Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suv666

I'll admit, wanted Shaw out and Sandro in. So glad that I was wrong. Fair play to Mourinho and Shaw himself, didn't give up despite the fact half of the fanbase wanted him gone.

Ace of Spades

Very happy for him, now just hope he comes back in fine condition from international duty.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Lets not get too carried away. This is Manchester United, what Luke is doing right now is the bare minimum, and just what to be expected from him. Long may it continue, but he has to get a lot better defensively.

Borden

Lets not get too carried away. This is Manchester United, what Luke is doing right now is the bare minimum, and just what to be expected from him. Long may it continue, but he has to get a lot better defensively.
True, but at least he's starting to look like a Manchester United player.

Walters_19_MuFc

Wow! Complete transformation. Looks like the Shaw we bought from Southampton. Fantastic start to the season. Long may it continue.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
True, but at least he's starting to look like a Manchester United player.
I think he has had this level in him since he got here. But what is sad is that he has regressed in a few areas, so in my eyes he is just catching up right now in a lot of areas, but also still improving in other areas, has to be said. If he doesn't keep doing what he does now, he will just fade like he has been doing, then come back again like he has now. Im not sure i trust him at all, his career will be decided on his will to be professional

JohnnyKills

Been our best player so far this season. Credit to him and Mourinho for the turnaround.

cantaldo

He has had a very good start to the season, my only gripe is there are times where he doesn't overlap despite the space there to be exploited but maybe it's something that mourinho doesn't want him to commit to every time we start to attack?

Last edited:

luke511

He has had a very good start to the season, my only gripe is there are times where he doesn't overlap despite the space their to be exploited but maybe it's something that mourinho doesn't want him to commit to every time we start to attack?
He did in the first half, sat a lot deeper in the second after the 2-0 lead, definitely an instruction.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I live the way he has started the season, such confidence and composure

Andersons Dietician

I’m going to make a claim here and that is he’ll score a few goals this season. I’ll go with 4. He seems to have a really good shot from outside of the box, he is good at controlling it and it’s not just a wild swing at a ball, not to mention his bursting in to the box moments look dangerous.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m going to make a claim here and that is he’ll score a few goals this season. I’ll go with 4. He seems to have a really good shot from outside of the box, he is good at controlling it and it’s not just a wild swing at a ball, not to mention his bursting in to the box moments look dangerous.
Thought the same during the game today. Sometimes full-backs often have random goalscoring periods in their careers.

Monreal has turned into a force in the last year, Evra had a spell where he was scoring headers weekly too. Shaw seems to have he belief to do anything at the moment, and having gotten his first goal, he seems so confident now.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Been our best player through the first four games and was impressive again today. Give him a new contract already.
No, let's see him do it consistently till May before we go handing out new contracts to someone who's done nothing the previous 4 years to deserve one

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The chubby boy has been great this early season. I almost forgot the feeling of having a good leftback.

Bola

Thought he was done due to his conditioning issues, but since he has got himself into top shape, he is putting in top performances.

Another great game today in terms of work rate and attacking output (he had a role in Rom's 2nd goal). Not really tested defensively, but it seems he is improved in all areas this season.

Very, very happy with the turnaround and the LB spot is his if he can stay fit

Now we just need someone to phase out Valencia on the right, like Shaw has done to Young on the left. Fingers crossed for Dalot.

James Peril

Ok Shaw, you have managed to do what everybody was hoping for, even when it looked incredibly dead and buried... just keep it going. I like his touch and flow in attack, he is not a crosser of the ball at all, but he likes short and direct passes onto foot - it works. If only we could have a Mendy type of crossing on the right.

It’s way too soon to conclude though, he’s not back-back yet. It takes one small injury to ruin his progress and mentality. It goes without saying, everybody that’s been hampered by injuries in sports knows it, his mentality is fragile and he needs 30+ games now without any hick-ups. Fingers crossed

ATXRedDevil

No, let's see him do it consistently till May before we go handing out new contracts to someone who's done nothing the previous 4 years to deserve one
I was somewhat joking regarding the immediacy, but he’s out of contract at the end of the year. Waiting until May would essentially mean letting him leave for free (he can start talking to other clubs in the new year). Further, we have about 10 players out of contract at the end of the season and clearly can’t avoid to sign replacements for all of them. A young English LB with promise is the last of that lot we should be letting walk for free.

Ludens the Red

It really is good to see us playing with a proper wing back. The amount of space his runs afforded Sanchez in that first half is why you need positive wing backs.

keener

He has been one of the best players on the pitch the last 2 games. He offers so much going forward. I love his play when he's ON like this.

The United

His form this season is very similar to the one he had under LVG's 2nd season. Hope it continues.

He always has potential. Who knows wth was going on with him for the last 2 season.

ash_86

Massive credits to Jose in bringing back a dying star. Shaw should be a prime example for whoever feels Jose doesn't play a role in developing young talent.

The United

Massive credits to Jose in bringing back a dying star. Shaw should be a prime example for whoever feels Jose doesn't play a role in developing young talent.
Yup, by bulling the lad in front of the public for 2 years and when realized not being able to get a new LB, put him back in to see.

It was a prime example of how Jose develops young talents. I hope he does it on other youth players too. We might get another class of 92 or something.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Yup, by bulling the lad in front of the public for 2 years and when realized not being able to get a new LB, put him back in to see.

It was a prime example of how Jose develops young talents. I hope he does it on other youth players too. We might get another class of 92 or something.
We were never linked with a new LB. No credible source quoted any news. He was being pretty honest with Shaw and let it on him to decide what he wanted to do with the talent he possesed. Shaw has finally responded with performances and hard work. I hope Martial learns. He literally gave up after we signed Sanchez.

ash_86

Yeah Jose is some monster killing bright talent. Keep believing that.

The United

We were never linked with a new LB. No credible source quoted any news. He was being pretty honest with Shaw and let it on him to decide what he wanted to do with the talent he possesed. Shaw has finally responded with performances and hard work. I hope Martial learns. He literally gave up after we signed Sanchez.
There were a few sources about a new LB. Even Jose's mouthpiece didn't report it? Of course you can call it not credible when it didn't happen.

Shaw has showed these kind of performances before at United. It is all about giving him some chances. He got it some now and took it. Hopefully, it goes forever.

SER19

Bullying :lol: you cant be serious? Bullying?

If shaw himself has no issue with the manager and credits him, why would anybody else. The age of being offended on somebody elses behalf persists

el3mel

Surprised Shaw didn't request a transfer then if he was getting "bullied" by his manager.

The United

Yeah Jose is some monster killing bright talent. Keep believing that.
Not at all.

I would even go a step further and say what no one wants to admit. Which is you have to give credit to Ed too. If he bought a new LB, we would not have a chance to see Jose's talent at developing youth players.

sam147

People were quick to criticise Jose for dropping Shaw. What they fail to realise is LVG had issues with Shaw and there have always been questions over his fitness and mentality. Shaw this season is a great example of what type of response Jose wants from Martial. To work hard and come into the team. I think last seasons criticism will have benefitted Shaw a lot. If he handled that and came out on top then you know he has the mentality to play for United. If he keeps this form up until December he would have earnt a new contract.

The United

Surprised Shaw didn't request a transfer then if he was getting "bullied" by his manager.
Some credit to him of course to keep his head down to get the chance he is getting.

You know you can play that game too. I am just saying.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
There were a few sources about a new LB. Even Jose's mouthpiece didn't report it? Of course you can call it not credible when it didn't happen.

Shaw has showed these kind of performances before at United. It is all about giving him some chances. He got it some now and took it. Hopefully, it goes forever.
Only Duncan Castles reported about Sandro. If there was any truth to it, DiMarzio would have reported that given the transfer was from Seria A.

Shaw was injured like all the time in last few years. He got a few opportunities last season was literally out of shape and played badly. Also young was playing very well so there was no point dropping him. Anyways, I too hope Shaw stays fit and keeps performing well.

SER19

People were quick to criticise Jose for dropping Shaw. What they fail to realise is LVG had issues with Shaw and there have always been questions over his fitness and mentality. Shaw this season is a great example of what type of response Jose wants from Martial. To work hard and come into the team. I think last seasons criticism will have benefitted Shaw a lot. If he handled that and came out on top then you know he has the mentality to play for United. If he keeps this form up until December he would have earnt a new contract.
Absolutely. Should it go to shaws head and his level drop again who will get the blame i wonder. Some players need the carrot, some need the stick. So far so good and hope shaw keeps going its been a great start

el3mel

Some credit to him of course to keep his head down to get the chance he is getting.

You know you can play that game too. I am saying.
No one knows how the relation between the manager and his player looks alike unless those at the club. Claiming anything based on the media or quotes is nonsense.

Shaw said during pre season he had no problem with what his manager said and his relation with him in training is something no one else knows about and is different. I have the right to believe the player not you, so sorry.

The United

Only Duncan Castles reported about Sandro. If there was any truth to it, DiMarzio would have reported that given the transfer was from Seria A.

Shaw was injured like all the time in last few years. He got a few opportunities last season was literally out of shape and played badly. Also young was playing very well so there was no point dropping him. Anyways, I too hope Shaw stays fit and keeps performing well.
Exactly Duncan is Jose's mouth piece. You can say Castles is not credible well so is not dimarzio. At least not with all transfers. Happens to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.