Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The United

No one knows how the relation between the manager and his player looks alike unless those at the club. Claiming anything based on the media or quotes is nonsense.

Shaw said during pre season he had no problem with what his manager said and his relation with him in training is something no one else knows about and is different. I have the right to believe the player not you, so sorry.
Huh? All I said was credit to shaw as well to make it work in the post.

You disagree?

AgentP

Exactly Duncan is Jose's mouth piece. You can say Castles is not credible well so is not dimarzio. At least not with all transfers. Happens to everyone.
This asks the question if it was Ed who vetoed a move for Sandro against Jose's wishes. Could end up being a very wise decision if Shaw can carry on like this.

el3mel

Ok, we agree on that then. I do hope Shaw keeps his form. I don't want to waste money on that position when I think we have a player with good potential.
Hopefully Dalot and Shaw solve us the full back positions without the need of additional signings. Will be great.

ash_86

Not at all.

I would even go a step further and say what no one wants to admit. Which is you have to give credit to Ed too. If he bought a new LB, we would not have a chance to see Jose's talent at developing youth players.
Hardly linked with anyone and it died a quick death back in the first month of the window. Even if he's pissed he didn't get anyone in , he could've played Young and not trusted shaw when his reputation was on the line today.

The United

Hardly linked with anyone and it died a quick death back in the first month of the window. Even if he's pissed he didn't get anyone in , he could've played Young and not trusted shaw when his reputation was on the line today.
You see I am giving Jose some credit here with this.

If he can do it more with other players, that's great for us and we would be saving tons of money instead of buying anyone that he points to only to throw them away a year later or so.

Great mangers are great because they do the best with what they have. It is time Jose shows that he is that at United. I don't give a dam about how successful he was with other teams in the past or will be with his future teams. His CV is good for getting hired at United and it stops there.

Womp

idiot
Kid is so fecking good, has proven me completely wrong so far. Keep it up lad.

ash_86

You see I am giving Jose some credit here with this.

If he can do it more with other players, that's great for us and we would be saving tons of money instead of buying anyone that he points to only to throw them away a year later or so.

Great mangers are great because they do the best with what they have. It is time Jose shows that he is that at United. I don't give a dam about how successful he was with other teams in the past or will be with his future teams. His CV is good for getting hired at United and it stops there.
Agreed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Kid is so fecking good, has proven me completely wrong so far. Keep it up lad.
In terms of talent there's few as good as him IMO. I was stunned by good he was at 18 so the last 4 years have obviously been very disappointing. But he does have that high evel in him without a doubt. If he keeps it up, and he has a long long way to to go, we've got a gem of a LB on our hands.

meamth

He is just so calm and collected. Never seems out of breath..really, really assuring.

The way he accelerates is like an elegant Cheetah, effortless.

We can see his crossing is work in progress too, hope he perfected it soon.

meamth

The boy could apply serious pace on the ball isn't it?

I hope he will develop his shooting more to the level of Roberto Carlos. Nothing is impossible at this point.

Womp

idiot
In terms of talent there's few as good as him IMO. I was stunned by good he was at 18 so the last 4 years have obviously been very disappointing. But he does have that high evel in him without a doubt. If he keeps it up, and he has a long long way to to go, we've got a gem of a LB on our hands.
I agree, don't think his talent was ever in question. The constant question marks over his application and fitness, coupled with the fact that it just seemed he needed a fresh start, made me think he was done here though. Credit to the coaching staff and the lad himself, he looks completely rejuvenated.

El Chino

Was watching the match on telly and either John Gregory or Gary Stevens mentioned that Shaw allegedly stayed up all night gaming on a regular basis. That and his penchant for fizzy drinks would affect his fitness and concentration. Good to see that he has turned it around but I feel that Jose deserves some credit for Shaw's resurgence. He probably needed tough love if the allegations are true.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
People were quick to criticise Jose for dropping Shaw. What they fail to realise is LVG had issues with Shaw and there have always been questions over his fitness and mentality. Shaw this season is a great example of what type of response Jose wants from Martial. To work hard and come into the team. I think last seasons criticism will have benefitted Shaw a lot. If he handled that and came out on top then you know he has the mentality to play for United. If he keeps this form up until December he would have earnt a new contract.
Personally think Shaw has got lucky that Jose wasn’t backed in the transfer market (or that any left backs such as Sandro were being offered at huge prices) rather than any astute management where he has been concerned.

We have had to play without him for a long time and yes eventually he’s managed to get himself right but should have happened much sooner. Even when he was given games .. I didn’t think he was doing that bad and yet he would get thrown under the bus and not played again for ages a) killing his confidence b) not letting him get fit with games c) get him back into the groove of being a first team player and motivating him to get his fitness etc back to elite levels.

You can argue it’s not Jose’s role to hold Shaws hand and get him to reach his potential by getting himself fit - which is a fair opinion etc but a talent like Shaw - we have been crying out for some attacking full back play down the left and should have gambled in getting him fit through games. Two years is a awful long time.

Beagle

He is just so calm and collected. Never seems out of breath..really, really assuring.

The way he accelerates is like an elegant Cheetah, effortless.

We can see his crossing is work in progress too, hope he perfected it soon.
Thing that strikes me most is he's quite fleet- footed on his left. I'd guess he became a defender because he is one dimensional going forward.

Relfy

He has started the season well and the LB slot is his to lose now. I don't even see Jose dropping him for Young when he is playing this well. No one knows what happened behind the scenes, but I am hoping that it's a case of Shaw listening to the advice of his manager and coaches, and not those people he has around him. Let's hope he maintains this level and starts progressing further. Will be a huge addition to us having a solid attacking LB for the season.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Funny how quickly some people's opinion changes, from wanting him replaced in the summer.

Let's hope he stays fit and keeps his place in the team. Very positive signs so far.

meamth

Funny how quickly some people's opinion changes, from wanting him replaced in the summer.

Let's hope he stays fit and keeps his place in the team. Very positive signs so far.
I'm quite sure those who posted here recently is the same person who supported him.

Haters are lurking, waiting to pounce.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream

I think you can look at it more positively and take it that people are willing to reassess their own strongly held opinions in the face of new evidence :)

Andy_Cole

I wanted him gone and to be fair rightly so. I thought Jose had no chance in starting him, and I wanted a player better than Young in the squad. I didn’t think he would turn things around. But he has and I feel it’s huge for our season.

I was fuming we didn’t bring in a left back, but Shaw playing this well we don’t need one. Hopefully Shaw will be our left back for years to come now!

Dike_Manc

I will go as far as saying that he has revived our attack. His lung busting runs forward gives Sanchez and the likes options, He adds a body to the attacks (which was much needed last season) and he is quite the goal threat himself with his very controlled shots from range. I am so happy with him and it is all very strategic, just watch Matic slot in his place as Shaw goes forward.
Long may this continue, I do not want to see Young back in that left hand side.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I wanted him gone and to be fair rightly so. I thought Jose had no chance in starting him, and I wanted a player better than Young in the squad. I didn’t think he would turn things around. But he has and I feel it’s huge for our season.

I was fuming we didn’t bring in a left back, but Shaw playing this well we don’t need one. Hopefully Shaw will be our left back for years to come now!
So you think 4 games is enough of a basis?

Rossa

What I liked about his performance yesterday was his determination. He was hard in the tackle and determined to get forward. He has really good technique and his short passing is quite accurate and incisive. I liked that he was outpaced by Lennon (great to see that Lennon still has that burst in him) and you could see he was visibly pissed off; when Lennon tried the same thing later in the match, Shaw both outpaced and outmuscled him. Instead of letting his head drop (like you could see him do last seasons), he put some grit into it and just did his busness. Great match by Shaw!

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I must admit I had just about written him off. His talent was never in question but in the early stages of the Summer when yet again we saw him quite badly out of shape, I just felt like it was done. Delighted to have been proven wrong.

His turnaround has been fantastic. He's been positive, dogged, sharp, and above all, confident. Communicating with other players, arguing with the ref, you can see his confidence is back. I remember back when he was a shadow of himself, he kept pulling his jersey down. He was at it non-stop, it looked clear to me that he was self-conscious of his physique and I had never seen that from a player before, and I'm glad that that's seemingly behind him.

I think it'd be fair to say that he has been our best player so far this season. Even against Brighton and Spurs he was one of the few who could leave with his head held high. It's so key that he stays injury-free now, and if he does have a bad game, Jose has to keep playing him. He can't do what he's done to Pereira.

NoLogo

The change has a lot to do with Shaw's change in attitude. I don't think his talent was ever in doubt just his will to make it at the top level was and for good reason since he couldn't stay in shape or injury free for the better part since signing. Granted the big injury wasn't his fault but a lot of what came afterwards he could have handled differently. Also I hope it's not just him putting in a shift for a new contract and slacking off as soon as he has signed a new one again. For me the doubts about his attitude still aren't completely gone but it's good to finally see the Shaw I hoped we would get after signing him from Southampton.

Andersons Dietician

The change has a lot to do with Shaw's change in attitude. I don't think his talent was ever in doubt just his will to make it at the top level was and for good reason since he couldn't stay in shape or injury free for the better part since signing. Granted the big injury wasn't his fault but a lot of what came afterwards he could have handled differently. Also I hope it's not just him putting in a shift for a new contract and slacking off as soon as he has signed a new one again. For me the doubts about his attitude still aren't completely gone but it's good to finally see the Shaw I hoped we would get after signing him from Southampton.
There was a story the other day that United approached his people to begin contract talks and Shaw’s people said they would rather wait to see how his situation at the club develops for example his opportunities on the pitch. So that to me sounds like it’s more Shaw’s team that are hesitant to renegotiate currently.

There were many know it alls who were claiming he was rubbish wasn’t talented. There were certainly people that thought he was talented but was just never going to get there. Hopefully his run of form continues throughout the season as what he has shown so far this season is what many have been saying is in the locker if he is given a chance.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He's been fantastic. Thought yesterday was his best game, albeit against a Burnley team who have been playing since July and had Europa responsibilities on Thursday.

Still think the England call up was too soon, and I just hope he realises there is so much more to do.

He's not quite Evra material, but it's a real throw back having a full back who can bomb down the wing and get involved in play, instead of having Young with the cut inside far post cross.

King_Cantona07

its refreshing to see how diff team looks like when you have a proper left footed LB play in the defense than stop the move and cut back on right foot for next step. Add to the fluid nature of game which we are seeing now. He is also taking inward channels (space between opposition full back and center back) which is good to see and adds variety to the game and difficult to defense against for opposition.

SSSSnake

He's certainly proved me wrong. I thought the writing was on the wall for him. He's showing consistency now which is key for the team. He doesn't look unfit and he gets in some great attacking positions. I'm eagerly looking forward to the England game to see how he continues.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What I liked about his performance yesterday was his determination. He was hard in the tackle and determined to get forward. He has really good technique and his short passing is quite accurate and incisive. I liked that he was outpaced by Lennon (great to see that Lennon still has that burst in him) and you could see he was visibly pissed off; when Lennon tried the same thing later in the match, Shaw both outpaced and outmuscled him. Instead of letting his head drop (like you could see him do last seasons), he put some grit into it and just did his busness. Great match by Shaw!
So pleased to see him back playing at the highest level. Poor bloke’s anguished expression when the ref blew for a penalty took the sting out of Pog’s miss for me.

NoLogo

There was a story the other day that United approached his people to begin contract talks and Shaw’s people said they would rather wait to see how his situation at the club develops for example his opportunities on the pitch. So that to me sounds like it’s more Shaw’s team that are hesitant to renegotiate currently.

There were many know it alls who were claiming he was rubbish wasn’t talented. There were certainly people that thought he was talented but was just never going to get there. Hopefully his run of form continues throughout the season as what he has shown so far this season is what many have been saying is in the locker if he is given a chance.
Well I didn't think his treatment last season was all that warranted, despite him needing a kick in his behind he should have gotten more of a chance. That being said I always felt like him, Martial and de Gea were the three I would most like to keep around for a couple of more years out of the corp of players that have contracts running out at the end of the season. And yeah I really like that we are finally seeing him getting to that level where he was at during his Southampton days.

Rossa

So pleased to see him back playing at the highest level. Poor bloke’s anguished expression when the ref blew for a penalty took the sting out of Pog’s miss for me.
Agreed! I have a real soft spot for him after all that he's been through. At his best, he was a joy to watch with his darting runs, dribbling and insane acceleration. Only player that would accelerate past Evra in his prime. To bad about his less than average end product though.

MUFC OK

This summer was without doubt the apocalyptic crossroads moment in Shaw's (still young) career. Not only had his chances dried up to almost nothing at United, but he was deservedly left out of the England World Cup squad, kept out by his United teammate some 9 years his senior, a converted former winger, and England go on to put in a proud performance at the World Cup, with the players almost coming home as heroes. Then, the all time low (I hope) of the photo's from his holiday with friends, beer in hand in which he looks in a shape resembling a boxer from an era gone by in the off season, and absolutely miles away from being ready for the new season.

At this point he literally had it all to prove, and I must admit, despite being desperate for him to succeed, that I was starting to question his attitude and believe that he may not ever become the player he once promised and that perhaps we should let him move on. All this whilst not forgetting that he is still a young player and a young man, albeit an extremely wealthy one and he had suffered an injury that had the potential to shatter a player's confidence for good, if not end their career.

He has been magnificent these opening 4 games, he is growing in stature and confidence and is becoming a consistently great performer regardless of how the team around him is playing, and this is extremely encouraging. Obviously it's only 4 games into the season but personally I'm impressed with his application, he looks to have been doing something different this year in his approach (what exactly this is we don't know), and it's working. Let's hope he can keep ticking over with these good performances and we can look back at the end of the season and say 'that's the Luke Shaw we thought we were signing'. If I am being hyper critical I'd like to see him lose an extra half a stone, you can see there is room for that and it would aid his athleticism further, but encouraging stuff so far.

Ekeke

Lets not get too carried away. This is Manchester United, what Luke is doing right now is the bare minimum, and just what to be expected from him. Long may it continue, but he has to get a lot better defensively.
While I agree its best not to get carried away - Shaw had a 5 match run where he was great before he got injured too which people are quick to forget. He's not doing the bare minimum for United

He's doing twice as good as Valencia and Young were last season. That was the bare minimum.

Ekeke

Bullying :lol: you cant be serious? Bullying?

If shaw himself has no issue with the manager and credits him, why would anybody else. The age of being offended on somebody elses behalf persists
Do you seriously believe a player in Shaw's position would say any different?

Thats not to say that its not true. But the idea that Shaw would be saying his manager picks on him (which is similar to what his family member tweeted iirc) and risking his starting spot is ridiculous. If Shaw does happen to feel that way we'll probably only know after Mourinho is gone.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Do you seriously believe a player in Shaw's position would say any different?

Thats not to say that its not true. But the idea that Shaw would be saying his manager picks on him (which is similar to what his family member tweeted iirc) and risking his starting spot is ridiculous. If Shaw does happen to feel that way we'll probably only know after Mourinho is gone.
His brother Ben. Been silent on twitter since March but last 'liked' this tweet

Janson

I'm delighted to have been proved wrong, as I never believed he had this in him before the season started.

Andersons Dietician

Well I didn't think his treatment last season was all that warranted, despite him needing a kick in his behind he should have gotten more of a chance. That being said I always felt like him, Martial and de Gea were the three I would most like to keep around for a couple of more years out of the corp of players that have contracts running out at the end of the season. And yeah I really like that we are finally seeing him getting to that level where he was at during his Southampton days.
He does certainly look currently more like the player that was at Southampton who would power past people and just outrun pretty much anyone. Been really impressed more so with his selection of passes in the final 3rd more so than just putting a nothing ball in. Have to say tho in the last 2 games there have been moments where he has broken beyond the defence and could put in a dangerous ball but Lukaku or others haven’t kept pace so he can’t whip in the cross. This is something that needs to be addressed by the others more so than Luke as he has shown he can get in the space to deliver, just needs the forwards to make the runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.