Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Bossing it. Long may it continue.

binary bot
Every facet of his game has improved at once. It's crazy. He's contending every backpost ball, and winning far more headers than you'd expect. Great stuff.

FlapR

Pleased for him that he's doing well this season. Hope he keeps it up.

Devil may care

The only bright spot right now, that's 4 good games in a row for Shaw, hope things go well for him with England over the break.

gr3yham3

Duncan Castle, who is as close to Jose as anyone was sure we would sign a left back. Only reason it didnt happen is because Juve wanted too much for Sandro.
Castle might have some connections, but Jose has never mentioned getting a new LB in at all. Besides Castles, many other outlets were saying that we were not interested in a new LB. Think Simon Stone was one of those.

freeurmind

weak willed
Brilliant again, man of the match for me. If he keeps up this level of performance it's going to be hard to justify not giving him a new deal.

Greck

He was going to get a deal even if Young was still ahead of him. By all accounts and even Woodward's briefing he isn't going anywhere

Red-17

The only thing I'd like to see more from him is taking his man on down the endline and trying to get a cross in like you see some of the great attacking fullbacks do. He's got the pace for it, and it would make defenders back off him a little more which would allow him more time to pick his head up. Overall though another very good performance apart from the one mistake with Lennon, but even still he didn't let him go free.

Nick7

I really really hope he continues on like this. Looked like he picked up an injury halfway through the second half but didn't let it affect him. Good to see.

RedStarUnited

Salah was 4th choice signing for Klopp, but everyone wanks off Klopp for 'coaching' Salah.

Funnily enough, coaching attackers is actually quite simple, because most of their work is from natural talent. Coaching defenders is extremely difficult and they mature slower because of the high learning curve of defending.
tbh I dont see anyone rating Klopp fr coaching Salah. And the part in bold I dont believe but this isnt the place for that argument.

Gradually becoming one of the first names on the teamsheet and with good reason.He's been a bright spark in a otherwise gloomy period.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Keeps going. I'm so delighted that he's turning things around. If Dalot is anywhere near to what Shaw is now we could finally have proper attacking full backs.

DavelinaJolie

Coming back propely from an injury like he had takes longer than just regaining match fitness. Good to see him back to his old self.

Hawks2008

Very good and once again our best player probably. Promising start to the season.

Another good game. Got done once but responded well by making sure the man didn't get into the box.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I had wrote him off but he's finally starting to look useful again. Hopefully he keeps improving.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Extremely pleased for Shaw. Always rated him defensively but his output going forward was absolutely shocking first few seasons.

Delighted for the lad he is contributing at the other end as fullbacks are vital in the modern game. He’s started really well I’m chuffed for him. Let’s hope he can improve even more and maintain this good form and contribute lots of assists this season.

mav_9me

Great game again. Would like him to cross better but it's more important to be involved in the attack like today. Evra wasn't a great crosser but was always involved in attacks.

ash_86

We actually have a functional LB for a change. Has been a very good month for Shaw.

FromTheBench

Great game again. Would like him to cross better but it's more important to be involved in the attack like today. Evra wasn't a great crosser but was always involved in attacks.
Haven't played football at the highest level but in my experience crossing is the easiest attribute to improve with practice but our players fail to improve on that.

ice-bionic red

As long as he stays fit I’ve no doubt he’ll be our starting left back for a long time.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He was a little quieter this match, but still very good. It was actually his passing that was the most impressive thing this time, he slipped through a number of very good passes into the feet of somebody who was in a great position, and just generally worked well with his team-mates.

Duncan Castle, who is as close to Jose as anyone was sure we would sign a left back. Only reason it didnt happen is because Juve wanted too much for Sandro.
Castles does occasionally get fed information from Mourinho or Mendes, but that's about it. The majority of what he writes is absolute rubbish just like he always has been, although now it's pro-United instead of anti-United since he wants to protect that source of information. He certainly isn't 'as close to Jose as anyone'. I'm not saying he wasn't right here, this may well be one of those occasions where he was tipped off. But it's just as likely, if not more so, that it was just another of his rubbish stories.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Superb today. That's the defender we felt we had signed 4 years back. Still got great potential.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It comes as no surprise to me that he’s back to performing at a high level. Those that were openly questioning his ability were completely unjustified; some were even revising how good of a player he was before we signed him. Long may it continue.

It comes as no surprise to me that he’s back to performing at a high level. Those that were openly questioning his ability were completely unjustified; some were even revising how good of a player he was before we signed him. Long may it continue.
I think it comes as a surprise to a lot of people, and I really didn’t think I would see the combination of a. him playing well (as he really hasn’t in 2 years), and b. to be given an extended run in the team.

I’m so pleased for him, I didn’t think it would happen - if he can keep it up (and I have confidence that he will [now]), then it’s really like a new signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.