing special and has never played for England
He may well be but the chances of him being fit, never mind match fit looks extremely unlikely at this point. Despite his ability, it would not make footballing sense to pick Shaw, after playing only say 30 minutes of football within several months above any of these guys. Even if he is physically capable, he will likely be rusty anyway.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
He won't go to the Euros, if Roy is to have a brainfart around squad selection it's likely to be Wilshere.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Shaw not going to the Euro's is probably best for Shaw himself. Some of you need a good talk with yourselves...

Think about what that also means. It means an abbreviated summer training with the team when he needs to be eased in slowly so that he's at his peak for our opening match of next season.

WhoDaGOAT

He's only 20. There will be other tournaments.

He should work on building up his fitness over the summer and then come back ready to go in early August.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
He may well be but the chances of him being fit, never mind match fit looks extremely unlikely at this point. Despite his ability, it would not make footballing sense to pick Shaw, after playing only say 30 minutes of football within several months above any of these guys. Even if he is physically capable, he will likely be rusty anyway.
Oh sorry i didn't mean he should go to the Euros.
But you have said "England aren't desperate for LBs" and i just think England don't have a quality replacement for Shaw.
Shaw (if he can stay fit) will surely reach Ashley Cole's level and the others like Baines/Rose/Gibbs/Bertrand/Cresswell are just "Wayne Bridge's".

Brophs

The One and Only
Some people seem to think that going to the Euros would be a good thing but after an injury like the one he suffered his training routine will naturally be tailored towards properly rehabbing the injury and allowing him to build up to sustainable and long term fitness rather than racing towards ticking the box marked "match fitness". Doing that while being away with England, in a pressured environment and with people whose responsibility would be to get him ready for the games in the Euros would be a huge risk, IMO. His long term fitness won't be particularly enhanced by going to the Euros but it could be massively damaged.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

Raw

Nice one Luke. I really really can't wait until he gets back, probably going to have to wait until next season :(

eggwithsideburns

We have so many promising young players, I almost forgot about Shaw when thinking about it. I cant wait to see him back.

Bwuk

Can't wait to have a proper left back again. Watching Rojo struggle there is awful.

Riz

"Retired water board ‘listener’ William became an avowed United fan after meeting and becoming friends with ‘Busby Babe’ Duncan Edwards while the pair did their national service as 18-year-olds."

Incredible. Fantastic gesture from Luke, I hope he makes it to the final and the boys win him a trophy to celebrate.

Ole90+3

He almost has become the next Evra in a way.

Absolutely everyone associated with the club is routing for him. He has an excellent attitude and seems to be over the moon to be playing for United.

The club's next sweetheart. Don't think I've ever wanted a player to fulfil his potential more. He needs to come back from the injury with the exact same on the field attitude as before the injury - can't imagine how difficult that will be for him - real test of character.

Bwuk

He almost has become the next Evra in a way.

Absolutely everyone associated with the club is routing for him. He has an excellent attitude and seems to be over the moon to be playing for United.

The club's next sweetheart. Don't think I've ever wanted a player to fulfil his potential more. He needs to come back from the injury with the exact same on the field attitude as before the injury - can't imagine how difficult that will be for him - real test of character.
Evra is a legend. Shaw has had a handful of good games. He wasn't even all that great in his first season here, let's not get carried away.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Hope he doesn't play till pre-season. Just recover now, skip the Euros and can be eased in at the start of next season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In the leaked England line up he has been included in the squad with Smalling and Rooney.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
England have Rose and Bertrand, and Cresswell too, so I don't see the idea of taking Shaw to the Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.