Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

redom

His overlaps give us another dimension, he doesn't always make the best use of them but it gives the opposition defense something to think about. If only we could get the same quality of delivery from his left as we get from Youngs right.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Shaw is doing ok, but Young has been better and I think should keep his place.

Ashley R1+O

Another solid outing and he continues to grow, he looks like he is a lot fitter and it is not affecting his decision making and intelligence. At times previously he's looked lethargic and unable to function at that top level with a calm head. I hope he continues, very talented player in there and needs to continue to push and grow.

Bwuk

Not really the game to judge him on based on the opposition and the players clearly were in first gear.

Hopefully against Spurs if he plays he plays further up the pitch.

Craig Ward

He'll get better and fitter the more he plays. He really does need to be our 1st choice LB instead of Young. I understand Jose is rotating and so on, but he is streets ahead of anything we have at LB.

Some of the attempted passes to his overlapping runs we're dreadful, but he's in the right areas to be a danger. Him and Sanchez could develop something down that side if they click

Who Loves ya Bebe

Lukes had his up's, and mostly downs at Utd, from fitness issues to horrible injuries, but through it all, he has always come across as likeable, and somebody that i want to see succeed at Utd. I hope this he grabs this chance with both hands.

He has the potential to be the best left back in the business, Utd cant afford passengers, and i hope he gets to nail the left back spot here, and not somewhere else.

luke511

One of the best left backs in the league and Young is keeping him out the side. feck off.

Coxy

One of the best left backs in the league and Young is keeping him out the side. feck off.
Sadly this. What sort of message does this send him? Plays really well - gets a run of games. Then gets dropped for the big one

J_Red 11

He will start the next game. This is probably the time which Shaw has been waiting for to be a regular left back, Young didn't perform and Shaw will take his chance to nail his spot.

hubbuh

Why put a pause on the momentum he'd been building? He would have had something to prove against such a big opponent. Disappointing that he got dropped.

Pyro19

I hope this is the game that Young gets dropped and Shaw gets a run of regular first team.

Watching Young hoof the ball since he was on his left and had no space to turn was painful

Bwuk

Surely that’ll be the end of Young and Shaw is back. Young was dreadful.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Should have started tonight. Hope he plays at the weekend.

Vilev

I don't really understand why after a decent games he gets dropped for a big game like that, And in comes Young, clearly short of match fitness and well how Jose thought it will turn out.

Robindinho

It just baffles me how he’s not first choice left back.

Apart from maybe putting in a better cross, what can he see in Young to keep him ahead of Shaw?

Sylar

Has a good run of games. Gets praised, then is dropped for the next few games for Young (who was stupid enough to get himself out due to a suspension).

Mourinho just doesn't seem to trust him with the big games yet. Really hope he gets an uninterrupted run in our team now. He's not perfect defensively but Young has been poor for the past month now, despite his decent deliveries

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Should start against Huddersfield. Drop Smalling too.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Mourinho just doesn't seem to trust him with the big games yet. Really hope he gets an uninterrupted run in our team now. He's not perfect defensively but Young has been poor for the past month now, despite his decent deliveries
Well if he doesn't play against Huddersfield, he's unlikely to get another run in the side.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Jose’s managing of him has been crap. Just when he gets a run he gets dropped for 2 games. Not for Roberto Carlos either but Ashley Young who was poor tonight.

Devil may care

I think he'll start on Saturday and if he plays well he can stake a claim as Young was utter dogshit tonight.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Both goals came from ‘his’ side.

Terrible management of him from Mourinho; if he understandably isn’t as sharp in his next opportunity, José will no doubt slate him publicly, and I can see this persisting until the summer where he’ll probably be replaced.

Will be a tragedy if that’s allowed to happen as well, because without the injury then a spiteful manager, he really could/should have been United’s leftback for a very long time.

Red_toad

Feckin he’ll are people peddling the whole Jose has a vendetta against certain players crap yet again?
This place at times.
With hindsight should have started over Young v spuds. As he’d have far better defensively, which is what we were lacking.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Should take over as the left back full time. Young has done well but he leaves gaps on that side every time he plays, and opposition always target his side, since he just isn't a fullback. Shaw gives us much better balance, and a more natural overlap on the left with Martial/Sanchez cutting in. Actually Shaw is pretty much better from left back at every single aspect of the game. feck knows why Mourinho went for Young.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's been really terrible today, it has to be said. Didn't even try to do anything most of the time, I think he's been lucky they aren't even trying to attack us, because he's looked switched off the entire game.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The fact that he's left footed makes him an upgrade on Young imo.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He's been really terrible today, it has to be said. Didn't even try to do anything most of the time, I think he's been lucky they aren't even trying to attack us, because he's looked switched off the entire game.
Haven’t seen the game but most others are saying he’s been good... What’s he done that was so terrible?

criticalanalysis

The fact that he's left footed makes him an upgrade on Young imo.
Agree on both though I wouldn't say terrible, just 'dissapponting' but that's in the context that we know he's capable of more and expect it. A 'nothing' game like this from him is worth double from whatever 'good' game we get from Young if we are think long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.