g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Luke Shaw image 23

Luke Shaw England flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He really isn't.

I think what's happened, is that you've beaten a second string Barca team in the CL group stages and forgotten that your PL form over the last 5 matches is EXACTLY the same as Utd's - 1 win, 3 draws, 1 loss.

So, your super-manager isn't doing any better than our 'declining' Mourinho over the last 5 matches!

You're just 6 points ahead, despite us being 'in crisis'.
He showed top class form right from his debut at such a tender age, unbeatable in his debut season, even better in the beginning of his 2nd season. He's coming from a very ling injury, let's give him some time to get to his normal state. He was a more nailed on potential world class player than any of the others imo.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Ah sorry, when you put "RvP like", I read it as "RvP like" but I read it wrongly?

That's odd as all of the Co92 said they learned so much from watching Eric (in fact some of the older players did too) and later players said same thing about Ronny but they were all talking bollocks? Gotcha.

Now anyone saying they learn from watching Rooney I'd agree was bollocks.... unless it's "How not to".
They sey that about almost every experienced player who was exceptional, they might have learned things but I dont think it determines the player you turn out to be. We have had Bergkamp as an assistent coach for years at Ajax and only Dolberg seems to have actually picked something from that.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He showed top class form right from his debut at such a tender age, unbeatable in his debut season, even better in the beginning of his 2nd season. He's coming from a very ling injury, let's give him some time to get to his normal state. He was a more nailed on potential world class player than any of the others imo.
He's good, but his talent gets hyped/over-exaggerated in retrospect.

Same thing we've done with Jones and Smalling.

If you compare him to other top full-backs in the PL, you quickly see that he's a level below and has actually never been more than a player with potential...

I felt for him so much when he was injured so horrendously, and I also thought his recovery was admirable, but I think that his injury and the sympathy it generated have led to people hyping his talent even more than it was already being done.

Defensively he isn't, and never will be the best - his positioning and intelligence just aren't naturally that high, and these are things that are difficult to coach into a player. Defensively he's far from a Mourinho full-back, that's for sure.

Offensively he's obviously stronger, but still contributes very little compared to other attacking full backs and he's yet to score a single senior career goal for any club (I think, could be wrong on this).

He's also regularly unfit - both before and after his comeback.

I think if United signed one of the Bournemouth fullbacks in January (which we might), or someone like Fuchs, you'd very quickly see people realizing that Shaw, while good, has been being over-rated massively since his signing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If he gets his off-field troubles fixed he'll be a great long term solution for us.

We forget he's still a boy and has had a horrific injury. His hunger for the game may well have dipped following the leg break, having a far more cautious outlook on his pain threshold etc. Mourinho is giving him tough love but there is little doubt in my mind that he'l rise to it.

When our manager seemingly criticised his mistake in a game during an interview, Shaw came out and said it doesn't bother him one bit and his relationship is fine IIRC.

Devil may care

This thread is certainly useful for spotlighting those that never wanted Jose in the first place. Shaw needs to knuckle down or if he can't hack some criticism then leave, I notice Smalling hasn't piped up yet despite being plastered over the papers as one of the main 2 Jose was annoyed with, maybe the fact he came up under Fergie has given him the right idea of how to respect your boss.

Rhyme Animal

I can only conclude you have never actually watched Shaw play.
What previous Mourinho full backs would you compare anything of Shaw's game to?

And do you think Shaw's defensive intelligence and positioning is good enough for a starter in a top side?

Answering both of these questions will further your abilities to reach more, shall we say, 'developed' conclusions.

Last edited:

acnumber9

They had won 5 Serie A titles in a row so that's a weird statement to call multiple title winners losers.
For reasons of pedantry they'd 'won' two at the time and got nowhere in the Champions League. They haven't won it since he left. You can downplay his achievements all you like but it's better to do it with facts if you can.

Mihai

He can also convince champions Chelsea that they are now relegation battling losers. He can also win La Liga by 9 points, go into the season as champions, lose the dressing room and finish 15 points behind the team you finished above the season before. Inter Milan natural born losers? They had won 5 Serie A titles in a row so that's a weird statement to call multiple title winners losers.
And He did well at helping young players like De Bruyne and Lukaku understand what it takes to be at the very top, so well in fact that they flourished soon as they left him and got faith put in them by other managers. I guess 10 minutes is enough.

regarding squads not "filled with superstars." Chelsea having already been in the top 2 in the league (better than 90% of their rivals), possessing players like Duff, Lamps, Makalele, Gallas, Cole, then went and spent a further fortune on Carvalho, Drogba, Kezman and Robben. Inter Milan had the likes of Eto'o Lucio Samuel Zanetti, Maicon, Sneidjer. They are top players so I dunno why you are making out like they were average squads, despite that they were all champions
Actually Mourinho convinced Sneijder to move from Real Madrid to Inter. As far as I remember he kept sending him text messages (at least these were the rumors in Italy back then) and convinced him to come to Milan in the last day of transfer window. They also paid something like 12 milion for him. Two seasons later, Sneijder became one of the best in Europe.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
This thread is certainly useful for spotlighting those that never wanted Jose in the first place. Shaw needs to knuckle down or if he can't hack some criticism then leave, I notice Smalling hasn't piped up yet despite being plastered over the papers as one of the main 2 Jose was annoyed with, maybe the fact he came up under Fergie has given him the right idea of how to respect your boss.
it is also a useful spotlight for those, who change their opinion every few weeks depending on short-term events.

Love him, for some reason he reminds me of Becks.

I am amazed at how he's hit the ground running, his desire and commitment to his rehab and work prior to pre-season is a great example. He handled Mahrez well all afternoon and only made one error on a cross. At the other end his overlaps were good and I love how he picks someone out rather than just blindly hammering the cross in.

Stacks

For reasons of pedantry they'd 'won' two at the time and got nowhere in the Champions League. They haven't won it since he left. You can downplay his achievements all you like but it's better to do it with facts if you can.
Ok. They had won by themselves 2 in a row. so including Jose, that's 4 in a row. They were by default the dominant team (albeit because Juve got relegated). My game of devils advocate has failed. You arguments are indeed solid.

Devil may care

it is also a useful spotlight for those, who change their opinion every few weeks depending on short-term events.
How did I change my mind? My post was about him needing to respect his boss and not go to the media when he gets called out, the two posts have nothing to do with each other, even remotely bar you trying to shit stir, I praised him as a player and haven't criticized him on that level, but this talking to the media shit has too stop.

Stacks

I wanted Jose on the condition that he hits the ground running as I cannot deal with the drama/antics. It was a case of desperation as City had just got Guardiola, hence I was unsure as to who could take him on. I am willing to accept Jose warts and all if he delivers something. Kind of like selling your soul to the devil like a Chelski fan. I pretty much talked myself into it. He thus far has been a disappointment, and the antics have started way to early in my books. A fine, a suspension, calling out 3 players, banishing 2 players, all within 2.5 months. hold onto your butts lads.

acnumber9

Ok. They had won by themselves 2 in a row. so including Jose, that's 4 in a row. They were by default the dominant team (albeit because Juve got relegated). My game of devils advocate has failed. You arguments are indeed solid.
No real need for sarcasm. You embellished something to make your point seem stronger than it was. They were nowhere near winning the Champions League under anyone else. Are you arguing they weren't much better under Mourinho?

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
What previous Mourinho full backs would you compare anything of Shaw's game too?

And do you think Shaw's defensive intelligence and positioning is good enough for a starter in a top side?

Answering both of these questions will further your abilities to reach more, shall we say, 'developed' conclusions.
Defensively, a FIT Shaw reminds me of Ashley Cole, lightening fast and impossible to pass one on one. Cole was a way bigger threath offensively though.

Shaw's positioning when facing crosses from our right is a small weakness of his, but he's only 20/21 and nothing to worry about yet.

Make no mistake, Shaw is a fantastic prospect and defensively way beyond his age. He was tremendous at 18, at left back. That is not normal.

He just need to shed a few pounds. If José sell him I'd be livid!!

Devil may care

I wanted Jose on the condition that he hits the ground running as I cannot deal with the drama/antics. It was a case of desperation as City had just got Guardiola, hence I was unsure as to who could take him on. I am willing to accept Jose warts and all if he delivers something. Kind of like selling your soul to the devil like a Chelski fan. I pretty much talked myself into it. He thus far has been a disappointment, and the antics have started way to early in my books. A fine, a suspension, calling out 3 players, banishing 2 players, all within 2.5 months. hold onto your butts lads.
He's done pretty much all he can IMO, there's a lot of work needed, the squad veers from too old to a couple of years off being consistent top class players, it was never going to be instant success. Fergie got fined and suspended plenty of times, and in this case the fine was utter bullshit. As far as the players go, he rightfully cut Schweinsteiger off as he's past it, and the 3 he's called out have done nothing for this team yet, and if he feels their pampered asses need hauling out and flogged I'm all for it, this side has developed a soft underbelly like Arsenal and that needs correcting.

Stacks

No real need for sarcasm. You embellished something to make your point seem stronger than it was. They were nowhere near winning the Champions League under anyone else. Are you arguing they weren't much better under Mourinho?
No sarcasm. I was actually testing the strength of your argument by playing devils advocate. Inter Milan were like Lyon to me back in 2007/08/09.They were no threat and I saw them as the pretender to Juve who originally the likes of Zlatan, Vieira etc. Inter was truely Jose's last great tactical success (winning the CL with them).

Stacks

He's done pretty much all he can IMO, there's a lot of work needed, the squad veers from too old to a couple of years off being consistent top class players, it was never going to be instant success. Fergie got fined and suspended plenty of times, and in this case the fine was utter bullshit. As far as the players go, he rightfully cut Schweinsteiger off as he's past it, and the 3 he's called out have done nothing for this team yet, and if he feels their pampered asses need hauling out and flogged I'm all for it, this side has developed a soft underbelly like Arsenal and that needs correcting.
No he hasn't. we were joint 4th and winners of a cup. we have signed 4 players and are now worse off including 156 million spent. I look at things almost from a CEO perspective. Liverpool and Chelsea finished behind us and now title contenders for the moment. Arsenal were only 5 points ahead but now seem like title contenders also. As Scholes suggested, all the other sides look like better sides. Its always United as the one who flops nowadays. He needs to do better. Why are we 3rd in a shit Europa Cup group. Why does Zlatan play so much at 35 and Carrick doesn't? Why does Fellaini start so much? Why did we even sign Miki? why are our best and most exciting players of 2016 (this calendar year) Martial and Rashford now look disinterested. How will Rashford develop without opportunites upfront?
My biggest concern was Jose and youngsters. Thus far Martial doesn't look the same, Rashford has been shit and Shaw looks a goner. I thought we were building the next great young side like Spurs? the fact that they are young means that they are indeed going to be inconsistent and will have plenty of time to improve. My concern is whether Jose will have the patience Van Gaal had to nurture them and whether they can mentally handle his antics

Kag

What previous Mourinho full backs would you compare anything of Shaw's game to?

@Floyd is bang on. Minus some poor games post-comeback, Shaw has demonstrated on countless occasions at United and Southampton that he's a cracking defender. His one versus one defending and positioning is very good given his age.

Shaw reminds me of Ashley Cole - always has. Very good at defending while not particularly amazing going forward. Solid link up play in the build up, however.

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's good, but his talent gets hyped/over-exaggerated in retrospect.

I think if United signed one of the Bournemouth fullbacks in January (which we might), or someone like Fuchs, you'd very quickly see people realizing that Shaw, while good, has been being over-rated massively since his signing.
Spot on. He has shown us only short glimpses of real quality and it's not enough.The age argument, doesn't really qualify given the amount of time he's already been here.

Devil may care

No he hasn't. we were joint 4th and winners of a cup. we have signed 4 players and are now worse off including 156 million spent. I look at things almost from a CEO perspective. Liverpool and Chelsea finished behind us and now title contenders for the moment. Arsenal were only 5 points ahead but now seem like title contenders also. As Scholes suggested, all the other sides look like better sides. Its always United as the one who flops nowadays. He needs to do better.
Where we finished under LvG was after 38 games, you can't compare that with 11 games, and the reason we aren't higher is becasue of the players squandering chance after chance against Stoke and Burnley, he can't score the goals for the team. Klopp has had a year to drill his team and Chelsea have two genuine prime game changers who are used to the PL which Conte has been able to utilize, neither manager has a Rooney problem and neither is having to almost deprogram their team like we are having to do after 2 years of LvG's crippling robotic approach.

Why are we 3rd in a shit Europa Cup group.
Because the players think they are too good to be in it, hence why he dropped so many after the Fenerbahce game.

Why does Zlatan play so much at 35 and Carrick doesn't?
I don't know for sure, I would think it's because Zlatan is much fitter which comes from being a great athlete, which Carrick isn't.

Why does Fellaini start so much?
I hate this as well, I think it's similar to how he used Mikel, the cautious option who works hard and does exactly what he's told in tough games.

Why did we even sign Miki?
Because he's a very good player who he hoped would adapt quicker to the pressure's of playing for United.

why are our best and most exciting players of 2016 (this calendar year) Martial and Rashford now look disinterested.
They don't, Martial has off field problems with his wife and kid which have not helped, Rashford still plays with a great appetite, but people need to remember he's still a kid, there'll be plenty of spells where he looks poor.

How will Rashford develop without opportunites upfront?
It's possible that Jose doesn't see him as a striker, or doesn't trust him yet to lead the line, again he's very young and is getting a lot of game time, Iheanacho at City isn't playing more and is developing fine.

My biggest concern was Jose and youngsters. Thus far Martial doesn't look the same, Rashford has been shit and Shaw looks a goner. I thought we were building the next great young side like Spurs? the fact that they are young means that they are indeed going to be inconsistent and will have plenty of time to improve. My concern is whether Jose will have the patience Van Gaal had to nurture them and whether they can mentally handle his antics
The only one of the 3 I am worried about is Martial as Rooney has now moved into his spot and that can be a problem, but hopefully he can get past his personal issues and return to his best. Rashford is just going through the period all players his age do, the hype around him was overblown and now reality is taking over, he'll be fine. As for Shaw, I rate him but he has to get his head down and show some fight, we can't be mollycoddling him.

Sorry to break the post up, it was just the easiest way to address all of the points you made in it.

Stacks

Where we finished under LvG was after 38 games, you can't compare that with 11 games, and the reason we aren't higher is becasue of the players squandering chance after chance against Stoke and Burnley, he can't score the goals for the team. Klopp has had a year to drill his team and Chelsea have two genuine prime game changers who are used to the PL which Conte has been able to utilize, neither manager has a Rooney problem and neither is having to almost deprogram their team like we are having to do after 2 years of LvG's crippling robotic approach.

Because the players think they are too good to be in it, hence why he dropped so many after the Fenerbahce game.

I don't know for sure, I would think it's because Zlatan is much fitter which comes from being a great athlete, which Carrick isn't.

I hate this as well, I think it's similar to how he used Mikel, the cautious option who works hard and does exactly what he's told in tough games.

Because he's a very good player who he hoped would adapt quicker to the pressure's of playing for United.

They don't, Martial has off field problems with his wife and kid which have not helped, Rashford still plays with a great appetite, but people need to remember he's still a kid, there'll be plenty of spells where he looks poor.

It's possible that Jose doesn't see him as a striker, or doesn't trust him yet to lead the line, again he's very young and is getting a lot of game time, Iheanacho at City isn't playing more and is developing fine.

The only one of the 3 I am worried about is Martial as Rooney has now moved into his spot and that can be a problem, but hopefully he can get past his personal issues and return to his best. Rashford is just going through the period all players his age do, the hype around him was overblown and now reality is taking over, he'll be fine. As for Shaw, I rate him but he has to get his head down and show some fight, we can't be mollycoddling him.

Sorry to break the post up, it was just the easiest way to address all of the points you made in it.
you did fine lad

Mike09

Everytime I watched Luke Shaw plays, I think each of his performances are considered to be very good for his age. He's definitely quick, strong, knows how to defend and attack. Hes basically the future of best left back in the world. I believe in him, last season in summer he showed that he had a commitment wanted to improve his fitness by spending his holiday with the fitness coach. Jose needs to learn how to deal with him carefully. I think Shaw has the spirit want to do well but Jose thinks of him like 28 years old. 21 years old obviously going to make a few mistakes sometime it's common and I believe he always give his 100% when he plays. And to be fair though I haven't seen anything wrong about his performances so far this season apart from Watford game. He's developing to get even better. I'm sure Sir Alex would have gone a little easier to Shaw since the boy just came back from horrific injury last season.

Stacks

Everytime I watched Luke Shaw plays, I think each of his performances are considered to be very good for his age. He's definitely quick, strong, knows how to defend and attack. Hes basically the future of best left back in the world. I believe in him, last season in summer he showed that he had a commitment wanted to improve his fitness by spending his holiday with the fitness coach. Jose needs to learn how to deal with him carefully. I think Shaw has the spirit want to do well but Jose thinks of him like 28 years old. 21 years old obviously going to make a few mistakes sometime it's common and I believe he always give his 100% when he plays. And to be fair though I haven't seen anything wrong about his performances so far this season apart from Watford game. He's developing to get even better. I'm sure Sir Alex would have gone a little easier to Shaw since the boy just came back from horrific injury last season.
He is not though. Many LB will grow better attributes than him as he relies on physique. He will never be as clever or silky as an Alvez. He will never be a Roberto Carlos, Javier Zanetti, Maldini, Zambrotta or Cafu. He is more like a chargin bull but I don't see what his world class attributes will be.

Mike09

He is not though. Many LB will grow better attributes than him as he relies on physique. He will never be as clever or silky as an Alvez. He will never be a Roberto Carlos, Javier Zanetti, Maldini, Zambrotta or Cafu. He is more like a chargin bull but I don't see what his world class attributes will be.
I think you are underestimating him as a left back. He's not just bullying people with physical strength. His physical strength is just an extra bonus. There are many times that Shaw showed that he can defend using his brain. I'll use one of his defending against Hull city when hull players crossed the ball and Snodgrass almost got the ball but Shaw interrupted the cross as he awared that there is player behind me. Good awareness and positioning are the reason why he was able to anticipated that.
And also players you mentioned were already considered to be legend and also needed time in order to be the greatest full back. Shaw is still 21 years old. It is common to see him making few error at his age.

Stacks

I think you are underestimating him as a left back. He's not just bullying people with physical strength. His physical strength is just an extra bonus. There are many times that Shaw showed that he can defend using his brain. I'll used one of his defending against Hull city when hull players crossed the ball and Snodgrass almost got the ball but Shaw interrupted the cross as he awared that there is player behind me. Good awareness and positioning are the reason why he was able to anticipated that.
And also players you mentioned were already considered to be legend and also needed time in order to be the greatest full back. Shaw is still 21 years old. It is common to see him making few error at his age.
Going by his raw potential, I just don't see it. He is a defender so being able to defend is a basic necessity tbh

Mike09

Going by his raw potential, I just don't see it. He is a defender so being able to defend is a basic necessity tbh
I actually just gave you an example of his defending from the previous post and I called him knows how to defend from my first but you seem ignoring what I said or just didn't read them. I'll leave it like that if you still think the opposite.

Stacks

I actually just gave you an example of his defending from the previous post and I called him knows how to defend from my first but you seem ignoring what I said or just didn't read them. I'll leave it like that if you still think the opposite.
Huh? I read your post. I clearly stated he is a defender so it isn't too praise worthy that he actually defends in a football match, 'tis what I am saying

Rhyme Animal

Everytime I watched Luke Shaw plays, I think each of his performances are considered to be very good for his age. He's definitely quick, strong, knows how to defend and attack. Hes basically the future of best left back in the world. I believe in him, last season in summer he showed that he had a commitment wanted to improve his fitness by spending his holiday with the fitness coach. Jose needs to learn how to deal with him carefully. I think Shaw has the spirit want to do well but Jose thinks of him like 28 years old.
He isn't, but people like G.Nev and the MOTD pundits have told you he is so many times that you've started to believe them.

Think Jones, think Smalling - good, English players hyped and over-paid for (by Utd), but then 'failing to deliver', except they didn't 'fail to deliver', they're just not as good as they were hyped to be.

Shaw's a good left-back, but not at the level to be starting for an elite club (which Utd are), and certainly not at a level befitting of his wage level here - something which Mourinho quite rightly took issue with, something which not many people seem to remember...

"Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho claims he pulled out of a bid to sign Luke Shaw because his wage demands would have "killed" the club..."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28498546
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28498546
If Mourinho didn't think Shaw was worth those wages back then, what do you reckon he thinks now...?

IMO Mourinho's right. We overpaid for Shaw AND put him on ridiculous wages that will only spoil a young player - see his attitude now.

There are better full-backs in the league earning less than Shaw, hell, there are better full-backs at United earning less than Shaw, and that's gotta bother the manager - it'd bother me if I was in charge.

Of course Shaw's the tip of the iceberg -

Rooney is paid more than Aguero
Memphis Depay earns more than Coutinho
Schweinsteiger earns more than Diego Costa
Mkhitaryan earns more than Payet

It's ridiculous, and I could go on. We're getting mugged off as a club, and any manager who's serious about succeeding here would demand more for his money.

Just like SAF had to weed out the drinking culture, there's a culture at the club now of overpaid, over-hyped serial losers who instead of running through walls just to wear the shirt (and earn the feck off great wages that Utd dole out) whinge to the press and oust managers.

I'm glad the dressing room is shifting from player power to manager power, it's long over-due.

And if reinstating that balance means upsetting a few overpaid, under-performing players, so be it.

Stacks

Oh what a difference a year makes. 12 months ago Shaw was the wounded prince, whom the caf was mourning for, having shown his promise to lead and then tragically snatched away from us. He now returns a leper, hated by all and accused of being a right cnut. Its beautiful

AR87

The reality is Shaw is neither a certified star and also not some utter disappointment. He has made some mistakes in adjusting to United, maintaining his fitness and decisions on the pitch, but he's also had stretches of brilliant and dominating form at LB.

He's a top talent worth persisting with because his high end potential is very high given his physical attributes and the potential he has to add to our attack from the LB position. That doesn't mean he will come good and realize that potential, but having some maturity issues on and off the pitch and a bit of psychological issue to overcome after a horrific leg break doesn't also rule it out. He's only 21 and despite Mourinho taking a dig at him, I also believe it's because he believes Shaw has more to his game than he's shown thus far and wants to extract it from him.

I think we need to see how he reacts and performs over the course of the rest of the season before deciding his future and I believe he will get his opportunities and not just be discarded by Jose, because of some hesitance to play through injury and idiot comments made by his brother, which may or may not have been partially enabled by Luke himself. If Jose was willing to give Mata a chance and now features him quite regularly, I'm willing to bet Luke can change the manager's opinion of him as well.

JoaquinJoaquin

Oh what a difference a year makes. 12 months ago Shaw was the wounded prince, whom the caf was mourning for, having shown his promise to lead and then tragically snatched away from us. He now returns a leper, hated by all and accused of being a right cnut. Its beautiful
Forgot to add about 2 stone heavier also.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
Agreed, he doesn't look back to full match fitness/confidence and surely just needs time to rebuild both of those attributes, it seems way too early to judge him now.

dichinero

It is really amazing how fickle some of our fans can be. We are talking about a player who till date has never shown any signs of laziness or "weakness" as he is being accused of now. Did it occur to them that this is the same player that forced his way into the first team of a PL team at a very young age. He was doing well until he broke his leg in a horrific injury. All the reports that came out that he was doing over beyond mentally and physically to in rehabilitation to come back from that injury quickly, too quick according to some expert reports that he was almost in consideration for the Euros. That does not sound like a lazy or mentally weak player to me. Could it be that Shaw rushed himself to early by trying to impress the new incoming manager seeing that he was the only specialist LB in the club, and is now suffering from it?

I find it hard to just take the word of a manager who is known to overreact and over exaggerate when his uncontrollable emotions and ego get in the way. The same manager that couldn't help having a pop at the same player in question when he could not successfully sign him from Soton? Does Shaw look like the kind of player who has been known to shy from challenges since his injury? Maybe it could be that with English not being Jose's first language that he is been misinterpreted?

One sentence and Shaw has gone from promising to an over paid fraud. Super fans!

Dante

Average bang
It is really amazing how fickle some of our fans can be. We are talking about a player who till date has never shown any signs of laziness or "weakness" as he is being accused of now. Did it occur to them that this is the same player that forced his way into the first team of a PL team at a very young age. He was doing well until he broke his leg in a horrific injury. All the reports that came out that he was doing over beyond mentally and physically to in rehabilitation to come back from that injury quickly, too quick according to some expert reports that he was almost in consideration for the Euros. That does not sound like a lazy or mentally weak player to me. Could it be that Shaw rushed himself to early by trying to impress the new incoming manager seeing that he was the only specialist LB in the club, and is now suffering from it?

I find it hard to just take the word of a manager who is known to overreact and over exaggerate when his uncontrollable emotions and ego get in the way. The same manager that couldn't help having a pop at the same player in question when he could not successfully sign him from Soton? Does Shaw look like the kind of player who has been known to shy from challenges since his injury? Maybe it could be that with English not being Jose's first language that he is been misinterpreted?

One sentence and Shaw has gone from promising to an over paid fraud. Super fans!
What are your opinions on Rooney again?

Bwuk

Depending on what left backs are available in the summer I could see Jose selling him.

Mike09

Huh? I read your post. I clearly stated he is a defender so it isn't too praise worthy that he actually defends in a football match, 'tis what I am saying
Yea I know that's I'll leave it there means we can both disagree and ageee. You think his defending skills raw as a defender isn't good enough to be the candidate of the best left back in the future. While I think his defending skills raw as a defender is impressive for his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.